Whitestone Dome Screen Protector

State48Diver

Aug 23, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience with the Whitestone Dome protectors? I have seen some mixed reviews. From peeling up due to cases, to the install being a PITA. Looking at the videos, it does not appear to be difficult to install, however, my only concern would be the adhesive entering the button, speaker, or charging point areas.

My last probably seven phones have had Zagg on them so I thought I would look at something different.

Thanks in advance!

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
It seem too expensive to me and the reviews on Amazon basically show a lot of user error and poor customer service. I think the type of screen cover it came with is good enough and easier to apply.
I always get insurance because when it cracks the repair is way to expensive.

DrRafaelPenguin

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
I have it coming on Sunday from Amazon, but I may return it and wait for Zagg's tempered glass. It seems like a lot of people are having problems with the fingerprint reader when they put the glass on.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience with the Whitestone Dome protectors? I have seen some mixed reviews. From peeling up due to cases, to the install being a PITA. Looking at the videos, it does not appear to be difficult to install, however, my only concern would be the adhesive entering the button, speaker, or charging point areas.

My last probably seven phones have had Zagg on them so I thought I would look at something different.

Thanks in advance!

I used on Note 9 and S10+. I have never had an issue with it coming up. Pretty easy to install as well. As far as speaker it has a tape to put over it. For buttons and charging never had that much leakage on my end. Any that does is easily wiped off. I did not have any issues with fingerprint sensor on the D10+ with it. I ordered and will be here Monday.

j_squared

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Is there suppose to be this much space at the top? Or did I get a regular note 10 protector? The box does say Note10+ on it.
IMG_0006_2.jpeg

Rodawg71

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine doesn't...How much space do you have at the bottom? Looks like the glass might have slid in between the bottom of the tray, past the two points to hold it in place.

j_squared

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine doesn't...How much space do you have at the bottom? Looks like the glass might have slid in between the bottom of the tray, past the two points to hold it in place.

It's right on the edge, if I slide it up the gap would be at the bottom.

kuhawksr1

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Installed it on my Note10+ today and will say it appears to be the best screen protector I've ever applied to any phone. Excellent product, adhesive spread is what makes it great. Easy install, great video tutorial. Absolutely no issue with fingerprint sensor. Works great with my ESR kickstand case.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Installed it on my Note10+ today and will say it appears to be the best screen protector I've ever applied to any phone. Excellent product, adhesive spread is what makes it great. Easy install, great video tutorial. Absolutely no issue with fingerprint sensor. Works great with my ESR kickstand case.
I've used them since s8+ , by far the best I've used .

Rodawg71

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
It's right on the edge, if I slide it up the gap would be at the bottom.
Here's what it looks like on mine...I do have more space on the bottom but once I put my case on, it's all good.
c6efcc984d817e42b25eb8e5b4e8a16d.jpg
8f5334567a340613adc031150626e48f.jpg

B Posey

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Nice install!... I'm waiting for my Note 10+ Whitestone Dome to get delivered. Does anyone know if they work ok with Spigen cases?

Rodawg71

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Does the Dome glass affect the fingerprint scanner at all on the Note 10+ ?

Some say no, some say yes, what it be? :p
I haven't had any issues so far. Works just as fine as when I had the stock protector on. I did notice that the install video on their website doesn't have you place your finger on the fingerprint scanner as with the S10/+. Parused some YT vids and most of them skipped this step too ( I did it anyway )

j_squared

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Here's what it looks like on mine...I do have more space on the bottom but once I put my case on, it's all good.
c6efcc984d817e42b25eb8e5b4e8a16d.jpg
8f5334567a340613adc031150626e48f.jpg

Then it definitely looks like I recieved a regular Note10 screen protector in the box. I've already contacted them through amazon. Hopefully they send a replacement.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Like others I've installed a few of these.

Allow yourself plenty of time and get everything prepped.

Watch YouTube videos and the official Whitestone Dome videos / tutorials a few times.

Make sure the screen is dust and debris free.

Don't be shy at over egging this part.

When applying the top speaker grill sticker make sure its not stuck on too low down or this can impact on the protector and adhesive spread causing a bubble.

I use one of the cylinders of supplied adhesive on the work surface I'm going to use to see if it rolls or not to show if it's a flat surface which is important for when the adhesive rests on the phones display.

There is supplied adsorption pads that go either side of the phone to soak up any excess although in my experiences there isn't a lot.

When the adhesive has fully spread do not move the phone or the cradle it's sat in for any reason.

Make sure you already have a power source to power the UV light so your not having to move and possibly increase the chance of knocking your work surface.

After the first curing remove the phone and wipe it's edges and then lightly press down where the fingerprint scanner is.

Then 2nd cure.

It can seem daunting to someone who's going to fit one of these for the first time but the results are definitely worth the process.

mozman

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Then it definitely looks like I recieved a regular Note10 screen protector in the box. I've already contacted them through amazon. Hopefully they send a replacement.
I would suggest going into Whitestone web site directly and file a warranty claim. They will process it even if you bought through Amazon. The claim process will ask for everything needed. Make sure you have pictures to show that the protector is the wrong size. Also argue not to pay the $10 shipping, since it is their mistake.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63