Note 10 rumors- Will you be buying a Note 10 if they are true?

OTCHRussell

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Lack of an SD card is a deal breaker for me. When I switch phones I want to be able to switch the SD card. I don't want to be copying files all the time.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I bought an SD card but never put it in my 128gb Note 9. The note 10 should be enough for me, if rumors are true.

I also bought a $20 aux bluetooth device to try out in case I need that if I get the note 10. It seems to work attached to one of my inexpensive wired headphones or in my car. So far. Tried Netflix with the wired headphones attached to the aux device and the sound synced with the lips. In my car, I tried one downloaded song and then streaming music and it sounded good. Volume was loud. I'm not sure if it's any quicker or easier then an aux wire in my car.

So, if the rumors are true, I might still get a note 10.

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I was out kicking the tires on Note 9's today. Very disappointed in the direction the Note 10 is apparently going regarding memory and headphones. Maybe they should rename it to the iNote?

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I was out kicking the tires on Note 9's today. Very disappointed in the direction the Note 10 is apparently going regarding memory and headphones. Maybe they should rename it to the iNote?
INote.. hahaha
Don't give apple any ideas

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
So many good phones are coming out... I may hold off on getting the note 10.

What new phones look comparable to the Note 10 and are out within the next month?

Of course if you keep holding off for the better phone, you'll just keep waiting. A clickbait article (that I admit to clicking on), said the S11 wil be better and wait. Lol.
I'm sure another article will then say the Note 11 would even be better AND have the spen.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
What new phones look comparable to the Note 10 and are out within the next month?

Of course if you keep holding off for the better phone, you'll just keep waiting. A clickbait article (that I admit to clicking on), said the S11 wil be better and wait. Lol.
I'm sure another article will then say the Note 11 would even be better AND have the spen.

Doesn't have to be comparable. Maybe he's just waiting to see what's best for him. I'm doing the same thing. OnePlus is on my radar as well as Pixel 4 XL. But I feel I may jump ship from the Pixel line...I hate Google's direction now. And no I'm not waiting for the S11 lol.

knowledge775

Aug 15, 2018
Visit site

OnePlus 7 Pro has been out since May and is on par with the Note's specs. The Asus ROG II looks legit too with Snapdragon 855+ and 120 fps screen. Plus OnePlus usually releases a T series with better specs each year. So a OP7TP may be on the horizon. This is the first time where a new Note may not be the best phone on the market. Sammy got some competition this year...

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
But no pen with those phones. I'm a pen guy. However, I'm wondering what the Note 10 brings that can lure me from the Note 9. Losing the SD Card and Headphone jack is not a deal breaker, but not exactly a lure either. Starting to feel like a phone that loses as much as it gains.
OnePlus 7 Pro has been out since May and is on par with the Note's specs. The Asus ROG II looks legit too with Snapdragon 855+ and 120 fps screen. Plus OnePlus usually releases a T series with better specs each year. So a OP7TP may be on the horizon. This is the first time where a new Note may not be the best phone on the market. Sammy got some competition this year...

knowledge775

Aug 15, 2018
Visit site
But no pen with those phones. I'm a pen guy. However, I'm wondering what the Note 10 brings that can lure me from the Note 9. Losing the SD Card and Headphone jack is not a deal breaker, but not exactly a lure either. Starting to feel like a phone that loses as much as it gains.
All I am saying is this is the first time in a while that I am going to have to think about buying a Note phone. Usually, the Note is overpowered with all the bells and whistles. Not this year's Note though....

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Unless you must have a sPen, then your options are pretty limited

My option is very clear as I'm not really interested in any other phone without the pen, it's either stick with the Note 9 which has been and still is a solid phone for me, or the Note 10+ which may have the latest spec but are there enough features there to entice me with that huge price tag!

I very nearly kept my Note 8 and held out for this Note 10 but caved in at the last minute and got the Note 9, so Samsung had better come up with some fantastic deal for me to part with it this time.

As people have said, the Note has been the pinnacle of smartphones most years with the latest tech but this year it's more even with better competition and more phone manufacturers to compete with,
come on Samsung you can do better!

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
My option is very clear as I'm not really interested in any other phone without the pen, it's either stick with the Note 9 which has been and still is a solid phone for me, or the Note 10+ which may have the latest spec but are there enough features there to entice me with that huge price tag!

I very nearly kept my Note 8 and held out for this Note 10 but caved in at the last minute and got the Note 9, so Samsung had better come up with some fantastic deal for me to part with it this time.

As people have said, the Note has been the pinnacle of smartphones most years with the latest tech but this year it's more even with better competition and more phone manufacturers to compete with,
come on Samsung you can do better!
Same boat, except that I held onto the 8 and didn't give in to the note 9 temptation, the 10+ is really looking good to me now!

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I didn't cave to the Note 9. Figured I'd skip a generation, as I was perfectly happy with the N8. But in the face of the iNote changes, I bought a new N9 yesterday. SmartSwitch worked great from my N8 backup, and it's ready to go. I think I'll be hanging on to this one for a long time. The last of the Notes to have the headphone jack and expandable memory. Such a shame, as I was looking forward to the N10.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I didn't cave to the Note 9. Figured I'd skip a generation, as I was perfectly happy with the N8. But in the face of the iNote changes, I bought a new N9 yesterday. SmartSwitch worked great from my N8 backup, and it's ready to go. I think I'll be hanging on to this one for a long time. The last of the Notes to have the headphone jack and expandable memory. Such a shame, as I was looking forward to the N10.

"The last Note phone to have a headphone jack....."? Nothing is permanent concerning the presence or absence of such features in the smartphone market.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I thought I heard that the 10+ would have the micro SD card slot too.... I know just rumors at this point, but we'll know soon enough

knowledge775

Aug 15, 2018
Visit site
10+ with an 855+ Snapdragon, microsd slot and 4300 mAh battery makes me a happy camper. Wish we were getting a 90 fps or better display. But still very happy with the recently leaked specs.