Best Clear Cases for Galaxy Note 10 Plus (that doesnt yellow)

RobSteal

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
I like Ringke Fusion Clear on my S10+. The edges are turning slightly yellow about 4 months on. The back panel remains perfectly clear. I see they’re also selling a version of the clear that has smoke grey edges. That won’t turn yellow. I intend to pick one up for my Aura Glow Note 10 Plus.

Does Samsung Pay work with your phone with the Ringke Fusion Case?

I only use Ringke cases (b/c of the loop on the side), but I've ALWAYS had problems using Samsung Pay with Ringke Fusion cases. I think it's b/c of the HARD plastic back (which only the Fusion has).

I have ZERO problems with their Onyx and Air lines. Only Fusion gives me problems. And that's with the Note 9, Note 8, and Note 7 (first phone I started to use Ringke cases).

RobSteal

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
I just received the Ringke Air clear... It will be for pick up day... One on my S10+ is Fusion which is more rigid..
0f7876956f7040e9edf065ece1e4a659.jpg
f6ad08488df75613797201585cc8bbf8.jpg

Have you tried using Samsung Pay with your Fusion case? I've ALWAYS had problems with Ringke's Fusion, but ZERO problems with their Onyx and Air lines.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I only use Ringke cases (b/c of the loop on the side), but I've ALWAYS had problems using Samsung Pay with Ringke Fusion cases. I think it's b/c of the HARD plastic back (which only the Fusion has).

I have ZERO problems with their Onyx and Air lines. Only Fusion gives me problems. And that's with the Note 9, Note 8, and Note 7 (first phone I started to use Ringke cases).
I don't doubt you but it seems strange that the fusion would cause an issue

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I have the ringke fusion clear for my n9 and Ive had no issues using Samsung pay with it on.

dario12v

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
My Note 9 has been in a clear Tech21 case for the past year, it looks good on the phone but when off has a bit of a dingy look - surprisingly though, not yellow like I usually see. It has protected my phone from numerous drops (nothing crazy) so I'm thinking about giving it another go with my Note 10. (Although, as time passes I am regretting Aura Glow and maybe I'll seek a solid case to hide it! :-\)

Umnnn yeah that glow is a little over the top for my taste , i went with the aura blue from samsung.com
You still do have time to cancel and re-order , go and see the phones in person , then make a decision

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hmm see I don't usually put a screen protector on so I was hoping to avoid that, so with this case I'd probably still need one? I cracked a screen with a otterbox commuter twice than put a defender on (luckily Verizon's screen repair is only $29)

Yes, with this case you would still need a screen protector. Sprint's screen repair is the same price now. I always have one on just in case. Last time my glass screen protector broke I was out of town. So glad I had it on. I've never had a broken screen before.

RobSteal

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
I have the ringke fusion clear for my n9 and Ive had no issues using Samsung pay with it on.

I actually tested this specifically on my Note 9 AND my Note 8 (back when I had it). Samsung Pay will still work with the Fusion case, it's just that it takes SEVERAL MORE swipes/passes for the payment to register. With the Onyx or Air case, it usually swipes successfully on the first time (with occasional hiccup here and there).

It's a night and day difference. And it CAN'T be a coincidence since it happens on BOTH phones.

Anotherusr

Sep 29, 2017
Visit site
Yes, with this case you would still need a screen protector. Sprint's screen repair is the same price now. I always have one on just in case. Last time my glass screen protector broke I was out of town. So glad I had it on. I've never had a broken screen before.

Dang, thanks for the reply. Guess I'll be in search of a screen protector that will work with the in screen fps and not break the bank.

reintgenrc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I have had a Note 9 since launch and my Otterbox Symmetry clear yellowed after a few months. I replaced it with an ESR Mimic case which has a tempered glass back that should not yellow as it's not TPU. So far it (including the non-glass sides) looks perfect with zero signs of yellowing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon