[AT&T] Best Custom ROM

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I did use the search feature first, but nothing specific enough came up. So, here goes, "Which is the best Custom ROM for AT&T sgh-i317? and why?" please? thx. :)

- I would like to utilize the features the phone is "actually" capable of using. After the update 4.1.2, I didn't like the fact that I can't add any app to the multi-window pane.
-I would like to have the ability to do the things that Sammy says the phone can do, while att stymies it....
- I guess I just want as much usability as the phone is capable of.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Best Custom ROM

Ok, I did use the search feature first, but nothing specific enough came up. So, here goes, "Which is the best Custom ROM for AT&T sgh-i317? and why?" please? thx. :)

- I would like to utilize the features the phone is "actually" capable of using. After the update 4.1.2, I didn't like the fact that I can't add any app to the multi-window pane.
-I would like to have the ability to do the things that Sammy says the phone can do, while att stymies it....
- I guess I just want as much usability as the phone is capable of.

CleanROM 3.5.
You can do all that you mentioned, plus more

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

I dowloaded:
CleanRom 3.5
CleanRom SE 1.0
JediX
NOTEorious
& SAURom
I'm inclined to just install the SE, I think it's 3.5 with ATT features, but I'm not in a rush. So I figured I would ask here. Thanks Sqa4life!

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

I dowloaded:
CleanRom 3.5
CleanRom SE 1.0
JediX
NOTEorious
& SAURom
I'm inclined to just install the SE, I think it's 3.5 with ATT features, but I'm not in a rush. So I figured I would ask here. Thanks Sqa4life!

I tried the SE but didn't like it. It sucks memory faster than 3.5. Plus, I couldn't adjust the row/column for the home screen on the SE. So, I went back to 3.5 and stay :)

Memory never dropped below 1000MB on 3.5

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357432809979.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357432809979.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 69
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357432832224.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357432832224.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 68

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

I tried the SE but didn't like it. It sucks memory faster than 3.5. Plus, I couldn't adjust the row/column for the home screen on the SE. So, I went back to 3.5 and stay :)

Do you mean it sucks battery faster? Because this is an android device not a windows device. Memory is utilized differently unused memort is inefficient

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

CleanROM 3.3-very good
Cleanrom 3.5-uses more memory
Cleanrom ATT-not bad
Cleanrom Ace-so far very fast but if I run into issues I will report.

I'm using the Ace at the moment.

Sent from Note 2

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site

Like MatroxD I'm running Cleanrom Ace 4.0.5 that I grabbed last night, still working great, I've been heavy user all night/day long and I'm finally down to 15% battery after 18 hours... I'm considering that pretty good since I re-downloaded about 70 apps, setup all my home screens, settings, etc. and have been cooking facebook, internet, youtube, etc. all day long on wifi. So far no issues

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

Is there a way to backup the apps so we don't have to download/install them all again?
Like MatroxD I'm running Cleanrom Ace 4.0.5 that I grabbed last night, still working great, I've been heavy user all night/day long and I'm finally down to 15% battery after 18 hours... I'm considering that pretty good since I re-downloaded about 70 apps, setup all my home screens, settings, etc. and have been cooking facebook, internet, youtube, etc. all day long on wifi. So far no issues

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

What did you use to get the 5 column pages? Or is it part of the tweaks in the ROM?

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

Im using cleanrom att se. It works just fine. I like 0 bloat.

Also for those that change roms alot you might try titanium backup. It lets you restore apps and app data after wipe and rom install. . Took me about 3 minutes to restore 77 apps last night. When you restore only restore white and yellow2 apps. Red apps are data not compatible with your new rom. You will know what im talking about when you try it.

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

The Titanium Backup was the first thing I did when I rooted.

Also for those that change roms alot you might try titanium backup. It lets you restore apps and app data after wipe and rom install. . Took me about 3 minutes to restore 77 apps last night. When you restore only restore white and yellow2 apps. Red apps are data not compatible with your new rom. You will know what im talking about when you try it.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

So, do you delete or disable all the red stuffs?

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

Before the wipe do a full systen backuo with titanium backup. Designate your external sd card to hold the backup. Then after your wipe and rom install, first thing to do is go to playstore and download titanium backup. Click top right to restore then restore all apps with data. Next screen make sure only thw white and possible yellow apps..your designation here...are checked. This will install only this data. Dont worry about the red stuff. Its left over system data from the previos rom. If you install it expect problems with your phone. I know cuz I did it.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

Not meaning to Jack the thread, but quick question guys.... Are you running 64gb sd cards? The reason I'm asking is that I'm only running a 32 and would like to upgrade, but I'm just wondering (with my skeptical nature) if this transfer is going to loose some backups.

The media and other transfer I'm not worried about. I know I can just copy the complete structure from one card to the next, but this is going to smooth for me. I have a feeling of I do that, this will be the cause of issues?

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk

Admorris

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

Jedi XP8 with Nova Launcher and Perseus new kernel cannot be beat...as fluid as you'll ever get and good battery life.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

I am also running Sandisk's 32gb and was wondering the samething...
Not meaning to Jack the thread, but quick question guys.... Are you running 64gb sd cards? The reason I'm asking is that I'm only running a 32 and would like to upgrade, but I'm just wondering (with my skeptical nature) if this transfer is going to loose some backups.

The media and other transfer I'm not worried about. I know I can just copy the complete structure from one card to the next, but this is going to smooth for me. I have a feeling of I do that, this will be the cause of issues?

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk