Looking at a sturdier Car mount.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Forgot to mention, you will need this adapter with that one from Amazon too to order with your proclip. You will just have to drill out the holes a little on it to get the amazon adapter screws to fit through them to put the nut on.

https://www.proclipusa.com/product/tilt-swivel-mount-with-amps-face-plate-heavy?sSearch=215500

Wow. Lots of stuff ($$$) needed for this set-up but I think it will be good for me as I spend a lot of time in the car.
Thanks for posting!

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Wow. Lots of stuff ($$$) needed for this set-up but I think it will be good for me as I spend a lot of time in the car.
Thanks for posting!
Yep. But you can take it with you to any car. Just buy a new pro clip. And it's a solid mount. My phone doesnt shake at all and has never came out. :)

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Simple cup holder
907951c758104ad5ca4fdb34e73104ee.jpg

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I use this one with a pro clip mount. Works great.

iOttie Easy One Touch Wireless Qi Fast Charge Car Mount Kit || Fast Charge: Samsung Galaxy S10 S9 Plus S8 S7 Edge Note 8 5 | Standard Charge: iPhone X 8 Plus & Qi Enabled Devices | + Dual Car Charger https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0754NDNT8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_7MNyDbE88KX35

That was a great charger.... Except when it breaks. It snaps shut so hard, it puts a shock load on the tab that eventually causes a fatigue failure. They really needed to put a damper to allow the closer action down without reducing clamping force. It was replaced under warranty, but I have it away and went with the new magnetic version.

I agree the proclip hardware can be great, but that's not the case for all cars.

Attachments

• 1017.jpg
    1017.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Sorry you had issues. Mine is about 3 years old now and still going! :)

That was a great charger.... Except when it breaks. It snaps shut so hard, it puts a shock load on the tab that eventually causes a figure failure. They really needed to put a damper to allow the closer action down without reducing clamping force. It was replaced under warranty, but I have it away and went with the new magnetic version.

I agree the proclip hardware can be great, but that's not the case for all cars.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I got this new one today and like it. It holds my 10+ even with the Otterbox Defender case on. I have it on a dash mount setup currently.
adbdddfce8908a4bccc9e997bfb6d9b2.jpg

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Sorry you had issues. Mine is about 3 years old now and still going! :)

To be fair, I drive a lot. I work 6 miles from home and I still manage to put on about 30k miles a year. And most of that is local so my mount saw a lot of opening and shutting events. But if I broke it in less than a year, then I would expect it would break again in a similar amount of time. Thus, I moved on.

daninbluemd

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Several months ago I purchased and I Otti vent mount for my. It's a tad on the flimsy side and the little arms are tiny Plus a smooth case may slide when being held so I have these rubber bands rig on it to keep that from happening.

I'm going to look into getting something sturdier to use possibly a dash mount. I do have a windshield mount that's very sturdy I might use that for a little while. I like the position of where the air vent is though it's very easy to reach and it's not in the way of my viewing.

I have one of those "as seen on TV" vent mounts from years ago (prob. 5-6 years old, no idea if still made) and it still works great.

Looks like it's still made (https://www.asseenontvwebstore.com/Clever-Grip-p/clever-grip.htm)

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Since I had posted that originally, I've gotten a great dash mount for the Note, also one for the Tab S6.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Does the wireless one actually charge? I bought one a few years ago and it would never constantly charge my phone. I think I had a XS Max at the time..

No reason it shouldn't. I am currently using a different one from iOttie. My gf uses it to charge her iPhone 11 plus all the time in her car and mine.

mhynek

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I use a barely there case with imbedded metal plates with a Qi magnetic mount. It works well and very convenient.

PITAKA MagEZ Case Compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 6.8" Aramid Fiber Ultra Slim Fit for Samsung Note10 Plus Super Durable Phone Case with Soft 3D Grip Touch Back Cover- Black/Grey(Twill) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XDYLV2...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6702891

SCOSCHE MQ2WD MagicMount Charge Universal 10W Magnetic Qi-Certified Phone/GPS Suction & Adhesive Wireless Charge and Mount with Car Charger for The Car https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F1TQ86...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6702891

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
iTLTL universal car air vent has been my go to cell phone in car holder.
You can get it at Amazon for 10.99.
The best part is it remains stable no matter what. But most of all in New Jersey you can't use a Windshield mounted in car phone holders without getting stopped by the police.

It is vent mounted and it has enough coverage on the back to deflect any heat coming out of the vents. Amazon will hook you up.

I've had a few and they always fell or wiggled loose. Soon as they would I'd get my money back from Amazon and try another.

I grabbed 1 in May of 2019 and only remove it to clean vents.
Amazon reviews are questionable at times, but they got this one right.

Attachments

• 21946.jpg
    21946.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 29

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Well I just got the WeatherTech Cupfhone and I can't believe how awesome it is. Phone slides in and never moves. I have 3 cup holders on the center console in my GMC Sierra and this one is just perfect.

Just wanted to add when I remove my phone from the holder it's nice not having to look for a release button, just slide up and out.

https://www.weathertech.com/products/weathertech-cupfone/

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie