Hello, folks.

Given the form factor and price of the new 20 Ultra, vs my wants/needs... I'm going to pass on that and am now considering a used Note 10+ from Swappa.

One of my biggest desires is a better video/movie viewing experience.

When I watch on my phone I hold it landscape mode, as most probably do, and my focus tends to be in the middle'ish area of the screen... so I don't really notice the edges, and often don't pinch to expand the screen.

This makes the S20 Ultra ZERO percent better since it's no wider, (taller in landscape mode), than my Note 9. Whippee doo for 6.9" vs my current 6.4".

The Note 10+ however, with the display being wider, (taller in landscape mode), looks like it might offer a better viewing experience.

Anyone who owns both, watches a lot of videos/movies, have an opinion on that?

Is it noticeably better... $600'ish better?

Thanks for your insight.

Take care,
    Lou
    02-16-2020 10:53 AM
    I only had the Note 9 for about 5 weeks before I upgraded to the 10 plus but I have liked the 10 better from day 1 (I did have the Note 8 before the 9)
    You won't notice the front camera hole much imo.
    If the 10 is worth 600 over the 9... Yes... No and not really but I got gready and just wanted the 10
    You could save the money and wait for the next Note instead
    02-16-2020 02:25 PM
    I only had the Note 9 for about 5 weeks before I upgraded to the 10 plus but I have liked the 10 better from day 1 (I did have the Note 8 before the 9)
    You won't notice the front camera hole much imo.
    If the 10 is worth 600 over the 9... Yes... No and not really but I got gready and just wanted the 10
    You could save the money and wait for the next Note instead
    Thank you, but given what prices are doing, I've decided to change my buying habits.

If you're morbidly curious, here is a thread that I started in the S20 forums.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ml#post6737970

I don't think that I'm going to buy the latest and greatest anymore because phones have gotten so good nowadays to begin with, and the prices so ridiculously high, that the incremental changes are no longer worth the price TO ME.

I'll buy last years latest and greatest used on swappa from now on unless something HUGELY different, innovative, and compelling comes along.

I guess best thing is to buy a new Note 10+, test drive it for a few days, return within the 14 day return window, pay the restock fee, and if I liked it enough, buy a used one off swappa for much less money.

Though I'm still interested in hearing opinions on video viewing 10+ vs 9.

Thanks.

Take care,
    Lou
    tube517 likes this.
    02-16-2020 02:46 PM
    Thank you, but given what prices are doing, I've decided to change my buying habits.

I don't think that I'm going to buy the latest and greatest anymore because phones have gotten so good nowadays to begin with, and the prices so ridiculously high, that the incremental changes are no longer worth the price TO ME.

I'll buy last years latest and greatest used on swappa from now on unless something HUGELY different, innovative, and compelling comes along.

I guess best thing is to buy a new Note 10+, test drive it for a few days, return within the 14 day return window, pay the restock fee, and if I liked it enough, buy a used one off swappa for much less money.

Thanks.

Take care,
    Lou
    I was looking at a Note 10+ yesterday on Swappa for $590 but without the S-pen. I was really tempted to pull the trigger. The seller lived about 45 miles north of me. Never bought anything from them before and wasn't sure of it. I sent him a message of why he was selling it and he responded back saying he needed the cash. I checked back later after I thought about it and it was sold. So is Swappa a reliable place to buy used phones?
    02-17-2020 07:20 AM
    I was looking at a Note 10+ yesterday on Swappa for $590 but without the S-pen. I was really tempted to pull the trigger. The seller lived about 45 miles north of me. Never bought anything from them before and wasn't sure of it. I sent him a message of why he was selling it and he responded back saying he needed the cash. I checked back later after I thought about it and it was sold. So is Swappa a reliable place to buy used phones?
    Honestly, I've never done it before, but I've done a lot of research on reviews, etc... seems ok to me... enough so that I'm willing to risk it.

Many folks on these Android Central forums seem to have done so successfully with no complaints.
    racedog likes this.
    02-17-2020 08:19 AM

Thanks.

Take care,
    Lou
    That's a good idea..i have the Note 10 plus, but I am considering getting a Note 9 because I kinda miss it. Just to have..i don't need it, and you can get a Mint one for about less than $400.
    02-17-2020 11:27 AM
    I'm currently using both the Note 9 and Note 10 Plus DAILY. I've had them for 15 and 3 months respectively. I don't have any preference when watching movies or videos.
    j_hansen likes this.
    02-17-2020 01:21 PM
    I'm currently using both the Note 9 and Note 10 Plus DAILY. I've had them for 15 and 3 months respectively. I don't have any preference when watching movies or videos.
    Thank you. I take from that since I'm perfectly happy with my Note 9... just hoping for a bigger enough display to enjoy watching more... that it's probably not worth $600'ish to get a Note 10+ from swappa?

My wife will love you, lol.
    02-17-2020 02:06 PM
    Swappa is awesome. I sell on there all the time.
    02-18-2020 12:11 AM

Thanks.

Take care,
    Lou
    I too like this idea but knowing only one more major upgrade due after purchasing a year later is something am not able to digest. So, I decided to buy latest and greatest whenever I upgrade. With perksatwork savings, Rakuten, trading-in my note 8 and Samsung promotions I got note 10+ at an effective price of $550. I skipped 5G as I expected better internals as technology matures and also no 5G in my area yet. Pretty happy with 10+ at the moment.
    j_hansen likes this.
    02-18-2020 09:50 AM