So I was told by a Samsung employee today that he's not sure there will be a note 20 and they are trying to replace the note line with the fold line. He said they were really surprised they released the note 10. Anyone else heard anything like this?
    02-14-2020 09:23 PM
    So I was told by a Samsung employee today that he's not sure there will be a note 20 and they are trying to replace the note line with the fold line. He said they were really surprised they released the note 10. Anyone else heard anything like this?
    They told me when the S8 came out that there would be no note 8 because of the note 7 debacle. A month after I got my s8 they announced the note 8. So basically I'd take what the employees say with a grain of salt until an official statement from Samsung .
    Beansr519, MatroxD, Rukbat and 2 others like this.
    02-14-2020 09:27 PM
    I've heard rumblings of that. Nothing concrete. Before that though, rumors were they were gonna merge the S and Note lines. I hope not though. I don't want a foldable until they're better than they are right now.
    02-14-2020 09:27 PM
    I've been hearing this since the Note7 fiasco as well. Samsung keeps debunking this rumor. The fold and Note are two different devices. If the can release the Z Flip and S20 right next to each other, why can't they do the same with the Note and the Fold?
    msndrstood likes this.
    02-14-2020 11:31 PM
    There will be both, Z brand are going to be the foldables and they would want to have one with s-pen support but Note will be staying for now.
    If they merge the Note into the S-line we will have to wait and see, it was rumoured heavily this year but didn't happen
    02-15-2020 02:47 PM
    Nobody knows. Including Samsung employees. I mean I'm sure there are some employees somewhere that know but probably not the employees we would run into in a Samsung or Best buy store.

I can definitely see the Note and Fold line coming together in some way, but I'd be surprised if it was this year. Like everyone else, I don't know anything either. We can all speculate and have some fun with it though.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    02-15-2020 03:34 PM
    Fold line is not ready to take the place of Note line
    cwbcpa and Rukbat like this.
    02-15-2020 03:39 PM
    If that employee isn't sure then I wouldn't even consider that evidence. Rumors have been around since 2016 that the Note line will end because it's little more than a Galaxy S with a pen. Most people don't use the pen and see it as a pointless released but there is a loyal following and Samsung continues to deliver. They've got the pen integrated in every type of device they sell, I doubt they would eliminate their Note line of phones.
    02-15-2020 08:02 PM
    cannot always believe company employees. most are not in the know for future developments. that info would be valuable to competition so most new product info is kept under wraps, at least until they start allowing leaks
    02-15-2020 08:05 PM
    Been hearing stuff like that forever. Don't believe it. I ADORE my Note, no folding phone is going to replace it. I'd sooner go to(gag) Apple.
    02-23-2020 08:51 AM
    That in itself shows how little they know...
    02-23-2020 09:11 AM