Hello everybody,

I would like some support with an issue I'm having with my new phone and old wireless charger.
    For the setup
    - phone: Note10
    - charger: Samsung EP-N5100 (with its included power brick and cable)
    - earphones: AKG earphones (USB-C)

I have the following issue
    - with phone on charger, all is OK - "Fast wireless charging" (e.g. 1 h 45 m until full);
    - but when the earphones are connected to the phone (music playing or not, screen on or off), the phone is just "Wireless charging" (e.g. 2 h 25 m until full).

I've tried the following,
    - start the phone in Safe Mode,
    - use another fast charger+brick+cable (same model),
    - Factory reset the phone,
    - update from Android 9 to Android 10 (and update to latest patch),
    but nothing solved the problem, still does not fast wireless charge with earphones connected.

Does anyone else seen this behavior?
    Could it be a mismatch between the Note10 and the wireless charger for the S9/Note8?

Thanks in advance!,
    Andrei
    02-27-2020 05:05 AM
    Wireless charging for Note 8/S9 is only up to 10W as far as I know but for the Note 10 plus it is 15W
    02-27-2020 08:30 AM
    Wireless charging for Note 8/S9 is only up to 10W as far as I know but for the Note 10 plus it is 15W
    Side note: Note10 supports 12W fast wireless charging (Note10+ is 15W), while the EP-N5100 charger is 9W fast charging.
    But this is not the point here; the problem is that without the USB-C earphones connected the phone is charging at 9W (maximum what the wireless charger can deliver) - which is perfect and as expected, but with the earphones connected it drops to 5W wireless charging.
    02-27-2020 09:19 AM
    This is just an assumption, but maybe Samsung disables fast wireless charging when anything is plugged into the C port for better heat management.
    02-27-2020 10:28 AM
    This is just an assumption, but maybe Samsung disables fast wireless charging when anything is plugged into the C port for better heat management.
    I do remember a discussion on the Note 8 forums about charging dropping from fast to regular if screen was on so I'm guessing that headphones could cause the same.
    02-27-2020 11:41 AM
    If you are not using the headphones why not just unplug them?
    02-27-2020 01:01 PM
    I've been wondering why he was charging the phone and using wired headphones at the same time 🙂
    02-27-2020 08:29 PM
    If you are not using the headphones why not just unplug them?
    Hi Mike,
    Why would I plug the headphones without wanting to use them?
    I added the remark of "music playing or not, screen on or off" just to make it clear that the behavior is happening in multiple conditions.
    But I AM trying to listen to some music while the phone is fast wirelessly charging, and I am hoping that Samsung didn't remove this "feature" intentionally, that would be really stupid..

Does everyone use only Bluetooth headphones, can someone with a Note10 try the wireless charging with the included wired ones?
    Thanks!
    02-28-2020 02:55 AM
    Hi Mike,
    Why would I plug the headphones without wanting to use them?
    I added the remark of "music playing or not, screen on or off" just to make it clear that the behavior is happening in multiple conditions.
    But I AM trying to listen to some music while the phone is fast wirelessly charging, and I am hoping that Samsung didn't remove this "feature" intentionally, that would be really stupid..

Does everyone use only Bluetooth headphones, can someone with a Note10 try the wireless charging with the included wired ones?
    Thanks!
    The design isn't stupid and it's deliberately set up that way. Fast charging will not work while actively using the device or if apps running in the background are a heavy load. Listening to music or using navigation are examples of heavy drain. That is to prevent the device and battery from overheating which is the result of charging and using a device at the same time.

Why it doesnt work while the headphones are not in use I'm not sure but I imagine it's just the design of the device that disables fast charging while plugged in. I'll try it when I get a chance.
    02-28-2020 04:21 AM