Looking at a sturdier Car mount.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Several months ago I purchased and I Otti vent mount for my. It's a tad on the flimsy side and the little arms are tiny Plus a smooth case may slide when being held so I have these rubber bands rig on it to keep that from happening.

I'm going to look into getting something sturdier to use possibly a dash mount. I do have a windshield mount that's very sturdy I might use that for a little while. I like the position of where the air vent is though it's very easy to reach and it's not in the way of my viewing.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I converted to magnetic holders for all of my cars I don't use wireless charging which doesn't work with metal plates.

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I got this a few months ago for my s8+ , used it heavy last week on vacation with Waze running almost the entire time and some other hits with no drop off at all. I need to upgrade to the c3.0 to get the max out of it but very happy so far , very sturdy . Only downside is my last one I could just lift in and out , I forget to let it open before I turn the Jeep off , so have to force pull it out or turn jeep back on for it to open.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6613792

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Several months ago I purchased and I Otti vent mount for my. It's a tad on the flimsy side and the little arms are tiny Plus a smooth case may slide when being held so I have these rubber bands rig on it to keep that from happening.

I'm going to look into getting something sturdier to use possibly a dash mount. I do have a windshield mount that's very sturdy I might use that for a little while. I like the position of where the air vent is though it's very easy to reach and it's not in the way of my viewing.

Try www.proclipusa.com
It's the best phone holder in the industry, as the mount is custom made for every car with no glue, screws, or any damage done to your car. I've been using them for many years and I love this mounting solution.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Try www.proclipusa.com
It's the best phone holder in the industry, as the mount is custom made for every car with no glue, screws, or any damage done to your car. I've been using them for many years and I love this mounting solution.

I concur that they make some good ones. However not all applications are well executed. I have a 2013 Chrysler 300 and the mount is solid. The ones for the previous generation 300 are utter crap.

I'm using mine with the new iOttie magnetic wireless charger. Unfortunately, iOttie decided to integrate the 17 mm ball into the mount. I had to take the thing apart and do some careful modifications to the ball mount I have for my pro clip to get it to work. The old worked charger mount can easily be mounted to a ball adapter, but the way the arms small ****, it's only a matter of time before they will break from fatigue. That's what happened to me. IOttie replaced it under warranty, but I moved on to the magnetic one and gave the other one to a friend.

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I converted to magnetic holders for all of my cars I don't use wireless charging which doesn't work with metal plates.
I totally miss having a Mophie Charge Force magnetic case/holder setup. Unfortunately, starting with a Note 8,they never could get those cases working right with Samsung phones that have wireless charging. It was so convenient. Mophie never even made a Note 9 Charge force case.

stephenrus

Aug 27, 2018
Visit site
For dash mount I am using Andobil, automatic hold my Note 9 (10+ now) and wireless charge. Excellent customer service. Remember to register after you buy to get warranty. Hope that help.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I have the iOttie fast wireless charger. It comes with a disc you can stick anywhere then mount the suction cup on it. It will charge even when using Google maps and Bluetooth. Not sure the wattage though.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Never affix this sort of suction base to a windshield which sees direct sunlight. A photochemical reaction releases the plasticizers from that soft, clear PVC compound and the suction cup itself reverts to a gooey, viscous state.
Again, I use a pro clip mount with this. It doesnt use that suction cup.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Last edited:

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
I'll take a picture shortly and post it. I posted it, but its waiting on admin approval. :(

Last edited: