SopiGuard Skins

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I just started using them. They have some decent skin choices. I started with a color changing glossy skin, but after it was in a case, it started to get that "Water Mark" look. I was taking it out to wipe it down, and the skin stuck to the inside of the clear case. That in turn, pulled the skin and stretched it a bit and created a bubble. Well, when I went to try to push the bubble out, that created a crease.

One thing I liked about the glossy finish, was when I didnt feel like using the case, the skin added A LOT of grip!

Overall, I liked the skin enough to order more. This time around I went with Matte finishes. So far, no water mark look, in the case. So far, the matte finish is really nice, but doesn't add much grip to the Note10+, and IMO, it might even be a little more slippery, but now I can put it back in a clear case and not worry about the "wet" look on it.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
The 4 new skins I ordered. They're all Matte finishes. I got a clear, red, metallic green, and a "Blue Frost" color that changes to purple.
View attachment 309710

I started with the green.

View attachment 309711IMG_5696.jpg

Please forgive the bad quality in some of the pictures. Strangely, I took them with my wife's iPhone and they came out weird. But some of the other pictures into with my BlackBerry Motion, and they came out fine.

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the clear gloss skin on my phone. Me likey. I also have the matte finish one.
b6d59be7bdd92b5cf60d83394d5465db.jpg

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
What I don't like about the site is the examples they use for color shift. I DON"T want to see a stupid car. I want to see what it looks like on the phone. What kind of sample is that?

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
What I don't like about the site is the examples they use for color shift. I DON"T want to see a stupid car. I want to see what it looks like on the phone. What kind of sample is that?

Yeah, I was a little confused about that at first, but then I just figured that there using the same film, so those cars are the biggest examples of the skin cover and colors.

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
It almost feels like there is nothing on the back, and grip is slightly better, less slippery. I mainly keep in a case, but wanted something to protect the look and feel of the phone with minimal fingerprints, although the matte would probably show less of them.
Looks good. Hows the grip on it?

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
It almost feels like there is nothing on the back, and grip is slightly better, less slippery. I mainly keep in a case, but wanted something to protect the look and feel of the phone with minimal fingerprints, although the matte would probably show less of them.

Ok Thanks for the info. Have you every used dbrand? if so, how does it compare. I was looking at getting the Frost blue color shift. The selection is pretty good.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Ok Thanks for the info. Have you every used dbrand? if so, how does it compare. I was looking at getting the Frost blue color shift. The selection is pretty good.

I've used dbrand and slickwraps. But even though all 3 offer the same kind of special textures, I have never ordered the same designs from all 3. Dbrand I went with the black camo. IMO, for me, it was actually more slippery than just the bare glass.
Slickwraps I had a custom skin in a matte finish, and I liked it. I would say between dbrand and slickwraps, they use the same 3M Vinyl wrap and they're equally durable and sticky. These were all on my Note8.

The first skin I got with SopiGuard felt more flimsy that the ones I got from dbrand and slickwraps, but it also felt just as sticky. I did notice because of the glossy finish it did pull and peel more than the others did, because it would stick to the inside of my clear case. The metallic one I have right now was more stiff than the first color shift I got from them. I haven't installed the Blue Frost yet. I'll do an update when I change any of the skins out. If I ever do, lol.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I've used dbrand and slickwraps. But even though all 3 offer the same kind of special textures, I have never ordered the same designs from all 3. Dbrand I went with the black camo. IMO, for me, it was actually more slippery than just the bare glass.
Slickwraps I had a custom skin in a matte finish, and I liked it. I would say between dbrand and slickwraps, they use the same 3M Vinyl wrap and they're equally durable and sticky. These were all on my Note8.

The first skin I got with SopiGuard felt more flimsy that the ones I got from dbrand and slickwraps, but it also felt just as sticky. I did notice because of the glossy finish it did pull and peel more than the others did, because it would stick to the inside of my clear case. The metallic one I have right now was more stiff than the first color shift I got from them. I haven't installed the Blue Frost yet. I'll do an update when I change any of the skins out. If I ever do, lol.

Oh WOW!! Thank you so much for all the details. I've only used dbrand and they sick pretty well. They are very limited in their selection though. I'm looking forward to trying SopiGuard. Can't wait for your updates. Thanks again :)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, the glossy finish definitely gives the phone some grip! But it seems like it also grips to the case. That's why I had to get a new one.
I guess we need to keep in mind that even though a skin may fit, it's not designed to go inside of a case.... at least not that I'm aware of.