Will Note10 have the dreaded notch?

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
I hate the look of "the Notch" on newer phones. Seriously, I hope Note10 won't have it, because I can't buy such a thing. What are your thoughts?

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Nobody actually knows but I'd say it's highly unlikely Samsung starts introducing the notch on any of its flagship phones.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Doesn't really matter. Samsung, if they implement the notch, will probably have the better implementation.

Any way, people adapt, that's what we are good at. So, relax, life is too short to worry about a notch vs no notch

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
No chance of a notch I think, read some interesting rumours today about the screen being used as speaker and possibly a pop-up camera which would make samsung able to produce a 100% screen ratio, it also hinted at 6000mah battery and 6.6 inch screen

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
No chance of a notch I think, read some interesting rumours today about the screen being used as speaker and possibly a pop-up camera which would make samsung able to produce a 100% screen ratio, it also hinted at 6000mah battery and 6.6 inch screen

A pop up camera like the oppo find x? I wouldn't like it if that happens.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
So what is the big deal with notches ? I've seen so many people talk about their hate of it. I mean it's super ugly, but if it has a significant purpose in being put there then I can look pass the ugliness. Now if they just slapped the ugly thing on there for no reason then that's another story.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I think they would have a hard time replacing on the front is the light sensor. The selfie camera can be eliminated and integrated with a small screen on the rear.

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
So what is the big deal with notches ? I've seen so many people talk about their hate of it. I mean it's super ugly, but if it has a significant purpose in being put there then I can look pass the ugliness. Now if they just slapped the ugly thing on there for no reason then that's another story.

Since you can "hide" the notch... at least on the LG V40 & G7...I don't think there is a purpose... otherwise by hiding it you defeat whatever that purpose is.

Now maybe iPhone had a necessary purpose, but clearly LG did not.

So, I don't think there truly is a necessary purpose that outweighs how it messes up the flow of the screen and watching videos.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Since you can "hide" the notch... at least on the LG V40 & G7...I don't think there is a purpose... otherwise by hiding it you defeat whatever that purpose is.

Now maybe iPhone had a necessary purpose, but clearly LG did not.

So, I don't think there truly is a necessary purpose that outweighs how it messes up the flow of the screen and watching videos.

I didn't know lg phones had it. I only knew about iphones and pixels having it. I had an iPhone person explain the notch on the X when it came out and yes there was a specific purpose. *Shrugs*

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
No way. Their whole campaign is making fun of the notch. I don't see them going that route anytime soon if ever. Plus, they've said numerous times they're not doing it. I believe this notch crap is a faze and will eventually go away. Samsung is doing it right....they don't need that nonsense.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I saw that, and I really hope they're wrong. I don't really want a taller phone or taller screen, keep the screen the same size and reduce the bezels making the phone smaller, and bonus points for offering a flat screen option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith