Love the CleanRom!@! 1.2v!@! Was wondering if the Samsung update app was disabled within the ROM? Went to check just the sake of curiosity, but nothing happens when I click "Software Update" in settings?
    01-23-2013 07:27 PM
    Once you root and change the recovery you can no longer use software update. Its because samsung uses stock recovery to update our phones, if it determines that software has changed then the update is disabled.

Why are you trying to update? 4.1.2 is the newest and thats what cleanrom 1.2 is built off of.

Sent via Tapatalk
    destefmx6 likes this.
    01-24-2013 01:37 PM
    I saw the Verizon update post and thought I would check.....I have this terrible habit of dismantling/deconstructing everything I own......My curiosity usually gets me in trouble.......On a positive note, I can build a lot of stuff! LOL :-)
    Once you root and change the recovery you can no longer use software update. Its because samsung uses stock recovery to update our phones, if it determines that software has changed then the update is disabled.

Why are you trying to update? 4.1.2 is the newest and thats what cleanrom 1.2 is built off of.

Sent via Tapatalk
    01-25-2013 03:25 PM
    I should partially retract my previous statement. You can update if you go back to stock firmware and unroot. However why would you want to? Anytime a new update comes out you are at the mercy of your carrier to update. Instead just wait till your favorite rom is updated with those new features and flash the rom yourself

Sent via Tapatalk
    destefmx6 likes this.
    01-25-2013 04:28 PM
    The CleanRom is excellent. I have no reason to update, and don't plan on unrooting. The old saying, "don't fix it if it ain't broke." I'm like OCD with things....Sometimes I think I break/screw em up, just so I can learn to fix em'. Thanks, appreciate your time.
    I should partially retract my previous statement. You can update if you go back to stock firmware and unroot. However why would you want to? Anytime a new update comes out you are at the mercy of your carrier to update. Instead just wait till your favorite rom is updated with those new features and flash the rom yourself

Sent via Tapatalk
    01-25-2013 08:56 PM