View Poll Results: Do you still use Cloud Storage?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i still use Cloud storage

15 83.33%
  • Nope, Got all the storage i need

3 16.67%
02-21-2020 04:27 AM
36 12
tools
    With so much storage available on my note 10+, I don't really use any off my cloud services any more. Does anyone else still use their cloud services, and how?

I have the 256g model w/a 128g memory card
    i switched from google drive (the app stopped working after the last update) to OneDrive and have less than 900mb of storage for documents...
    02-14-2020 10:04 PM
    I don't have that much storage (mine is a Pixel 3 XL with 64 GB), but even if I did, I would still use Google Drive or some other cloud storage. The main reason would be to keep important data safely backed up somewhere -- there's no guarantee that my phone won't suddenly fail for some reason (or get damaged), and if I only had that important data saved on the phone, that'd be a problem. A secondary reason would be convenience of access across multiple platforms (Chromebook, PC, etc.).
    Laura Knotek and Beansr519 like this.
    02-14-2020 10:22 PM
    I prefer to have backups of backups of backups. Several years ago I lost everything I owned in a fire. All I had left was the clothes I was wearing and my phone. I had music I'd been collecting since I was a kid. Photos of family and friends, some of whom are no longer here, collectibles that weren't worth anything to anyone but me, etc.Those were the things that mattered to me losing. Not the material things. That's all replaceable. If I would've had at least the photos and music backups through various means including cloud services I would still have them. At least digitally.
    cwbcpa, Flamey, Connert and 4 others like this.
    02-14-2020 10:41 PM
    so what cloud services do you use, if you don't mind me asking?
    02-14-2020 10:49 PM
    I keep multiple backups. I have backups locally on an external HDD. Plus I have backups on both Google Drive and OneDrive. I've never lost anything, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
    02-14-2020 10:50 PM
    I use Backblaze for my MBP as my main cloud backup for everything. I also have paid iCloud Drive for my iOS specific stuff. Samsung has pushed me into OneDrive for auto backup of photos, but I preferred Samsung's backup service. I do still do backups to my MBP using Smart Switch. Google Photos is really the only Google cloud service I use regularly. So lots. LOL I also have portable hard drives in a fire safe.
    Beansr519 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-14-2020 10:59 PM
    I use Google Drive exclusively. If I had to consider other cloud storage, I'd probably go for OneDrive and/or Box.
    Beansr519 likes this.
    02-14-2020 11:01 PM
    I use multiple always , my work phone stores suppliers, customers ,book keeping stuff so its important they can get backed up in various places in case something goes wrong.
    Laura Knotek, msm0511 and j_hansen like this.
    02-15-2020 01:13 AM
    I use both Google Drive and One Drive, I'm not very organised about it but I like the security about not losing pictures etc
    02-15-2020 05:40 AM
    Between the free storage of Google, Amazon (if you have it), Samsung (if you use one) and a slew of others, back up important things!
    02-15-2020 07:46 AM
    I use Google Drive as my main backup, and OneDrive as my second backup. Cloud services are a necessity. It's better to be backed up than sorry!
    02-15-2020 07:51 AM
    Mega gives you 50GB of storage for free. Otherwise I use Google Drive and it makes it a lot easier to change phones. I also back up to an external ssd.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-15-2020 07:52 AM
    I use OneDrive for my personal and work files. Google Drive and Google One for my organizations and associations. Dropbox, Google photos and Flickr for photos and the Dropbox also holds my phone backups.
    02-15-2020 11:02 AM
    I have a 512gb Note plus a 256 gb SD card and I still absolutely use cloud storage. Let me me clear, I don't even come close to using that 768gb of storage on my phone.

I do use Google drive and OneDrive extensively. I've shifted to OneDrive for almost everything, but still have an organization that I use Google drive for. I also back up photos to both Google photos and OneDrive. I'm working on organizing all of my photos on an external hard drive like I used to years ago, but I'd still keep cloud backups.
    02-15-2020 11:26 AM
    Drive, Mega and Dropbox (some things duplicated on all 3, some not).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-15-2020 03:05 PM
    I use OneDrive and Google Drive (for email and photos). I back up my photos and what not to both. I also use a macbook and iPhone, so I do have some icloud storage as well. For my macbook, I use idrive because it was a cheap replacement for crashplan when they left the consumer market. I'll be getting rid of that though since it's not necessary anymore.

I would absolutely never recommend sticking with physical hardware for your data and not have a backup plan. If your phone is lost, stolen, corrupt, bricked and you don't have your data stored somewhere else, you're hosed. At this point, they are all pretty much the same, just cost difference. With the OneDrive base plan, you get a terabyte of storage for pretty cheap, Microsoft has made a ton of improvements lately, one of my favorites is versioning. You could restore your entire OneDrive to a previous date or restore at the file level.
    02-15-2020 07:24 PM
    For me personally, the ease of use and access (from any internet connection), is why I have\use cloud storage...
    02-15-2020 09:03 PM
    I use Google Drive and Google Photos for everything. I don't rely on phone storage or micro sd cards. I pay 9.99 a month for 2TB which suits my needs. Even use it accross my other devices.
    02-15-2020 09:41 PM
    I use the cloud regularly for sharing files with people and between my phone/PC.

I do not use it for back ups, I prefer to back my files up at home.
    02-15-2020 10:06 PM
    I have a 512gb Note plus a 256 gb SD card and I still absolutely use cloud storage. Let me me clear, I don't even come close to using that 768gb of storage on my phone.

I do use Google drive and OneDrive extensively. I've shifted to OneDrive for almost everything, but still have an organization that I use Google drive for. I also back up photos to both Google photos and OneDrive. I'm working on organizing all of my photos on an external hard drive like I used to years ago, but I'd still keep cloud backups.
    Can you organize your photos on Google One drive or is that just fine through Google Photos? I am specifically talking about pics backed up from your phone.
    02-15-2020 10:56 PM
    I use OneDrive (via official app) to backup full-res pics and important files.

I use Google drive to backup all pics (including shared nonsense) in "high" res as well as device data.

I use Samsung Cloud to backup device data, but no pics.
    Beansr519 likes this.
    02-16-2020 06:37 AM
    Can you organize your photos on Google One drive or is that just fine through Google Photos? I am specifically talking about pics backed up from your phone.
    I suppose you could if you moved your photos to Google Drive. Mine back up to Google Photos. I don't believe you can directly backup to Google drive. Google separated the two services last year to make it simple for users. Wasn't an issue for me so I didn't pay attention to the details.

I create albums in Google photos though. Some are shared and some are just mine. Google does an amazing job with search so when I want to find a group of photos it's pretty easy.

I'm still going to work on getting them all on an external hard drive though and organized into folders. It's more of a peace of mind thing.
    Lepa79 likes this.
    02-16-2020 06:50 AM
    Do those of you that use OneDrive, do you actually like it or is it because Samsung switched to OneDrive for photo backups? For me it's because of Samsung's switch. I actually don't like it very much. Mainly because I find the app to be really ugly and dated.
    02-16-2020 08:54 AM
    Do those of you that use OneDrive, do you actually like it or is it because Samsung switched to OneDrive for photo backups? For me it's because of Samsung's switch. I actually don't like it very much. Mainly because I find the app to be really ugly and dated.
    I use it because I get 1TB of storage with my Office 365 subscription. The app isn't anything special, I admit, but on Android the background uploads work very reliably and it picks up new folders very quickly (can't say the same for OneDrive on iOS--anymore). I haven't set up the uploads through the Samsung Gallery app, since there's no need to fix what isn't broken.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-16-2020 10:22 AM
    With so much storage available on my note 10+, I don't really use any off my cloud services any more. Does anyone else still use their cloud services, and how?

I have the 256g model w/a 128g memory card
    i switched from google drive (the app stopped working after the last update) to OneDrive and have less than 900mb of storage for documents...
    I subscribed to MS 365 because of children and office products. Got 1TB per account. Can't beat it. Again, BAKCUP BACKUP BACKUP. I also have NAS cloud at home as well.
    02-17-2020 05:06 PM
36 12