Mail App goes to sleep

spikehansley

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I recognize that I have no immediately alert , when new mails are arriving. I have to unlock the phone and then the mails are arriving. I checked, that spark mail (the mailer I use) are not set to sleep for energy saving. This is very frustrating. Did anyone perhaps has a solution for this ?

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Hello, I recognize that I have no immediately alert , when new mails are arriving. I have to unlock the phone and then the mails are arriving. I checked, that spark mail (the mailer I use) are not set to sleep for energy saving. This is very frustrating. Did anyone perhaps has a solution for this ?

What setting have you checked so far? Notifications set correct? App permission to wake phone? Sync allowed?

spikehansley

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I checked that the spark app is not in the list that can put to sleep and I checked the notification settings. All is on. Two or three weeks ago I get notification for every incoming mail. That's what I need. I did not change any settings...

And the phone is set to high power.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I checked that the spark app is not in the list that can put to sleep and I checked the notification settings. All is on. Two or three weeks ago I get notification for every incoming mail. That's what I need. I did not change any settings...

Maybe uninstall the updates for the Spark app to see if something changed with a recent update?

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
What setting have you checked so far? Notifications set correct? App permission to wake phone? Sync allowed?

you might have misunderstood, the settings that was referred to was not in the spark app but in the phone settings.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Sometimes a update can change the permission for that app, long press it see if optimized to use battery and if it is take it out

spikehansley

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
So this only on lock screen no notification? Once you open the phone it's ok ?

Exactly.

And when I use the phone and push the standby button and lay the phone on the table, the next minutes mails arriving there is a notification sound and icon on the lock screen on the always on display. But after a while, I have to test the time window, there are no notification. When I unlock the phone the mails are pushing in....

I am testing the time window now and give feedback. But for me it looks like a energy saving problem.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Exactly.

And when I use the phone and push the standby button and lay the phone on the table, the next minutes mails arriving there is a notification sound and icon on the lock screen on the always on display. But after a while, I have to test the time window, there are no notification. When I unlock the phone the mails are pushing in....

I am testing the time window now and give feedback. But for me it looks like a energy saving problem.
Possible could be, double check device care is not set optimized when device asleep and wifi maybe on power save mode check setting in wifi

spikehansley

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Possible could be, double check device care is not set optimized when device asleep and wifi maybe on power save mode check setting in wifi
Thank you, I just turned off now the device optimizing completely. In the Wi-Fi settings I can't find a sleep option.

And my test results are, that the device is getting notifications for roundabout 10 minutes and then no more mail notification coming in. But it's only Spark Mail App. The Tapatalk notifications for this threat are coming in...

I think now it can only be a problem with spark app itself. I hope the next update solve this issue.

Thank to all for your help.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you, I just turned off now the device optimizing completely. In the Wi-Fi settings I can't find a sleep option.

And my test results are, that the device is getting notifications for roundabout 10 minutes and then no more mail notification coming in. But it's only Spark Mail App. The Tapatalk notifications for this threat are coming in...

I think now it can only be a problem with spark app itself. I hope the next update solve this issue.

Thank to all for your help.
Your welcome, see if next update will fix the email like you mentioned.