07-05-2019 07:15 PM
61 123
tools
    05-31-2019 10:29 PM
    Nope. Haven't used wired headphones in years, won't miss'em. The future is wireless. (patent pending)
    06-01-2019 09:12 AM
    Nope. Haven't used wired headphones in years, won't miss'em. The future is wireless. (patent pending)
    It isn't a deal breaker for me as along as the adapter is not pass thru audio. I found that devices using an external adapter with the DAC built in provide better audio than normally available through a traditional jack, certain LG phones being the exception.
    06-01-2019 09:49 AM
    I have been tittering between returning to the Note line or going with the LG V50. The cameras have kept me with the V series. Now that Samsung has added the wide angle to the Notes I am looking hard at it.
    I DO use the headphone jack quite often so without one..... I may have to stay with LG. Yes, I can go cordless (and do have) but the corded headphones don't need to be charged. One less adaptor to carry.
    Only time will tell what the N10 will really be.
    06-01-2019 12:16 PM
    I have been tittering between returning to the Note line or going with the LG V50. The cameras have kept me with the V series. Now that Samsung has added the wide angle to the Notes I am looking hard at it.
    I DO use the headphone jack quite often so without one..... I may have to stay with LG. Yes, I can go cordless (and do have) but the corded headphones don't need to be charged. One less adaptor to carry.
    I rarely use headphone jack. Is there a headset that can use the USB C port? Does a USB-C to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter work for existing stereo mini plug sets you might already have and want to use?
    06-01-2019 03:54 PM
    After using the Google Pixel 2, a lack of a headphone jack is not a deal breaker for me. There was only one instance in 14 months where not having a headphone jack put me in a bit of a jam - but had I brought my dongle I would've been okay. I've completely changed my mind about the current "lack of a headphone jack" situation with phones nowadays.
    06-01-2019 05:32 PM
    I rarely use headphone jack. Is there a headset that can use the USB C port? Does a USB-C to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter work for existing stereo mini plug sets you might already have and want to use?
    Yes, there are headphones that have built in USB C connector. Google provided such a headset with the regular Pixel 3s. The adapter works with any 3.5 connector.
    06-01-2019 08:27 PM
    Just leave the adapter connected to your headphones.
    06-01-2019 08:28 PM
    Yes, there are headphones that have built in USB C connector. Google provided such a headset with the regular Pixel 3s. The adapter works with any 3.5 connector.
    Thanks Mike. So maybe not such a big deal?
    06-01-2019 09:24 PM
    Looks like all flagships going away from headphone Jack, but the midrange phones are keeping them, so now you can get a phone cheaper with a headphone Jack lol
    06-01-2019 10:46 PM
    Looks like all flagships going away from headphone Jack, but the midrange phones are keeping them, so now you can get a phone cheaper with a headphone Jack lol
    Not worth getting jacked up over it.
    jhimmel and SpookDroid like this.
    06-02-2019 12:58 AM
    Nope. Use bluetooth headphones only. Even tho headphone Jack is nice to have in case I wanted to use wired headphones. But I haven't used the headphone Jack on my note9. Be nice if the freebies for the note10 were the Galaxy buds lol.
    mgbosshogg likes this.
    06-02-2019 04:43 AM
    I believe you mean teetering, not tittering, fwiw
    06-02-2019 04:54 AM
    Is there a headset that can use the USB C port?
    The Google Store has a USB C headset that's wired for around $40. I got a pair a week or so ago, and I like them. My only complaint is they are a little heavy on the bass, but other than that the audio is quite clear, and crisp.
    jhimmel likes this.
    06-02-2019 07:25 AM
    Google provided such a headset with the regular Pixel 3s
    I hated those with a passion. The design is terrible, at least for my ears. I can not find a position in the adjustable ear piece that fits my ear comfortably, and the bud is designed to have the wing be in place in order to stay.
    06-02-2019 07:27 AM
    Looks like all flagships going away from headphone Jack
    I don't mind the move away from the jack, but the thing is Bluetooth isn't the greatest replacement, and the USB C selection is terrible at best.
    06-02-2019 07:29 AM
    I hated those with a passion. The design is terrible, at least for my ears. I can not find a position in the adjustable ear piece that fits my ear comfortably, and the bud is designed to have the wing be in place in order to stay.
    That's why I just use the dongle. There are others out there but it is not a big selection.
    06-02-2019 08:31 AM
    Not worth getting jacked up over it.
    I agree and use to it , if a phone comes with it I feel it's a bonus and if it dont I have adapt and other option is good
    06-02-2019 08:32 AM
    I don't mind the move away from the jack, but the thing is Bluetooth isn't the greatest replacement, and the USB C selection is terrible at best.
    I can agree it's not the best option , but I think it will do until something better comes along .
    06-02-2019 08:35 AM
    I can agree it's not the best option , but I think it will do until something better comes along .
    Downside is, that's where supply and demand come in. No one buys USB C, they'll soon stop making them. Outside of the forums, I highly doubt many people know about USB C headphones, mainly because Bluetooth has become so prevalent.
    mustang7757 and Morty2264 like this.
    06-02-2019 08:54 AM
    Downside is, that's where supply and demand come in. No one buys USB C, they'll soon stop making them. Outside of the forums, I highly doubt many people know about USB C headphones, mainly because Bluetooth has become so prevalent.
    Good point .
    06-02-2019 08:57 AM
    I owned an iPhone X and iPhone XS Max for months so no, it won't be an issue. It just won't be ideal though. I prefer wired headphones to wireless headphones because it's one less thing to have to worry about charging.
    06-02-2019 02:31 PM
    Run with music ( or crawl .. ) every day.
    Never used the headphone jack on my note 9.

Glad they can use the space for something else.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    06-02-2019 02:50 PM
    I owned an iPhone X and iPhone XS Max for months so no, it won't be an issue. It just won't be ideal though. I prefer wired headphones to wireless headphones because it's one less thing to have to worry about charging.
    So use your wired - with an adapter.
    06-02-2019 04:13 PM
    I don't know what it is, but I just can't get into Bluetooth anything. Could be that it can drain my battery. Headphones, syncing my devices - I just don't like it. I only use it for my Fitbit and even that's pretty sporadic.

But you are right in saying that BT is the go-to wired accessory lineup for tech enthusiasts.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    06-02-2019 05:32 PM
61 123