[SPRINT] [GUIDE] How to ROOT and UNROOT The Sprint Note2

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I if followed this guide, what would it do to TWRP recovery? Because you're flashing the stock rom over it, wouldn't the stock rom overwrite TWRP?
P.S. Sorry I am a n00b. Still very new to this.

The old epic touch was sort of like that. But the Note2 stores it's recovery in its own partition. You can flash all the roms and kernels and your recovery will remain just the way it is.

Oraclize

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I originally wanted to root so I could wifi tether for free. And then I rooted my phone using this guide: How to Root Sprint Galaxy Note 2 SPH-L900! | Galaxy Note 2 Root!
Then about 3 days later an official OTA update came out and that is one of the reasons. And I know that you could just use toolbox to update but I just blew off the popup for a while. So one day, I got up in the morning and my phone wouldn't turn on, the red light would flash but it wouldn't actually turn on. I looked it up and some people were calling it the death note. But anyway, I didn't want to have to turn my phone in because I wasn't on stock ROM and my binary count was up. So I couldn't turn in, and now I want to unroot completely with no evidence at all. I feel that being rooted is too high of a risk for me right now because I don't know enough about the subject yet and I feel like I could mess up my phone, and I can't afford another. So I just want a completely stock phone with all of my contacts and stuff, and I want TRWP off also. And that's why I came to this forum, to ask for your help.

P.S. Once I got the "death note" I just put it in downloading mode and restarted the phone like that and it has been working fine ever since

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I originally wanted to root so I could wifi tether for free. And then I rooted my phone using this guide: How to Root Sprint Galaxy Note 2 SPH-L900! | Galaxy Note 2 Root!
Then about 3 days later an official OTA update came out and that is one of the reasons. And I know that you could just use toolbox to update but I just blew off the popup for a while. So one day, I got up in the morning and my phone wouldn't turn on, the red light would flash but it wouldn't actually turn on. I looked it up and some people were calling it the death note. But anyway, I didn't want to have to turn my phone in because I wasn't on stock ROM and my binary count was up. So I couldn't turn in, and now I want to unroot completely with no evidence at all. I feel that being rooted is too high of a risk for me right now because I don't know enough about the subject yet and I feel like I could mess up my phone, and I can't afford another. So I just want a completely stock phone with all of my contacts and stuff, and I want TRWP off also. And that's why I came to this forum, to ask for your help.

P.S. Once I got the "death note" I just put it in downloading mode and restarted the phone like that and it has been working fine ever since

You should be ok... let me look into something. Samsung updates could have released the ma7 stock tar by now. If so I will provide that link. Then when you go back to stock you will be fully updated.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
You should be ok... let me look into something. Samsung updates could have released the ma7 stock tar by now. If so I will provide that link. Then when you go back to stock you will be fully updated.

Edit: nope this is the most recent one... follow the direction in the unroot tab. I haven't unrooted my gn2 yet but I lost no data doing it this way on my gs3.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

mathkid76

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
hey so i just followed your instructions to root my note 2 on sprint (first time doing this) and I think i succeeded. The reason I rooted was to get access to the free wifi hotspot but I dont see any new app on my phone that will give me access. Any help?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
hey so i just followed your instructions to root my note 2 on sprint (first time doing this) and I think i succeeded. The reason I rooted was to get access to the free wifi hotspot but I dont see any new app on my phone that will give me access. Any help?

Rooting doesn't put any apps on your phone other than superuser. You will have to download and install Wi-Fi tethering just like everyone else. However, if you give me a couple of hours I will provide you a download for it. I am currently shopping....

Drac151db

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I tried to copy the teamepic....zip to the phone as instructed and I get an error in Windows that tells me "Cannot copy item: The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected." I am new to rooting and this is the first phone I have attempted to root. I appreciate the help, feedback, and patience as I embark into a new world!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
That is normally caused by a cheep usb cable. Samsung stock cables are not very good. If you have a external sdcard and a card reader on your computer, remove the card from the phone and put it in your card reader. Then copy the file to the card and reinsert the card into the phone.

If I were you, I would buy a new usb cord. If it is causing that error transferring the team epic file, I sure wouldn't trust it to flash the recovery file using Odin. If it messes up flashing recovery in Odin, it could brick your phone.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
How would I be able to tell the USB cable is good when buying one?

I like the monster cables. I have had real good luck but they are more expensive. Just look for a heavier thicker chord. While this won't guarantee success, I have had good luck with the heavier thicker cords.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34