Hey all, so I've been having issues with the speakers in my Note 10 Plus 5G.

I called Verizon and they are sending me another device.

The guy I spoke with said that because the device is so new, they may just pull a new one off the shelf and send that instead of a Refurb or recertified device.

Is there a way to tell which one you get?

Thanks for the help!
    02-17-2020 01:03 PM
    If you're picking it up, tell them not to unbox until you're there. Observe if it is factory packaged or re shrinkwrapped.
    BassSoLow likes this.
    02-17-2020 01:13 PM
    It's being shipped to me. I should have it tomorrow.

So I'm guessing if it's in shrink-wrap it's Refurb, if it's in a Samsung box it's not.
    02-17-2020 01:22 PM
    It's being shipped to me. I should have it tomorrow.

So I'm guessing if it's in shrink-wrap it's Refurb, if it's in a Samsung box it's not.
    A refurb from Verizon will usually be marked as refurbished with a label on the back of the unit and mostly likely in a white box.
    BassSoLow likes this.
    02-17-2020 01:23 PM
    This is what just arrived. Phone. No box. Just tucked under a plastic sheet. No Samsung attacked screen protector either. There is also no S Pen in the phone. I guess I'm supposed to use my old one. Phone looks like it's in nice shape, but a bit disappointing.
    Attached Thumbnails Did Verizon send me a Refurb or a New Phone?-20200218_112802.jpg  
    02-18-2020 10:31 AM
    This is what just arrived. Phone. No box. Just tucked under a plastic sheet. No Samsung attacked screen protector either. There is also no S Pen in the phone. I guess I'm supposed to use my old one. Phone looks like it's in nice shape, but a bit disappointing.
    Disappointing, but it's common practice for all carriers and OEM's to use refurbs for replacements when possible.
    BassSoLow and Nostromo79 like this.
    02-18-2020 10:41 AM
    Were you still in the return window when the new one broke?
    02-18-2020 10:50 AM
    Were you still in the return window when the new one broke?
    Unfortunately I was outside the time.
    02-18-2020 11:10 AM
    That stinks. How are the new speakers?
    02-18-2020 11:13 AM
    It's really too bad. We all pay so much for the devices and some of us for the insurance... And we get a refurb/used phone. So sad.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    02-18-2020 11:15 AM
    Speakers seem to be okay.
    02-18-2020 11:15 AM
    It's really too bad. We all pay so much for the devices and some of us for the insurance... And we get a refurb/used phone. So sad.
    It is, especially when you consider it refurbish roulette. I've had numerous instances where a refurb had to go back because it had problems out of the box, so make sure you check it thoroughly.

Also, another way to tell if they sent you a refurb is how you found it: only the phone and nothing else. If you are sent the charger, s-pen, and other accessories that come with a new phone, then it is indeed a new one.
    BassSoLow likes this.
    02-18-2020 11:19 AM
    Yup, if it's new it comes boxed up just like the new one you got
    02-19-2020 04:33 AM
    Disappointing, but it's common practice for all carriers and OEM's to use refurbs for replacements when possible.
    This is why I use Asurion. They send new units, factory sealed, in the box. I had to replace my note 10+ about 2 months ago because I broke my screen and they sent me a new one next day air.
    02-19-2020 10:24 AM
    This is why I use Asurion. They send new units, factory sealed, in the box. I had to replace my note 10+ about 2 months ago because I broke my screen and they sent me a new one next day air.
    Asurion does send refurbished phones out as replacements. Your note 10+ was be enough that they didn't have refurbished units available, but they do send refurbished.
    Ry and sweetypie31 like this.
    02-19-2020 10:37 AM
    They usually only send out new units when refurbs are out of stock or the phones are too new to have refurbs a available. They will also usually send you a new one if the 2 or 3 refurbs they send you are not in good order. One time I got real lucky and they upgraded me to a newer brand new in the box model after I sent back two refurbs.
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    02-19-2020 10:43 AM
    They usually only send out new units when refurbs are out of stock or the phones are too new to have refurbs a available. They will also usually send you a new one if the 2 or 3 refurbs they send you are not in good order. One time I got real lucky and they upgraded me to a newer brand new in the box model after I sent back two refurbs.
    They let me change colors before too. Very easy to deal with.
    02-19-2020 10:56 AM
    Definitely easier to deal with then Samsung for sure. Lol
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    02-19-2020 11:12 AM
    Yeah....I never had a real problem except making an exchange a couple of times to finally get it right.
    02-19-2020 12:54 PM
    Yep. That happened to me with my blackberry bold. They had sent 2 refurbished ones with different issues than my first phone. After number two they sent me the newer model ( I forget the name , but it was the one with a physical pull down keyboard and touchscreen ).
    02-19-2020 07:51 PM