Can I Disable "Tap here to view Multi Window and other options"?

Trodecke

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
My Note 10 Plus just got the OneUI 2.1 update yesterday. I haven't played with it enough to determine all the differences but there is one difference that is very bothersome and I'd like to disable it. When I'm closing out of an App and I touch the "Recents" key, I see a banner that says "Tap here to view Multi Window and other options". No matter where I tap nothing happens except that banner goes away. The end result is that I have to swipe twice to close an app, once to make the banner go away and a second time to actually close the app. Does anyone know how to make that banner stop popping up? Thanks!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
re: Can I Disable "Tap here to view Multi Window and other options"?

That banner should go away once you do it few times . I remember someone else had the issue few days ago don't think it went away for them .

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

My Note 10 Plus just got the OneUI 2.1 update yesterday. I haven't played with it enough to determine all the differences but there is one difference that is very bothersome and I'd like to disable it. When I'm closing out of an App and I touch the "Recents" key, I see a banner that says "Tap here to view Multi Window and other options". No matter where I tap nothing happens except that banner goes away. The end result is that I have to swipe twice to close an app, once to make the banner go away and a second time to actually close the app. Does anyone know how to make that banner stop popping up? Thanks!
Don't tap on the banner, tap on the minimized app icon top center. It's confusing, but that's what it's trying to tell you. I had the same problem as you and was getting annoyed, but after doing it, the instruction banner stopped. They just want to make sure you try it correctly . Lol
Screenshot_20200414-163811_One%20UI%20Home.jpeg

Trodecke

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Thanks everyone. You're correct, once I tapped the right place a couple of times, the banner went away. Thanks!

Michelle Line

May 9, 2014
Visit site

THANK YOU FOR THIS INFO! That pop-up has been driving me insane. Having to tap twice to pull up a recent app. If anyone else is annoyed by that pop-up, follow the instructions above. It works.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

THANK YOU FOR THIS INFO! That pop-up has been driving me insane. Having to tap twice to pull up a recent app. If anyone else is annoyed by that pop-up, follow the instructions above. It works.
Once you tap it the correct way, it should go away. It's set up as a tip to show you how to use it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance