Hey guys, was rooted since I got my phone. Had stock root then Jellybomb. I wanted to go back to stock so I did a triangle away then went into download with Odin to get back to stock. On first boot I got a Chameleon has stopped message, rebooted same thing, factory reset it & rebooted same thing, restored from a nandroid back and the damn message still is coming up! What do I do?

I see around others had the same message but I can't find what the resolution was. I'm thinking Triangle Away caused this?
    01-23-2013 12:50 PM
    Specifically read posts 65 and 67, but do try to read the entire thread as it talks about this issue and potential fixes. Pretty sure the final fix is in this thread.

HFA & Chameleon Errors Fix - Or revert to older firmware from LK8 - Page 7 - xda-developers
    01-23-2013 09:46 PM
    Specifically read posts 65 and 67, but do try to read the entire thread as it talks about this issue and potential fixes. Pretty sure the final fix is in this thread.

HFA & Chameleon Errors Fix - Or revert to older firmware from LK8 - Page 7 - xda-developers
    Thanks, after about hours of screwing around with my phone I found a way to fix it. After going back to stock from Jellybomb, on first boot you get the handsfree activation and chameleon error. It went away by doing the following. So many times I read in forums that someone has fixed a problem, yet they fail to document it to help others. (FYI- this worked for me so I hope it will work for others)

* On first boot, after you get the initial errors just ok out of them & install a new Chameleon (1).apk which I attached to this response.
    * Wait a few minutes and dial ##72786# where then the phone will auto reboot.
    * On second boot just leave the phone alone and let it do it's thing.
    * After a few minutes when it's settled down, reboot again and the error should go away.
    01-24-2013 09:16 AM
    Thanks, after about hours of screwing around with my phone I found a way to fix it. After going back to stock from Jellybomb, on first boot you get the handsfree activation and chameleon error. It went away by doing the following. So many times I read in forums that someone has fixed a problem, yet they fail to document it to help others. (FYI- this worked for me so I hope it will work for others)

* On first boot, after you get the initial errors just ok out of them & install a new Chameleon (1).apk which I attached to this response.
    * Wait a few minutes and dial ##72786# where then the phone will auto reboot.
    * On second boot just leave the phone alone and let it do it's thing.
    * After a few minutes when it's settled down, reboot again and the error should go away.
    Thank you!! That was a huge help and solved my problem.

This whole LK8 and MA5 thing has been quite a nightmare for me. I think I'll just stick with LJC until something official is released.
    02-02-2013 07:22 PM
    fyi- just installed the MA5 Stock Rooted .tar and it's running great, no problem and no chameleon message or any of that crap I had that started this thread.
    02-05-2013 08:55 AM
    This worked for me as well. Thank you kindly, sir.
    02-26-2013 12:14 PM
    Hyfr it worked like a charm
    03-03-2013 12:05 AM
    fyi- just installed the MA5 Stock Rooted .tar and it's running great, no problem and no chameleon message or any of that crap I had that started this thread.
    You won't get the chameleon error until you go back to LJC from MA5. It only happen when you go back not when you go forward. There is a true fix for it I will post later. Just flash it right after reviewing to LJC and you will not have any more chameleon errors.
    03-04-2013 08:55 AM
    DirtMcGirt
    This worked PERFECT !! Thank you so much !!!!!!
    03-17-2013 03:48 PM
    How do I install new chameleon??
    05-12-2013 11:22 AM
    thanks a bunch
    01-27-2014 04:12 AM