Samsung S-View Case

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Jewels81,

What do you think about this case now that you have the phone?

Thanks

Hi. Honestly I love it. I like the new design. Haven't had a s-view flip case since the note 5. It matches my phone perfectly. It keeps the light feel of the phone so there is no extra weight. I actually use it on my phone about 95% of the time. My only complaint is, I wish when it shows the notification icon that it could tell you what the notification says without having to open the cover. Even if it is only part of the notification. Other than that I love it.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi. Honestly I love it. I like the new design. Haven't had a s-view flip case since the note 5. It matches my phone perfectly. It keeps the light feel of the phone so there is no extra weight. I actually use it on my phone about 95% of the time. My only complaint is, I wish when it shows the notification icon that it could tell you what the notification says without having to open the cover. Even if it is only part of the notification. Other than that I love it.

Yeah that's kind of dumb how you can't read notifications. I wonder if a software update could add the feature?

digital0verdose

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
But there is an AOD option (Ex: post #18 , bottom pic & post #27 , top pic)

Possibly not a enough info for you though?

I am looking for two things.

1. Time to always be on display
  2. Notifications to wake the display. Right now it just stays dark and I have to open the case to see what caused it to vibrate which makes the case slightly inconvenient.

Hopefully I am just missing something but so far I have not found anything specific to the case which solves the above.

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I am looking for two things.

1. Time to always be on display
  2. Notifications to wake the display. Right now it just stays dark and I have to open the case to see what caused it to vibrate which makes the case slightly inconvenient.

Hopefully I am just missing something but so far I have not found anything specific to the case which solves the above.

1 Not only time, but day and date are always displayed if you have always on selected in options.

2 My notifications show immediately, but if i miss them I just position the phone into portrait and there they are again.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks

digital0verdose

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
1 Not only time, but day and date are always displayed if you have always on selected in options.

2 My notifications show immediately, but if i miss them I just position the phone into portrait and there they are again.

How did you get both of those to work. When my case is closed AOD options don't do anything for the side view. Same for notifications. The only app that is currently waking the side view is Messages.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Today was supposed to be my ship date but it got pushed back to the 10th. At least I have my N10+ to keep my mind off of it :)

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
How did you get both of those to work. When my case is closed AOD options don't do anything for the side view. Same for notifications. The only app that is currently waking the side view is Messages.

Well, I was able to fix #1 and have the time/date always show. Under Lock Screen > Always On Display > Don't show when cover closed.

But I too am curious about #2 . When I get a new notification, I hear the notification but nothing changes with the AOD. No new icons show to let me know what type of notification it is.

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Well, I was able to fix #1 and have the time/date always show. Under Lock Screen > Always On Display > Don't show when cover closed.

But I too am curious about #2 . When I get a new notification, I hear the notification but nothing changes with the AOD. No new icons show to let me know what type of notification it is.

You must also have "Notifications" on (in Lock screen options).

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
You must also have "Notifications" on (in Lock screen options).

Thanks for the help. Is that under Lock Screen > Notifications (set to on)? I do have that turned on. So, I now get the AOD all the time showing the time/date. But when any notification comes in, I get a sound but no icon or change to the AOD. If I lift my phone up, the AOD changes and I see the new icons.

digital0verdose

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

But I too am curious about [URL=https://forums.androidcentral.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 [/URL] . When I get a new notification, I hear the notification but nothing changes with the AOD. No new icons show to let me know what type of notification it is.

Thanks for the explanation! Got that to work. Looks like #2 is still outstanding.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc