Will the potential lack of a jack be a deal breaker?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Nope. Haven't used wired headphones in years, won't miss'em. The future is wireless. (patent pending)
It isn't a deal breaker for me as along as the adapter is not pass thru audio. I found that devices using an external adapter with the DAC built in provide better audio than normally available through a traditional jack, certain LG phones being the exception.

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I have been tittering between returning to the Note line or going with the LG V50. The cameras have kept me with the V series. Now that Samsung has added the wide angle to the Notes I am looking hard at it.
I DO use the headphone jack quite often so without one..... I may have to stay with LG. Yes, I can go cordless (and do have) but the corded headphones don't need to be charged. One less adaptor to carry.
Only time will tell what the N10 will really be.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I have been tittering between returning to the Note line or going with the LG V50. The cameras have kept me with the V series. Now that Samsung has added the wide angle to the Notes I am looking hard at it.
I DO use the headphone jack quite often so without one..... I may have to stay with LG. Yes, I can go cordless (and do have) but the corded headphones don't need to be charged. One less adaptor to carry.

I rarely use headphone jack. Is there a headset that can use the USB C port? Does a USB-C to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter work for existing stereo mini plug sets you might already have and want to use?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
After using the Google Pixel 2, a lack of a headphone jack is not a deal breaker for me. There was only one instance in 14 months where not having a headphone jack put me in a bit of a jam - but had I brought my dongle I would've been okay. I've completely changed my mind about the current "lack of a headphone jack" situation with phones nowadays.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I rarely use headphone jack. Is there a headset that can use the USB C port? Does a USB-C to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter work for existing stereo mini plug sets you might already have and want to use?

Yes, there are headphones that have built in USB C connector. Google provided such a headset with the regular Pixel 3s. The adapter works with any 3.5 connector.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Just leave the adapter connected to your headphones.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Looks like all flagships going away from headphone Jack, but the midrange phones are keeping them, so now you can get a phone cheaper with a headphone Jack lol

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Nope. Use bluetooth headphones only. Even tho headphone Jack is nice to have in case I wanted to use wired headphones. But I haven't used the headphone Jack on my note9. Be nice if the freebies for the note10 were the Galaxy buds lol.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
I believe you mean teetering, not tittering, fwiw

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Is there a headset that can use the USB C port?

The Google Store has a USB C headset that's wired for around $40. I got a pair a week or so ago, and I like them. My only complaint is they are a little heavy on the bass, but other than that the audio is quite clear, and crisp.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Google provided such a headset with the regular Pixel 3s

I hated those with a passion. The design is terrible, at least for my ears. I can not find a position in the adjustable ear piece that fits my ear comfortably, and the bud is designed to have the wing be in place in order to stay.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I hated those with a passion. The design is terrible, at least for my ears. I can not find a position in the adjustable ear piece that fits my ear comfortably, and the bud is designed to have the wing be in place in order to stay.
That's why I just use the dongle. There are others out there but it is not a big selection.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I can agree it's not the best option , but I think it will do until something better comes along .

Downside is, that's where supply and demand come in. No one buys USB C, they'll soon stop making them. Outside of the forums, I highly doubt many people know about USB C headphones, mainly because Bluetooth has become so prevalent.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1