'Not connected to the internet

Papa02259

Apr 25, 2020
Visit site
I'm not very knowledgeable with communications, but would the speed of my wifi be a problem? My 2.4 ghz shows a speed of 144 mps. My 5 ghz shows a speed of 866 mps.

Papa02259

Apr 25, 2020
Visit site
I realize that. When i try this procedure I'm on the 2.4 ghz. But when the honeywell app tries to connect it tries connecting to the Lyric line.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I realize that. When i try this procedure I'm on the 2.4 ghz. But when the honeywell app tries to connect it tries connecting to the Lyric line.

when you setup the honeywell, did you put your home network in the app settings? once it is setup, for the thermostat to access the internet, the phone must be back on the home network and the thermostat must be connected to it.

Papa02259

Apr 25, 2020
Visit site
One of the try this is to move close to the router if you have a slow signal. I'm getting a speed of 65 mps. My router is 5 ft away from the thermostat. I think i have an at&t problem. Would you agree with me the speed (s) are to low?

Papa02259

Apr 25, 2020
Visit site
That is correct. I'm on the 2.4 ghz 'line' then when i attempt to bring the thermostat online, they want me to take the Lyric 'line' and have it connect to my wifi

Josh Grevous

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I had this very same issue back in January last year using my Note 8 . I eventually got the thermostat to connect using a tablet I had gotten from AT&T.

Fast forward to this year, I bought a new modem and had the same connection issue with my Note 10+. Tried using my laptop as well, to no avail. I blew the dust off my Blackberry Motion and that's when the thermostat decided to connect.

I have absolutely no idea why my Honeywell thermostat was so particular where connecting was concerned, but I'll suggest you try various devices and see if you'll fare better.

Papa02259

Apr 25, 2020
Visit site
I hear you. My wife's apple has no problem connecting to it. But then everytime i want to change the temp i have to use my wife's apple phone. I previously had the thermostat connected to my phone. But that was my first note 10. But that one got lost. I don't mean to be mean, but I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue. So can you now access the thermostat from your note 10?

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I hear you. My wife's apple has no problem connecting to it. But then everytime i want to change the temp i have to use my wife's apple phone. I previously had the thermostat connected to my phone. But that was my first note 10. But that one got lost. I don't mean to be mean, but I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue. So can you now access the thermostat from your note 10?

I somehow missed the part about your wife connecting to it - guess that is what happens when entering a conversation late. if it works on hers, all you should need to do was to install the app then log in. are you using the Honeywell Home App? Honeywell apps can be confusing - at least it was to me. there was several and I picked the wrong one the first time but this was years ago.

I can also login in my browser. are you able to use your phones browser to login?

Josh Grevous

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

Wait... I hope I didn't misunderstand your OP. For me, it was the initial setting up of the Wi-Fi connection that I had issues with. Once I got a device to connect the thermostat to my Wi-Fi, the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort app worked seamlessly across all my devices including my Note 8 then and Note 10+ at present.

Honeywell has a few different apps in the Play store, so make sure you have the right one installed.

Papa02259

Apr 25, 2020
Visit site
good news, i think. i popped the front part of the thermostat off. waited for 10 minutes, popped it back on, and it came online the first time i attempted putting it online. i guess popping the front panel off, reset the thermostat itself. Go Figure! THANK FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
good news, i think. i popped the front part of the thermostat off. waited for 10 minutes, popped it back on, and it came online the first time i attempted putting it online. i guess popping the front panel off, reset the thermostat itself. Go Figure! THANK FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

now that is one fix I don't anyone would have guess. glad its working now.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

That sounds like The Fonz method. Bang it and say "Ayyyyy!":p

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad you got it sorted. Thanks for sharing your solution, since that will be helpful to others who experience the same problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo