A Plea for the Note 10

SkydiverTilt

Sep 29, 2018
Visit site
The Note 9 was praised from tech reviewers all over the globe but there was no better description than from Linus Tech Tips who called the Note 9 the ZERO compromise phone and was he ever right.

It has it all, and didn’t cut back on anything, from the internals to the external extras. Headphone jack, stylus, SD card, iris scanners, 3 cameras , 1 w/ aperture , LED light, duel speakers, USB C, finger print scanner, health monitor, amazing display...just the works...everything you can throw at the phone and a overlay that even makes you question getting Nova. Just perfect.

Now Samsung is at a dangerous crossroads. Do they remove it all and put a hole in the front on their S line...I don’t care, run the standard industry dumbing down for all I care...BUT DON’T TOUCH MY NOTE!!!

Why in the world industry thinks the majority of people give a flying ‘you know what’ about no bezels in sacrifice of useful physical features is beyond my comprehension. It makes zero sense. Really?? a couple millimeters to add an array of features at the top? It already infuriates me that the bezels on the Note 9 are so tight on the sides it precludes me from using the phone without a case due to palm mis presses.

Samsung, by all means go forth and play copy cat like everyone else to Apple’s line on your S series, remove functionality and put a stupid hole in the front, but please, please, please leave the Note the way it is...perfect!

Beansr519

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
The Note 9 was praised from tech reviewers all over the globe but there was no better description than from Linus Tech Tips who called the Note 9 the ZERO compromise phone and was he ever right.

It has it all, and didn’t cut back on anything, from the internals to the external extras. Headphone jack, stylus, SD card, iris scanners, 3 cameras , 1 w/ aperture , LED light, duel speakers, USB C, finger print scanner, health monitor, amazing display...just the works...everything you can throw at the phone and a overlay that even makes you question getting Nova. Just perfect.

Now Samsung is at a dangerous crossroads. Do they remove it all and put a hole in the front on their S line...I don’t care, run the standard industry dumbing down for all I care...BUT DON’T TOUCH MY NOTE!!!

Why in the world industry thinks the majority of people give a flying ‘you know what’ about no bezels in sacrifice of useful physical features is beyond my comprehension. It makes zero sense. Really?? a couple millimeters to add an array of features at the top? It already infuriates me that the bezels on the Note 9 are so tight on the sides it precludes me from using the phone without a case due to palm mis presses.

Samsung, by all means go forth and play copy cat like everyone else to Apple’s line on your S series, remove functionality and put a stupid hole in the front, but please, please, please leave the Note the way it is...perfect!

WELL SAID!!! This phone is beyond perferct!!! i wouldn't mind if they played with the body style a little (not as "boxy"), but all in all, there's nothing that "needs" to be done to this phone externally! it's a friggin beautiful BEAST!!!

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site

I've never done an accidental palm press due to the infinity display and personally I think Nova Prime enhances the phone even more.
But apart from that (which is just where my experience differs from yours), I agree with you 100%. Don't mess with perfection!

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
WELL SAID!!! This phone is beyond perferct!!! i wouldn't mind if they played with the body style a little (not as "boxy"), but all in all, there's nothing that "needs" to be done to this phone externally! it's a friggin beautiful BEAST!!!

Some of us prefer the Note 9 being "boxy" because it facilitates writing with the S Pen.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Some of us prefer the Note 9 being "boxy" because it facilitates writing with the S Pen.
Yeah I like the boxy design of the note because of the S Pen. But agree so much with the OP. I too would not like to see the stupid camera holes on the screen and I'm ok with the Notes bezels as they are. I wouldn't mind the in screen Fingerprint sensor but please leave the screen alone. If you're going to give it smaller bezels at the top and bottom then please don't do it with camera holes.

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I actually prefer my N8 vs my N9, but that's for another topic. I prefer the weight and squareness of the N8.....

I think the bezels are fine and agree that the Notes have everything one could want in a phone. I also have an S9 on the desk but that only lasts about 2-3 minutes lol......

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The precedence has been what gets on the S series makes it to the Note. I would guess what happens will get on the Note 11.

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've always been a note user and have had every iteration of them, and so far it is the Pinnacle of devices (give and take a few nuances that people face)... I agree with everyrhing, the only thing I would say is the whole issue with the displays is that Samsung pretty much makes 80+% off all the displays, so chances are they are the ones behind it (all roads lead to them being the culprit)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the N9 and Plus. IMO, the only ding, but big one is the curved edges. They are not content friendly and distort the edges. Especially the reflections on the edges. Now they are going to take more steps back with an Fn notch and also make it non symmetric. The worst of both worlds.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I would prefer a FLAT screen for the Note 9. You lose screen real estate with the curves.

Note 8/9 have me feeling the S Pen is worthless. The curved edge and change to screen aspect actually reduces the amount of screen space for apps. Rather use lightroom to touch up photos on a Note 3 than a Note 9. I have both phones, I'm not exaggerating.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
The Galaxy Note 9 was widely proclaimed The Phone of The Year 2018. IMO justifiably. Was it perfect? Nope. We should always expect improvements with the successor phone in the battery life, screen, performance,S Pen functionality and camera for example.

JRSIV

Oct 25, 2010
www.babyjblog.wordpress.com
I would prefer a FLAT screen for the Note 9. You lose screen real estate with the curves.
Bear with me, just take the ride...I try to get three years out of my smartphones so after getting into them in 2009 with the T-Mobile MyTouch 3G (known as the HTC Magic outside the US) and upgrading to a MyTouch 4G when the 3G bricked, I tried the Samsung line with the Galaxy S3. Great phone. Then in 3 years went to the S6, a great phone yes, but the lack of SD card expansion storage and the glass back ending pulled battery restarts & replacement.

I got the Note 9 during Black Friday and while there is definitely the law of diminishing returns & Moore's law to be certain, I feel it's the perfect summation of all the things that make these devices so cool and now essential in our lives.

The ONLY thing I can't see as an improvement or an essential upgrade is the curved "edge" screen. I thought they were gimmicky when the S6 Edge was released and over the past few years any friends or family who have a Galaxy with a curved screen that I was able to mess with a bit felt how I did, that it really served no purpose. It's near impossible to get a tempered glass screen protector to stay on (the Dome has its issues with the edges too: snowflake cracks, weird spaces allowing dust in, etc.) and I don't feel more immersion while watching a movie or video in a landscape.

But since Samsung made it a ubiquitous part of all their devices in the upper end of the line you have to just grin & bear it. UNTIL news of an S10 "Lite" or S10E variant that's basically an S10 with a flat screen. Now I'm married to my Note 9 for the foreseeable future, but I sure hope the flat screen version takes off and Samsung at least gives consumers the option of whether or not they want a curved screen or not.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Note 9 isn't perfect. The curved edge and narrow screen aspect has made it less productive and it wouldn't hurt to bring the IR Blaster back. Still, it's arguably the best overall phone.

Note 10 would be great with a 16:9 flat screen.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
There was a post on reddit showing that with the hole on the S10+ came a change in aspect ratio to 19.5:9 from 18:9... What that means is that if you use the notch hiding feature, the screen becomes as big as the one on the S9+. I'd imagine it would be the same for Note 10. So just hide it if you don't want to see it and you really want to get the Note 10. Or just skip to 11.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Latest rumours of a pop up front camera could easily let us see a 6.75 inch screen without holes, it defo won't have a notch no matter what.
I could also easily see 5 cameras on the back (because Nokia is doing it in 2019) and maybe a triple front camera, 3 holes left/centre/right combination, the could easily get away with that because of the 6.75 inch screen

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1