3 New Note 10 Questions

CraigS26

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
AT&T SM-970UZKAATT
30@$21.67 led me from a Note 5 to the Note 10 I really like and I've done fairly well with Setup for a old guy who can barely spell Kumputer - BUT 3 Unknowns linger:
1. Clk 3 bars to see Open "Apps/Tabs" in background.... I see No (--) to Close JUST That App/Tab; Only Close All - IF you Clk On an Open in-the-background App & Back-arrow to Home Screen - Is "THAT" THE & ONLY Way to Close Just it?

2. IF Note 10 has to be logged into -- https:---- //findmymobile.samsung.com/ --- to be Found (I succeeded in setup) ..... On my desktop IF Cookies aren't right a logged-into Site is Lost at App close and it appears That way on Note 10. Am I right you Must Leave the FMM App Open in the Background after Login?
EDIT: I Closed the App in the Phone and first test with Desktop computer to Locate didn't work but from then On the phone location showed on the screen

3. (SOLVED) In Gallery, tr
ansferred Note 5 jpgs from a museum have their edges covered some by a black, opaque border w/ function icons on parts of it -- So I don't know IF you can View All of the Pic without the black, opaque border covering parts. Is their an adjustment to do so?

[*]EDIT: With a Glass Screen Cover I apparently tapped too hard, as THAT Closed the Pic BUT a Lighter Tap DOES Remove the Black Border as my wife showed me on the first try. Never considered a Light tap with a Glass cover.

Many Thanks for Any Replies!!

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
2. IF Note 10 has to be logged into -- https:---- //findmymobile.samsung.com/ --- to be Found (I succeeded in setup) ..... On my desktop IF Cookies aren't right a logged-into Site is Lost at App close and it appears That way on Note 10. Am I right you Must Leave the FMM App Open in the Background after Login?
No. The phone itself isn't a website, it doesn't use cookies (which are a browser thing)

Since I don't have a Note 10, someone else will have to tackle your other questions.

But let's not blame anything on being "a old guy" - I'm 77 (not exactly "old", but not young either), and I still manually install the update to my phone every month (after downloading it on my PC). It's what you're good at. An "old guy" doctor is still better at first aid or diagnosing a heart attack than a "young guy" with no medical training. (My primary care physician is a young kid - barely 30. [And to think that I once considered 30 ancient.])

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
30@$21.67 (AT&T) led me from a Note 5 to the Note 10 I really like and I've done fairly well with Setup for a old guy who can barely spell Kumputer - BUT 3 Unknowns linger:
1. Clk 3 bars to see Open "Apps/Tabs" in background.... I see No (--) to Close JUST That App/Tab; Only Close All - IF you Clk On an Open in-the-background App & Back-arrow to Home Screen - Is "THAT" THE & ONLY Way to Close Just it?

3. In Gallery, transferred Note 5 jpgs from a museum have their edges covered some by a black, opaque border w/ function icons on parts of it -- So I don't know IF you can View All of the Pic without the black, opaque border covering parts. Is their an adjustment to do so?

Many Thanks for Any Replies!!

1. In the multitasking you can swipe individual apps away. You don't have to choose the close all. Just swipe up on the app you want to close. For 3. I'm not sure I'm understanding what you mean. If you could post a screenshot so I see what you mean I might can help.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
It may be the navigation bar that you are referring to. On the 3rd issue, I do recall video imports showing an opaque frame in the new gallery. That was usually due to a converter app not being downloaded. Tap and hold the image with the frame. A sub-menu should pop up with information.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200206-065058_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20200206-065058_One UI Home.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20200206-065004_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20200206-065004_Settings.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

CraigS26

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks to all Reply-ers!
Swipe Up Closes individual App/tab - Great

Art gallery pic shows opaque black border hiding Top-Bottom of pic that I can see marginally (ie) Windmill Fins -- THRU the black.
Icons for Fav, Edit, trash, Red-eye, etc are ON the Black Border I wish could be Minimized to see Entire JPG.
Note 5 JUST Showed the JPG
Thanks for any suggestions!!
GALLRERY JPG.jpg

Last edited:

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to all Reply-ers!
Swipe Up Closes individual App/tab - Great

Art gallery pic shows opaque black border hiding Top-Bottom of pic that I can see marginally (ie) Windmill Fins -- THRU the black.
Icons for Fav, Edit, trash, Red-eye, etc are ON the Black Border I wish could be Minimized to see Entire JPG.
Note 5 JUST Showed the JPG
Thansk for any suggestions!!
View attachment 316206

If you just tap anywhere on the photo does the Edit/Share and borders not go away?

CraigS26

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
If you just tap anywhere on the photo does the Edit/Share and borders not go away?

[*]EDIT: With a Glass Screen Cover I apparently tapped too hard, as THAT Closed the Pic BUTa Lighter Tap DOES Remove the Black Border as my wife showed me on the first try. Never considered a Light tap with a Glass cover.

Thank you, & a net No.
Tap or Multi-taps either closes it or super-enlarges the Pic beyond useful (With NO Border) and THEN you can squeeze it Smaller - BUT - without the Border You STILL Never see the top Windmill Fins I can (when Pic not expanded) barely see through the border. Unless something evolves here I'll ask at Best Buy & AT&T as I happen to be in the store. This is Not life threatening but more of a Wish.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835