03-10-2019 09:35 PM
37 12
tools
    Basically, take your note and turn it upside down. Then click the top of the spen but don’t pull it out, leave it in. No simply imagine the portion sticking out has a camera facing you, and that’s pretty much how it will work.
    Great visial. So kinda like the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s but with the Spen instead of a regular in screen cam. On the Xiaomi, the front cam is on the bottom right corner of the phone. To take a selfie, you turn it upside down. Interesting.
    03-09-2019 05:52 PM
    Where did you see that?
    They filed a patent and there have been rumors of a camera in the spen, though non have stated it would be implemented in the way I've described. Just saying that would be a cool and logical way to get a bezel less display with no notch or hole punch.

There are also rumors suggesting that the Note 10 might be the first device with the camera underneath the display.
    03-09-2019 07:20 PM
    Great visial. So kinda like the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s but with the Spen instead of a regular in screen cam. On the Xiaomi, the front cam is on the bottom right corner of the phone. To take a selfie, you turn it upside down. Interesting.
    Yup, except they could simply move the spen to the top so you wouldn't have to turn the phone upside down.
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    03-09-2019 07:20 PM
    They filed a patent and there have been rumors of a camera in the spen, though non have stated it would be implemented in the way I've described. Just saying that would be a cool and logical way to get a bezel less display with no notch or hole punch.

There are also rumors suggesting that the Note 10 might be the first device with the camera underneath the display.
    Yeah, I meant where did you get that particular implementation. I thought of that too, but haven't seen it anywhere. Also, can you point me towards a rumor you saw of Note 10 with camera hidden by display? Everything I've read so far said that is still years away.
    03-10-2019 01:17 AM
    Yeah, I meant where did you get that particular implementation. I thought of that too, but haven't seen it anywhere. Also, can you point me towards a rumor you saw of Note 10 with camera hidden by display? Everything I've read so far said that is still years away.
    I've heard that mostly in YouTube videos, but here are some reports that have that same information.
    https://www.xda-developers.com/samsu...isplay-camera/
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...-note-10-news/
    03-10-2019 01:27 AM
    I've heard that mostly in YouTube videos, but here are some reports that have that same information.
    https://www.xda-developers.com/samsu...isplay-camera/
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...-note-10-news/
    Thanks for the links. That stuff I've seen, but nothing yet saying the Note 10 will have camera hidden under the screen. That tech is talked about, but like I said, most say it is nowhere near ready. I predict double hole-punch in screen, and no camera in pen this time around. Fun to watch the rumors develop though.
    03-10-2019 03:36 AM
    Thanks for the links. That stuff I've seen, but nothing yet saying the Note 10 will have camera hidden under the screen. That tech is talked about, but like I said, most say it is nowhere near ready. I predict double hole-punch in screen, and no camera in pen this time around. Fun to watch the rumors develop though.
    I agree, that’s most likely what it will be. But it’s fun speculating on what they could do.

Realistic, my prediction will be it’ll simply be an S10 5G with spen, and hopefully a 10e model variant, with slightly smaller, flat screen and 4g.
    03-10-2019 03:39 AM
    I agree, that’s most likely what it will be. But it’s fun speculating on what they could do.

Realistic, my prediction will be it’ll simply be an S10 5G with spen, and hopefully a 10e model variant, with slightly smaller, flat screen and 4g.
    Probably, but also looks like a very good chance it will have UFS 3.0 for much faster and energy efficient storage.
    03-10-2019 08:15 AM
    Probably, but also looks like a very good chance it will have UFS 3.0 for much faster and energy efficient storage.
    The S10 5g uses UFS 3.0. My concern is a possible Note 10e may not, and that is one performance boost I'm looking forward too.
    03-10-2019 11:04 AM
    The S10 5g uses UFS 3.0. My concern is a possible Note 10e may not, and that is one performance boost I'm looking forward too.
    I can't find anything about the S10 5G using UFS 3.0. Where did you see that?
    03-10-2019 07:49 PM
    I can't find anything about the S10 5G using UFS 3.0. Where did you see that?
    Samsung mentioned it in the keynote when they announced the S10.
    03-10-2019 08:14 PM
    Samsung mentioned it in the keynote when they announced the S10.
    I only saw them say that about the Fold. we'll see. It would be nice though.
    03-10-2019 09:35 PM
37 12