possible Note 10?

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
That's my point. The Iris scanner is gone because they are hell bent on getting rid of the bezel. Anyway, latest rumor is that the Note 10 still has a hole-punch camera.

Hole punch like the S10e or pill shape like s10+? If hole punch, why would the Note follow the lower tiered S?

I'm following all the S10 news (im)patiently waiting on the N10. I started with N3 and ended with N8. The BT Spen camera function wasn't enough for me to go to N9. But N10 has me stalking all things S right now.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Hole punch like the S10e or pill shape like s10+? If hole punch, why would the Note follow the lower tiered S?

I'm following all the S10 news (im)patiently waiting on the N10. I started with N3 and ended with N8. The BT Spen camera function wasn't enough for me to go to N9. But N10 has me stalking all things S right now.
I'm guessing the double-punch

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha. Yes, I agree. I struggle with the idea of a cam inside the Spen though. Not that it can't happen, I just can't visualize how it would look and work.

Basically, take your note and turn it upside down. Then click the top of the spen but don’t pull it out, leave it in. No simply imagine the portion sticking out has a camera facing you, and that’s pretty much how it will work.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Basically, take your note and turn it upside down. Then click the top of the spen but don’t pull it out, leave it in. No simply imagine the portion sticking out has a camera facing you, and that’s pretty much how it will work.
Where did you see that?

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Great visial. So kinda like the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s but with the Spen instead of a regular in screen cam. On the Xiaomi, the front cam is on the bottom right corner of the phone. To take a selfie, you turn it upside down. Interesting.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Where did you see that?
They filed a patent and there have been rumors of a camera in the spen, though non have stated it would be implemented in the way I've described. Just saying that would be a cool and logical way to get a bezel less display with no notch or hole punch.

There are also rumors suggesting that the Note 10 might be the first device with the camera underneath the display.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Great visial. So kinda like the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s but with the Spen instead of a regular in screen cam. On the Xiaomi, the front cam is on the bottom right corner of the phone. To take a selfie, you turn it upside down. Interesting.
Yup, except they could simply move the spen to the top so you wouldn't have to turn the phone upside down.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
They filed a patent and there have been rumors of a camera in the spen, though non have stated it would be implemented in the way I've described. Just saying that would be a cool and logical way to get a bezel less display with no notch or hole punch.

There are also rumors suggesting that the Note 10 might be the first device with the camera underneath the display.

Yeah, I meant where did you get that particular implementation. I thought of that too, but haven't seen it anywhere. Also, can you point me towards a rumor you saw of Note 10 with camera hidden by display? Everything I've read so far said that is still years away.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I meant where did you get that particular implementation. I thought of that too, but haven't seen it anywhere. Also, can you point me towards a rumor you saw of Note 10 with camera hidden by display? Everything I've read so far said that is still years away.
I've heard that mostly in YouTube videos, but here are some reports that have that same information.
https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-display-under-display-camera/
https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/samsung-galaxy-note-10-news/

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I've heard that mostly in YouTube videos, but here are some reports that have that same information.
https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-display-under-display-camera/
https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/samsung-galaxy-note-10-news/
Thanks for the links. That stuff I've seen, but nothing yet saying the Note 10 will have camera hidden under the screen. That tech is talked about, but like I said, most say it is nowhere near ready. I predict double hole-punch in screen, and no camera in pen this time around. Fun to watch the rumors develop though.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the links. That stuff I've seen, but nothing yet saying the Note 10 will have camera hidden under the screen. That tech is talked about, but like I said, most say it is nowhere near ready. I predict double hole-punch in screen, and no camera in pen this time around. Fun to watch the rumors develop though.

I agree, that’s most likely what it will be. But it’s fun speculating on what they could do.

Realistic, my prediction will be it’ll simply be an S10 5G with spen, and hopefully a 10e model variant, with slightly smaller, flat screen and 4g.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I agree, that’s most likely what it will be. But it’s fun speculating on what they could do.

Realistic, my prediction will be it’ll simply be an S10 5G with spen, and hopefully a 10e model variant, with slightly smaller, flat screen and 4g.
Probably, but also looks like a very good chance it will have UFS 3.0 for much faster and energy efficient storage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user