Find My Mobile question

Tim98TA

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
When I got up this morning, I had 2 Find My Mobile notifications, in the drop down bar.
Does anyone know why they would pop up? Can someone be remotely trying to track my phone or access it?
And yes, I do have that app enabled, just in case it gets lost.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Looks like I'm not alone with Find My Mobile notification

So late last night I got a notification from Find My Mobile, and thought it was a weird one, but assumed it was some sort of glitch. It did make me a bit paranoid at first b/c the night before I got a notification from Google that someone was trying to sign in to my account in Korea.
https://www.androidcentral.com/sams...ile-push-notification-galaxy-phones-worldwide

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: Looks like I'm not alone with Find My Mobile notification

Yeah it happened to me last night , but by the time I try to see it was gone , look like 1 in the notification .

piinkRainbowz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Ha!

That’s what that was?

I thought “hey, I guess homeland security finally decided to check up on me”.

And just cleared the notif.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Yeah it happened to me last night , but by the time I try to see it was gone , look like 1 in the notification .

Yeah, mine was just a 1 with a few spaces and another one. Tapping on it did nothing.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

They were just checking that they could still hear us all :)

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

Happened to me, can't recall if it was on my Note 8 or Note 9.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, I'm more concerned with the Google notification saying somebody tried to sign into my account from Korea. It was a neat notification though. I could deny access straight from the notification, and it had a timer that showed how long it had been since the attempted sign in occurred.

I'm not gonna lie though, getting both those notifications within 24 hours of each other had me shook. LOL

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Yeah, I'm more concerned with the Google notification saying somebody tried to sign into my account from Korea. It was a neat notification though. I could deny access straight from the notification, and it had a timer that showed how long it had been since the attempted sign in occurred.

I'm not gonna lie though, getting both those notifications within 24 hours of each other had me shook. LOL
I would think Samsung find my device gave that based on Samsung from Korea and they sent that test out by accident. It will warn u the location when something like that happens.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Both me and the wife's phones got it last night too. I assumed it was an automatic Galaxy Store update for Find My Mobile, but it did freak me out a little at first.

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for posting I saw that this morning and thought someone hacked my phone but when I clicked on it it disappeared

OrangeBerry02

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I have been ordered by a Trusted Member to ask my question here although it is non-related!

"Find my mobile" does not seem to be working on my S10 when I search on my laptop - I'm told that there are no registered devices. It did work in the past and this option is set to ON. I am logged into the same Samsung account on phone and laptop ... I only have one account anyway. I wonder if anyone could advise what I may have done wrong.

Many thanks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have been ordered by a Trusted Member to ask my question here although it is non-related!

"Find my mobile" does not seem to be working on my S10 when I search on my laptop - I'm told that there are no registered devices. It did work in the past and this option is set to ON. I am logged into the same Samsung account on phone and laptop ... I only have one account anyway. I wonder if anyone could advise what I may have done wrong.

Many thanks.
Hi, sorry about that , I will reopen yours .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs