[Any] Root Mod lightsaber sound SPen removal

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
That's cool. I wonder and am thinking, it should work with any sound file correct?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
That's cool. I wonder and am thinking, it should work with any sound file correct?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

In a .ogg format, yes. Found an awesome online mp3 to ogg converter, converted kingdom hearts theme to play on start up, matches my kingdom hearts boot up screen...

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Then you didnt do exactly as it reads.

This is a bit more advanced than a normal mod. If you cant do it then its too advanced for you.

There is no simpler way to explain it that video says. Also, did you do whst I said in my first post?

Sent via Tapatalk

Last edited:

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Doing exactly as the article and the video said and I still don't get any sound.

Basically, you replace the spen att and det sounds using root explorer and then you make sure it is selected in the spen menu.

Make sure your "system" volume is up.

zjaksn10

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Basically, you replace the spen att and det sounds using root explorer and then you make sure it is selected in the spen menu.

Make sure your "system" volume is up.

No, really? Can't get much easier than a video showing you step by step how to do it! Yet I still did not get any sound after fixing permissions in es file explorer. Went to xda and found a zip to flash.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
They must have recently had a flash file created. It didnt exist a month ago when I did it. Worked the very first try for me

Sent via Tapatalk

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
A flash file? Seriously? If you screw this up, you really don't need to be rooted...

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
A flash file? Seriously? If you screw this up, you really don't need to be rooted...

Kind of what I was thinking. I followed the directions word for word. Was fairly simple. It was my first mod but I got it done. Then I changed my rom and did it again and was even easier.

Sent via Tapatalk