AT&T really wants me to stay with apple... lol ugh!!

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok so my girlfriend and I wanted to trade our 11 pro's back in to at&t and get the Note's, well this has been a horrible experience so far and I'm still not in a Note. Quick back story, I have 4 lines on my account, My girlfriend, mom, dad and me; I pay for all of them. So I went and upgraded my parents lines from iPhone 7's to the new 11 pro's, gave my parents mine and my girlfriends XS's and went on from there with no issues... Well on Sunday my girlfriend and I decided we would pay the 50% needed to upgrade the Pro's and get the Notes. So went into an AT&T authorized retailer and paid the money to get to 50%, well went to do the upgrade and they said the serial number didn't match ( I am upgrading the lines that we upgraded the Pro's on) the rep typed in the correct serial numbers and then told us to come back in 24 hours. Well over 24 hours later, went back to the AT&T store and still not working. We called the help support and after 2 hours on the phone (still standing in the store) they are now trying to refund my money I spent to upgrade and reset the account back. Well in doing that they ended up making my account negative the amount I paid to upgrade ugh! All in all at the end of the conversation they said give it till friday and the account should go back to owing $0 since my bill was up to date, my credit card should be refund the upgrade amount and the upgrade lines should be restored back.... Then they said after all that goes back we can try the upgrade again.... I'm like maybe maybe not now lol.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Also might wait until AFTER the S20 is at least announced. At least new offers/bundles for the Notes will start to pop up.

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I agree, although the Note 10 is a great phone, Samsung s20 lineup is worth waiting for. Huge upgrades, nothing has been announced but I'm excited about the new camera, possibly 120hz screen and better battery life.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone, I have followed and seen some leaks of the S20. So far not a huge fan of the color options, also I really like the S-pen for quick off screen notes. With everything that has happened in the last 36 hours I may just wait till my account is fixed, then hold off till the new note comes out. Maybe by then I'll be safe to upgrade LOL

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok so my girlfriend and I wanted to trade our 11 pro's back in to at&t and get the Note's, well this has been a horrible experience so far and I'm still not in a Note. Quick back story, I have 4 lines on my account, My girlfriend, mom, dad and me; I pay for all of them. So I went and upgraded my parents lines from iPhone 7's to the new 11 pro's, gave my parents mine and my girlfriends XS's and went on from there with no issues... Well on Sunday my girlfriend and I decided we would pay the 50% needed to upgrade the Pro's and get the Notes. So went into an AT&T authorized retailer and paid the money to get to 50%, well went to do the upgrade and they said the serial number didn't match ( I am upgrading the lines that we upgraded the Pro's on) the rep typed in the correct serial numbers and then told us to come back in 24 hours. Well over 24 hours later, went back to the AT&T store and still not working. We called the help support and after 2 hours on the phone (still standing in the store) they are now trying to refund my money I spent to upgrade and reset the account back. Well in doing that they ended up making my account negative the amount I paid to upgrade ugh! All in all at the end of the conversation they said give it till friday and the account should go back to owing $0 since my bill was up to date, my credit card should be refund the upgrade amount and the upgrade lines should be restored back.... Then they said after all that goes back we can try the upgrade again.... I'm like maybe maybe not now lol.

I feel like if you put the iPhones 11 Pro back on your parents' lines, then attempted the upgrade, it would have gone smoother.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone, I have followed and seen some leaks of the S20. So far not a huge fan of the color options, also I really like the S-pen for quick off screen notes. With everything that has happened in the last 36 hours I may just wait till my account is fixed, then hold off till the new note comes out. Maybe by then I'll be safe to upgrade LOL

For me the SPen is more important than the S20 updates. YMMV

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I feel like if you put the iPhones 11 Pro back on your parents' lines, then attempted the upgrade, it would have gone smoother.

In retro spec I agree it may have went smother, but they didn't even have the IMEI #'s on the contract, my parents lines had their old 7's showing.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
For me the SPen is more important than the S20 updates. YMMV

There's not going to be that much of a difference at the end of the Day the Note10 Plus will still be better than the S20 lines S Series can't compete with a Note Series, so basically if someone was to upgrade from the Note10 Plus to a S20 it's not a upgrade it's actually a downgrade, but hey everyone has there preferences.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
There's not going to be that much of a difference at the end of the Day the Note10 Plus will still be better than the S20 lines S Series can't compete with a Note Series, so basically if someone was to upgrade from the Note10 Plus to a S20 it's not a upgrade it's actually a downgrade, but hey everyone has there preferences.

unless you want camera upgrades which is important to me

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
unless you want camera upgrades which is important to me

Yeah not a big things with camera, so yeah camera might be better, but Note10 Plus takes excellent pictures just the way i use it, but if your looking for a Note then go with the Note10 Plus, Or if the camera is important to you i would instead wait for the Note20 if that's what they gonna call it , cause the Note20 definitely will have a better camera then the S20.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If you compare the updates between the S series and the note series there will always be a step up in something, usually the camera. The S20 will have a better camera feature then the note 10, then the note 20 will come out and then it will have a better camera then the S20, then repeat. It's like a dog chasing it's tail.. it never ends.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
So update..... My account got fixed and everything went back to were it was before. I ended up just saying screw it and will give my parents the iphone 11 pro's and traded in my older XS's that way everyone's upgrades are on their lines. So ended up with 2 Note 10 plus's last night (me and my girlfriend). Ended up getting the Note's from best buy since they were on sale :) 26.66 a month making the phone only $700, so when the Note 20 drops it'll be cheaper to upgrade lol

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
So update..... My account got fixed and everything went back to were it was before. I ended up just saying screw it and will give my parents the iphone 11 pro's and traded in my older XS's that way everyone's upgrades are on their lines. So ended up with 2 Note 10 plus's last night (me and my girlfriend). Ended up getting the Note's from best buy since they were on sale :) 26.66 a month making the phone only $700, so when the Note 20 drops it'll be cheaper to upgrade lol

Nice, congrats! What colors did you get?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah not a big things with camera, so yeah camera might be better, but Note10 Plus takes excellent pictures just the way i use it, but if your looking for a Note then go with the Note10 Plus, Or if the camera is important to you i would instead wait for the Note20 if that's what they gonna call it , cause the Note20 definitely will have a better camera then the S20.
The Note 10+ wasnt a big camera upgrade from the S10+. The only improvement I see, unless I'm missing something was the depth camera. The Note10+ also lost a front camera.Screenshot_20200215-101053_Chrome.jpeg

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
The Note 10+ wasnt a big camera upgrade from the S10+. The only improvement I see, unless I'm missing something was the depth camera. The Note10+ also lost a front camera.View attachment 316511

True the note 10+ wasn't a major jump over the S10+ so then when the Note 20 (or whatever they call it) will be a slight jump over the S20 and I'll still have my S-pen