[AT&T][GALAXY NOTE 2] ***How To Root***

bellamyepl

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: ***How To Root***

Reference Here
Use GooManager to install TWRP.
Must have custom recovery installed. I recommend the latest version of twrp.
Copy ROM to storage
Reboot to Recovery
Recommend Factory Reset in Recovery!
Flash ROM and Select Options!
Reboot to System
Profit!

I am downloading it right now at about 100 kbps, maybe the server is just busy.

Thank you for your help.. I woke up this morning and got it to download finally.. at around 800 kbps.. so must of been the server.. on to a new problem lol..

I already had twrp installed and made a backup or my current setup on my phone.. and I saved that to my phone storage and then moved it to my external sd card (because when you install a new rom you want to wipe everything so the backup would be wiped as well correct.. or am I wrong?).. so I have that backup.. hooked my phone to my computer this morning.. and first off.. it gives me an error of can't connect the phone to computer.. but after a few seconds it connects and I can interact with the storage and drag and drop as usual.. dragged the zip file to external sd card (and tried phone storage as well) and will start to transfer but after about 5 minutes it gives me an error that it can't do it and locks up and have to unplug the phone again.. am I supposed to put it in to twrp then connect it to the computer and drag it then?
Sorry for all the questions.. I have no clue how to do this.. I guess this stuff is easy for some, but surely not for me lol..

update: just tried to copy a text file just to see if I could do that.. and it won't even allow me to do that..

Last edited:

NavyVet420

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

HOW and where do you add the ROM? SD card or Storage? I ANSWERED my OWN question: Place the ZIP file on YOUR storage.. NOT SD card..

I was Finally able to get rooted and get CleanROM 3.3 installed

Now on 4.1.2 with CleanROM 3.3

However I don't have 4g just H+

Im in Arizona and they just put up new LTE towers in Phx.. anyone?:cool:

I have the SGN2 I317 on ATT..

Last edited:

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

HOW and where do you add the ROM? SD card or Storage? I ANSWERED my OWN question: Place the ZIP file on YOUR storage.. NOT SD card..

I was Finally able to get rooted and get CleanROM 3.3 installed
Now on 4.1.2 with CleanROM 3.3

However I don't have 4g just H+

Im in Arizona and they just put up new LTE towers in Phx.. anyone?:cool:

I have the SGN2 I317 on ATT..
You can flash zips from SD card as well saving lots of internal memory.
It always a good thing to have copy of original-1st recovery backup in Internal memory & SD card.

Clean rom 4.1.2 is international rom base thus H - H+ & 4G icons are the norm. When 4G icon displays your getting 4G lte data speed.

Here are some tweaks that mod data icons for Cleanrom.3.3:
xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][12/15] CleanROM 3.3 -★| Aroma! | JB 4.1.2! | Multi-View! | Fast! | Clean! |★-
xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][12/15] CleanROM 3.3 -★| Aroma! | JB 4.1.2! | Multi-View! | Fast! | Clean! |★-

Last edited:

NavyVet420

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

Ok Thank You for the info.. your links worked..

I will donate soon to those I used their links.. You deserve some recognition for what you do. I now have MV and its cool.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

Hello all!

Slingbox, question for you: remember I asked about the boot animations? You have me the link? Those aren't flashable are they?

Thanks much.

Oh, and what other roms are good for beginners with this device that you know of, if any?

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

And also, the status bar mods such as the ones by T84, are they good as the are based off clean rom?

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

Hello all!

Slingbox, question for you: remember I asked about the boot animations? You have me the link? Those aren't flashable are they?

Thanks much.

Oh, and what other roms are good for beginners with this device that you know of, if any?
Here are some great Boot animations created by Cleanrom developer , Backup & clear caches before flashing zip - Goo.im Downloads - Downloading CleanROM Boot Animation Collection - N2.zip

Cleanrom is the best for beginners & advance......The rom is tip top stable with lots of good.

JELLYTHUNDER 4.1.2 PERFECT STORM [XXDLL1] "BLACKOUT" RC1 would be my second choice.
ahu6yve6.jpg

[Rom/Port] [N7105XXDLL1] JellyThunder 4.1.2 "Blackout" RC1[12/20/2012] - xda-developers

Both statusbar data icon mods in my previous post are built from Cleanrom3.3 systemUI files.....the second mod being mine

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Here are some great Boot animations created by Cleanrom developer , Backup & clear caches before flashing zip - Goo.im Downloads - Downloading CleanROM Boot Animation Collection - N2.zip

Cleanrom is the best for beginners & advance......The rom is tip top stable with lots of good.

JELLYTHUNDER 4.1.2 PERFECT STORM [XXDLL1] "BLACKOUT" RC1 would be my second choice.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/17/ahu6yve6.jpg
[Rom/Port] [N7105XXDLL1] JellyThunder 4.1.2 "Blackout" RC1[12/20/2012] - xda-developers

Both statusbar data icon mods in my previous post are built from Cleanrom3.3 systemUI files.....the second mod being mine

Cool, I'm downloading the collection now.

And the ones you mentioned previous post. Is that the one you pm me?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, going to flash.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Got it, it Doesn't work with the Perseus Kernel. And then when I used it on the backup, the device became extremely laggy. I will wait on this one?

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I can no longer stream music to my car stereo via BT. I could connect to BT and use phone calls, but when I tried to play music via BT, it scanned and couldn't find any device.

I am rooted and running cleanROM 3.3.

Anyone having this problem?

Mikhailov

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I was never able to stream Blueooth audio even before root and flash. But then my Blueooth in my car never really played nicely with my iPhone either. Can't even voice dial, but can answer calls just fine.

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
OK Guys,
I found these videos on youtube and think this is the best way to see and learn how to Root and install TWRP custom recovery and CleanROM 3.3.
I'm a very visual learner and hope this helps anyone who are the same!

Step 1:
How to Root - Fast & Simple!
How To Root Galaxy Note 2 AT&T, Bell, Rogers, Telus I317 / I317M (EASIEST METHOD!) - YouTube

Step 2:
Install Custom Recovery TWRP 2.3 How to - It's Easy & FREE!
Samsung Galaxy Note II (2) Custom Recovery TWRP 2.3 How to - It's Easy and FREE - ItsBTsWorld - YouTube

Step 3:
Installing CleanROM 3.3 Part 1 - Must Watch..then Enjoy!
Samsung Galaxy Note II How to load a custom ROM CleanROM Part 1 - ItsBTsWorld - YouTube
Part 2 Installing ROM and ENJOY!!
Samsung Galaxy Note II How to load a custom ROM CleanROM Part 2 - ItsBTsWorld - YouTube

Hope this helps beginners and visual learners like ME!!:D

Last edited:

TheBigJMoney

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I thought I'd share my experiences for anyone who's on the fence about rooting their phone. I'll try to keep it short.

1. I have an AT&T Galaxy Note 2.
2. I came from several years with an iPhone and have experience "jailbreaking" my phone. However, I'm not a computer expert, so I can only follow the directions provided by others as I lack the skill set to create programs/mod's on my own.
3. Following the directions in this post and using a Mac I successfully rooted my Note 2 and applied the latest version of CleanRom with no problems whatsoever.
4. If you're hesitant like I was: a) Read the directions in this and accompanying posts very carefully and follow them to the letter. b) Watch the linked instructional videos fully before you take any action on your phone (most are under 10mins). c) Take your guidance (and mods) from established sites and users. d) Read through the comments to posts like this one to see if there are any problems people with your particular phone model have experienced. d) Go for it and enjoy your rooted phone.
5. The specific thing I wanted with a rooted phone was to move my large game files to my external SD card. Using a program I got on the Play Store called "GL to SD" I have been able to do so.

Many, many thanks to the OP for the clear directions and links.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how long it will take for Scott to come up with a rom based off what ever they throw out? I really don't want to go back to stock again. ..

cgordonn

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I have followed this thread and am happily running CleanROM 3.3 on my ATT GN2. I have it set up and tweaked just the way I want it and couldn't be more pleased. I understand that CleanROM has been updated to 3.5. How would I go about updating to the newest version of CleanROM...and...keep all my user data, system settings, etc...just as I have it set now?

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
That would suck. Just got a new Honda Accord and it has bluetooth. Love being hands free without having a thing in my ear. I don't even like using earbuds to listen to music

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I have followed this thread and am happily running CleanROM 3.3 on my ATT GN2. I have it set up and tweaked just the way I want it and couldn't be more pleased. I understand that CleanROM has been updated to 3.5. How would I go about updating to the newest version of CleanROM...and...keep all my user data, system settings, etc...just as I have it set now?

Can you just flash with the new rom, Override the old rom?

Or maybe back up, flash, then restore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1