[AT&T] Best Custom ROM

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Best Custom ROM

As far as I know they do? I thought (and I could be wrong) that it did in the source sheets? Hmmnn, lol, if not, then I don't have to worry then I guess! Lol! :p

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

Good deal! Thanks. Does it lose any of the S Pen or S Note functionality?
It's as the title says, very very clean, super fast and outstanding battery life. I have 5 customers ROMs installed on my SD card and this one is my favorite.

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Running CleanROM 3.5....fast, stable, bloat free, and just plain close to stock with all the features the phone should have from Samsung.

BTW- I have two 16gb SD cards one is back-up.:cool:

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

Running CleanROM 3.5....fast, stable, bloat free, and just plain close to stock with all the features the phone should have from Samsung.

BTW- I have two 16gb SD cards one is back-up.:cool:

Cool, thanks for the part about the sd cards.

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk

JayRatliff

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

CleanROM ACE 4.0.5
Note2Core OC kernel
Nova Launcher
Active Lock Sceen

I came from the iPhone world, this phone is AWESOME, loving the options and customization. Getting super battery life as well!

No problems with S Pen actions or any modems, have yet to run into anything issues.

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm confusing myself now.....Is Ace just the updated version of 3.5 to 4.0.5? Or is it different from the 3.5?
CleanROM ACE 4.0.5
Note2Core OC kernel
Nova Launcher
Active Lock Sceen

I came from the iPhone world, this phone is AWESOME, loving the options and customization. Getting super battery life as well!

No problems with S Pen actions or any modems, have yet to run into anything issues.

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

Thank you. After taking a look, I am wondering if I should Use the At&t.......but, I don't want at&t's crudware, so I should just use ACE.....ugh, I just need to do it.

JayRatliff

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

Thank you. After taking a look, I am wondering if I should Use the At&t.......but, I don't want at&t's crudware, so I should just use ACE.....ugh, I just need to do it.

All of the "bloatware" in the build is at your descretion: (install what you want and leave out what you don't want)

Aroma Installer Options:
System Mods: Lidroid / Wanam 23 toggle Mod, MultiWindow Control Mod
Boot Animation Support: Yes or No
Launchers: Stock TouchWiz, Touchwiz 5x4 layout, TouchWiz 5x6 Layout, Apex Launcher, Nova Launcher
AT&T and Samsung Apps: MyAT&T, AT&T Visual Voicemail, AT&T Messages, Kies, Samsung Photo Editor, Paper Artist, Polaris Office
App Stores:Google Play, Amazon App Store
File Manager: ES File Explorer or Stock File Manager
Google Apps: Gmail, Maps, Streetview for Maps, Talk, YouTube, Play Music, Gogle Now and Voice Search, Voice,
Misc Apps: Ad Blocking HOST file, Drop Box, Terminal Emulator, Adobe Flash

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

just upped both roms to my sd card.
Just so I am clear, I use goo to flash, then boot in safe mode, and install the new rom?
got it.http://www .you tube.com/ watch?v=b_knzq9w5ek....put in the spaces so it's not in the post.

Last edited:

JayRatliff

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

just upped both roms to my sd card.
Just so I am clear, I use goo to flash, then boot in safe mode, and install the new rom?
got it.http://www .you tube.com/ watch?v=b_knzq9w5ek....put in the spaces so it's not in the post.
*** NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DEVICE ***
I will post the instructions here, however, please follow the devs instructions when you load ROMs, different setups for different devs. They won't give you all the details, but you can scroll through XDA and find the breakdown of each instruction if you are unsure.

BACKUP YOUR ENTIRE SYSTEM FOR RECOVERY PURPOSES IN CASE YOU HAVE ISSUES

Install GooManager, grant it root access, then:
Press Settings
Install OpenRecoveryScript
Reboot (you now have TWRP referenced below)

Instructions for flashing found here:
Must have custom recovery installed. I recommend the latest version of twrp.
Copy ROM to storage
Reboot to Recovery (press the Volume Up + Home Button + Power Button and hold them)
Must wipe data and factory reset in Recovery. Failure to do so waves your "right" to support.
Restoring any data from any back up also waves all your right to support. Please don't bother posting in the thread!
Flash ROM and Select Options!
Reboot to System

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

Thank you! you mean if I screw up my phone, you won't fix it? ;-) I Love the Warning :)

Followed all the directions. Backed up 3 ways......JIC. Now, I just have to flash and install.....tonight, after the kids go to sleep. Let you know how I do. Thanks again!

I will post the instructions here, however, please follow the devs instructions when you load ROMs, different setups for different devs. They won't give you all the details, but you can scroll through XDA and find the breakdown of each instruction if you are unsure.

Press Settings

Must have custom recovery installed. I recommend the latest version of twrp.
Copy ROM to storage
Reboot to Recovery (press the Volume Up + Home Button + Power Button and hold them)
Must wipe data and factory reset in Recovery. Failure to do so waves your "right" to support.
Restoring any data from any back up also waves all your right to support. Please don't bother posting in the thread!
Flash ROM and Select Options!
Reboot to System

destefmx6

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

Press Settings

1.Must have custom recovery installed. I recommend the latest version of twrp.
2. Copy ROM to storage
3. Reboot to Recovery (press the Volume Up + Home Button + Power Button and hold them)
4. Must wipe data and factory reset in Recovery. Failure to do so waves your "right" to support.
5. Restoring any data from any back up also waves all your right to support. Please don't bother posting in the thread!
6. Flash ROM and Select Options!
7. Reboot to System

1. Done
2. Done
3. Will do
4. Will do.
5. Will do.
6. Will do.
7. Will do.
8. Thank You.