[AT&T] think i bricked my SGN2

stormsoflife

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
im new to the android community. i rooted my note 2 i317 using the exynos exploit because it looked easy enough. well everything was fine until i tried to change my font. after a reboot its stuck on the Samsung screen. i have wiped it but still wont leave the screen. i dont have a clue what to do. any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: think i bricked my SGN2

After the rom is installed and you reboot. It may take several minutes to boot the first time. This is normal. However as long as you have a custom recovery or have odin installed you can ALWAYS reinstall the rom or go back to stock.

Sent via Tapatalk

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

After the rom is installed and you reboot. It may take several minutes to boot the first time. This is normal. However as long as you have a custom recovery or have odin installed you can ALWAYS reinstall the rom or go back to stock.

Sent via Tapatalk

When I installed Jelly Bean on my OG Galaxy Tab 10.1 it took 45 minutes to boot into Android. No joke. I set the thing on a table after I got bored of staring at it. Came back awhile later and it was fine. But yeah hopefully you can get it into recovery or Odin and fix it.

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Did you fix it? Because I installed System Tuner Pro on my N2 and messed with the CPU (I never did this setting on my Skyrocket), and it's stuck on the Samsung screen now *facepalm*.

Edit: Okay, I did a battery pull and quickly (I mean, very quickly) got my phone into Download mode so I could fix it with Odin. Good to go :D

Last edited:

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

He said he was rooted and it was running fine. I usually make a backup after a successful root/rom in case I do something screwing around.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

For other people who have this issue, you can also use adb to push a rom to your phone and install it from recovery. Adb is a super useful thing to know. I recommend everyone reads on how to utilize this tool, and keeps a reference, if needed, around. If you can get a boot animation, there's usually a way to save it (not always).