Minimalist cases with kickstand for 10+

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Am looking for a slim case with kickstand. The options we have as of now are
1) Samsung rugged case
2) Spigen ultra hybrid
3) ESR metal kickstand

Reviews regarding 2 and 3 kickstand are pretty bad and 1 is little bulky. Do we have better options?

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Look at the Zizo Cases, Have had one on my Note 8 since I got it. Looking at options myself, since looking to upgrade to the 10+Note

runfar262

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
1) Samsung rugged case
2) Spigen ultra hybrid
3) ESR metal kickstand

Reviews regarding 2 and 3 kickstand are pretty bad and 1 is little bulky. Do we have better options?

I have the ESR case with the metal kickstand and I like it a lot. It's clear and shows off the Aura Glow really well. The kickstand is sturdy.
https://www.esrgear.com/products/galaxy-note-10-metal-kickstand-case/

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
1) Samsung rugged case
2) Spigen ultra hybrid
3) ESR metal kickstand

Spigen also has the Slim Essential S which I prefer over the Ultra Hybrid S but it's more expensive.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Along with ESR I got these two cases. They have a ring-type kickstand vs bar-type kickstand. Both are pretty slim. Just wanted to share some other choices.20190823_115013.jpgIMG_20190901_095518.jpg

dario12v

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
1) Samsung rugged case
2) Spigen ultra hybrid
3) ESR metal kickstand

I've tried all 3 of them , Samsung rugged was too bulky and very slippery (returned it to best buy after 1 day of use )
Tried essential s , new from spigen (improved version of Ultra hybrid s ), not bad , but stand only gives u 1 angle and it's too flat , also stand feels weak and it has watermarks in back

I'm using the esr metal kickstand for a few days now and it's great
So far , love standing the phone up to read , great angle almost straight when watching video too
According to esr it won't yellow for at least 6 months , bought the clear and the black , black is a smoke color and looks really bad on my aura blue , clear looks great , no other kickstand case compares to this

Last edited:

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I've tried all 3 of them , Samsung rugged was too bulky and very slippery (returned it to best buy after 1 day of use )
Tried essential s , new from spigen (improved version of Ultra hybrid s ), not bad , but stand only gives u 1 angle and it's too flat , also stand feels weak and it has watermarks in back

So far , love standing the phone up to read , great angle almost straight when watching video too
According to esr it won't yellow for at least 6 months , bought the clear and the black , black is a smoke color and looks really bad on my aura blue , clear looks great , no other kickstand case compares to this

Absolutely agree. I got the clear ESR for my Aura White. I love this thing and the stand is pretty sturdy.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

Is your ESR case able to do wireless powershare charging to another device with the case on? (eg: powershare to another phone, smartwatch, earbuds).

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Is your ESR case able to do wireless powershare charging to another device with the case on? (eg: powershare to another phone, smartwatch, earbuds).

Wireless power share works. You can see the light indicating that it's charging. My galaxy watch works too but I don't have a pic right now.IMG_20190909_104058.jpg

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Here is the Galaxy Watch chargingView attachment 309458

Thank you for the pic. The reason I'm asking is cuz my tech21 silicone case *appears* to be able to wireless powershare to my Samsung smartwatch, but in fact nothing is actually happening. When I place my smartwatch on the back of my Note 10 plus with the tech21 case on, the watch (if I'm lucky to find exactly the right sweet spot) will give me the lightning bolt and say 8 minutes to full charge. But 30 minutes later, I still get the same message of 8 minutes later to fully charge. So my watch is lying to me. Have you actually checked to see if your smartwatch is *really* charging to a higher level after say 15 minutes? Sorry to make a fuss on this, but as you can tell, I've been frustrated by this, haha.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Yeah it definitely charged. In about 2 minutes it went from 65% to 68%. In 5 minutes it went to 72%. Hope this helps.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
That's fantastic! Thank you for the confirmation! Are the below links correct for ordering the ESR phone case? Do you suppose it's better to order from the manufacturer directly or through Amazon? Any pros or cons from either website for purchasing the case?

https://www.esrgear.com/categories/protective-cases/samsung-cases/galaxy-note-10-plus/

https://www.amazon.com/ESR-Galaxy-N...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6639555

You're welcome! I looked at both sites but ended up ordering through Amazon. No particular reason. Just made a decision.

dario12v

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
That's fantastic! Thank you for the confirmation! Are the below links correct for ordering the ESR phone case? Do you suppose it's better to order from the manufacturer directly or through Amazon? Any pros or cons from either website for purchasing the case?

https://www.esrgear.com/categories/protective-cases/samsung-cases/galaxy-note-10-plus/

https://www.amazon.com/ESR-Galaxy-N...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6639813

I ordered mine ( 2 cases clear and black) from manufacturer
It was free shipping , but took 5 days for delivery

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital