carrier bootup

kcdee00

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a Note 10 plus that I know is an ATT phone. I am using on Straight talk network with ATT sim.

The issue is the current provider that comes up when you boot the phone up is US Cellular. Is there any way to change this? I tried getting another sim card from straight talk.

The person I bought the phone from let his friend that was going to buy the phone out his sim card in which was a USCC sim.

Pretty sure USCC doesn't allow wifi calling so it is blocking the feature because of software.

Any help??

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Even though it's a Att phone if it's sim unlocked the Sim card that you install will dictate what provision go on it like boot up screen , wifi calling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It shouldn't be, even though the US Cellular name may show. But a factory reset should fix that. (And it won't change the unlocked status - but it will wipe all your data, installed apps, etc., if you've put anything on it.)

kcdee00

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
pretty sure I did a factory reset when I got it but I'll do another and see if that works..I'm attempting a come back from iPhones that I've had since the note 4 lol. So there isn't something that backs up your phone such as iCloud so when you get a new phone/reset the one you have, it automatically downloads and restores everything how you had it when you login??

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's what I thought.....so why is it still booting up as a US cellular phone??
Let me give a example for sim unlocked. Carrier phones .

If it's Att version and you put TMobile sim it will boot up TMO, or Verizon sim it will boot up Verizon . The Sim provision the software

kcdee00

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Let me give a example for sim unlocked. Carrier phones .

If it's Att version and you put TMobile sim it will boot up TMO, or Verizon sim it will boot up Verizon . The Sim provision the software

That's what I thought.. but I'm putting a straight talk att sim that uses att towers and its booting up us cellular

kcdee00

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I should take it to at att store and ask them if it will work on their network and have them put an actual att sim in it....maybe it's because I'm using an mvno sim?

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I should take it to at att store and ask them if it will work on their network and have them put an actual att sim in it....maybe it's because I'm using an mvno sim?

Only way you will get it to show AT&T Boot need a actual AT&T Sim , so if you do AT&T minutes plan with there sim should show AT&T

kcdee00

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
It worked! Went to the ATT store and put a sim in and restarted. Now it boots up ATT but I guess straight talk doesn't offer wifi calling. I could have sworn I had it on my iphone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair