[SPRINT] [GUIDE] How to ROOT and UNROOT The Sprint Note2

Drac151db

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I like the monster cables. I have had real good luck but they are more expensive. Just look for a heavier thicker chord. While this won't guarantee success, I have had good luck with the heavier thicker cords.

I will buy one soon and try the process again. I will let you know my progress after I buy the cord and try again.

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
OK, Noob with a few questions. Please forgive my ignorance on this, I'm trying to learn quick.

Is there a difference between the TWRP and CMW root kits? Is there a preference of one over the other? I am wanting to root my Sprint GN2 to add the tethering option to it but haven't really hacked a phone since I did it to my HTC Arrive and that didn't require Rooting so I am completely new to this. Prior to that, I did a few odd things with my Axim's but that was more add a program and solder a lead here and there kind of stuff.

Also, what's the one step root programs others have mentioned? I might be more inclined to use them since I really only want to add tethering.

And, in the instructions, it gave a link to the L900VPALJ1 to return the phone to stock. My phone has the L900VPAMA7 build on it. I saw some talk about MA7 but not where I get that version instead of the older one?

Lastly, once rooted, would I have to unroot the phone to get the latest updates and then re-root it again?

Thanks

MrsFrogger

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
I have tried 3 different tethering apps for wifi and can't get any of them to work on my phone, not sure if setting are wrong or what but please help!

mathkid76

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
So my rooted note 2 just said I have a systems update... what can I do to get that annoying notification to go away... or in other words can i do a systems update while rooted?

Rdean61

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Have I Bricked My Phone?
I've been unrooted for a while and froze many apps. Today, I realized I wasn't getting voice messages which I attriuted to something I froze. After trying to figure out whcih app to unfreeze, I decided to just do a factory data reset. WRONG choice, apparently. Phone booted but no keyboard, etc... So, I decide to unroot. Now the phone won't boot past "Samsung". Have I bricked it?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Have I Bricked My Phone?
I've been unrooted for a while and froze many apps. Today, I realized I wasn't getting voice messages which I attriuted to something I froze. After trying to figure out whcih app to unfreeze, I decided to just do a factory data reset. WRONG choice, apparently. Phone booted but no keyboard, etc... So, I decide to unroot. Now the phone won't boot past "Samsung". Have I bricked it?

Flash custom recovery in odin. Then while in custom recovery flash the chameleon fix zip. Found Here.

JonasAA85

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Help I followed the method up above for unrooting the Sprint note II to get the new OTA. The download for the firmware was unavailable. I downloaded it from here, https://hotfile.com/dl/182305355/9d60f16/L900VPALJ1_L900SPTALJ1_SPR_www.samsdroid.com.zip.html. It is stuck on on the Samsung Boot Screen. I tried to remove the battery and reboot it and still stuck. Did I download a bad file? I need help quick. I just want a working phone, how can I get out of this? Is my phone bricked?

EDIT--- UPDATE--- I got it to work by factory rest, gonna reroot and restore and retry the process all over again hope it works this time so I can update and keep everything.

Last edited:

bigpapa2001

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone i need help unrooting my note 2. I traded this phone and found that it was rooted with team win recovery and i dont know how to unroot it plz help?

bigpapa2001

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
im stuck and i need help i followed the unroot instructions but now my phone is stuck at the black screen with samsung and the blue flashing light any help im new to this so never done this before so im lost plz help.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
im stuck and i need help i followed the unroot instructions but now my phone is stuck at the black screen with samsung and the blue flashing light any help im new to this so never done this before so im lost plz help.

Boot into recovery and perform a factory reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude