02-07-2013 03:25 AM
59 123
tools
    The rom is called cleanrom? Im a bit unclear on how to fix this. I do have titanium. Are you saying to uninstall jedi x and back up all the samsung apps etc and then rei stall jedi x?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    01-25-2013 04:04 PM
    I said screw it. Most of the samsung apps arent that great anyway. I unlike most people actually like s voice. So I went to 4 share and got it. Im sure ill fi d video hub and the samsung task manager widget there too. I have yet to find a good task manager that actually works properly!
    01-25-2013 04:23 PM
    Mark there is no such thing as 4g. It is a marketing term that describes the 4th generation of mobile wireless internet. Hspa and hspa+ is the actual technology the 4g describes. Your new rom is detecting these signals and telling you exactly which signal you are receiving. Lte is the upper end of the "4g" speed. From what I understand the signal will change alot to conserve power on your device. This is probably what you are seeing.

Sent via Tapatalk
    01-25-2013 04:58 PM
    No. Im saying that when jedi x installed it had the samsung apps pre removed just like the att bloatware most likely. Cleanrom 1.2 att SE gives you the choice during install on exactly which apps you want to install.

Btw there is a new post here by Itsaraid that gives a link to the samsung appstore. You can download the samsung appstore and a few others from it.

Sent via Tapatalk
    01-25-2013 05:03 PM
    Here is the content from that post.

Below is a link to the Samsung Photo Editor and Video Editor (Latest Versions) I am using the Photo Editor..its the Samsung App that everyone is raving about.

https://twitter.com/Note2Repository

Sent via Tapatalk
    01-25-2013 05:06 PM
    I checked out what he said and I don't see how you can actually download apps from the site unless im blind! I just see a how to get link
    I did find video hub and installed it. It gives me the error " invalid device id"
    Looks like several people have had the same issue. Surely I can figure out a way

01-25-2013 08:18 PM
    after rooting will I stop getting ATT updates? I am not sure if that a good thing or bad thing?

does any one knnow of a step by step guide to install CleanRom Ace for novice

thank
    01-26-2013 08:08 AM
    after rooting will I stop getting ATT updates? I am not sure if that a good thing or bad thing?

does any one knnow of a step by step guide to install CleanRom Ace for novice

thank
    Tonight or tomorrow a guide will be up...simply rooting will not stop updates. Putting on a custom rom will. But usually the rom builder will update their roms to reflect updated changes.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    01-26-2013 08:22 AM
    new law come out today no more unlocking rooting or jailbreaking your phone or they will brick your device
    01-26-2013 09:40 AM
    Where did you hear this?
    I started the process of rooting my htc jetstream tablet last night
    Took forever to unlock the boot loader. What a pain in the *** that was. I was 30 seconds away from starying the root and my laptop died. And my cord has a short so I have to wait till I get a new one

01-26-2013 09:50 AM
    new law come out today no more unlocking rooting or jailbreaking your phone or they will brick your device
    Rooting is fine. It is illegal to sim "unlock" and use your phone on another carrier.

01-26-2013 12:34 PM
    Rooting is fine. It is illegal to sim "unlock" and use your phone on another carrier.

yeee and you also belive in santa claus?????
    01-26-2013 01:34 PM

if u want to leave carier they cant stop u , pay the penalty and u fine to go whenever u want, rooting is where they loose big bucks couse u unlocking lots of stuff that u should be paying for it like free hotspot etc...
    01-26-2013 01:45 PM
    Rooting my htc jetstream is proving to be very challenging. I was able to inlock boot loader but im pretty much stuck

01-26-2013 01:50 PM
    yeee and you also belive in santa claus?????
    What are you talking about?

01-26-2013 03:12 PM
    if u want to leave carier they cant stop u , pay the penalty and u fine to go whenever u want, rooting is where they loose big bucks couse u unlocking lots of stuff that u should be paying for it like free hotspot etc...
    We are not talking about what carriers loose money on we are talking about what is or is not illegal. I have looked at your post history and it seems like you signed up just to argue with your conspiracy theory.

Also these companies are more concerned with keeping you in their service more than they are concerned about the $3.99 they lose a month on someone activating free hotspot.

01-26-2013 03:29 PM
    We are not talking about what carriers loose money on we are talking about what is or is not illegal. I have looked at your post history and it seems like you signed up just to argue with your conspiracy theory.

Also these companies are more concerned with keeping you in their service more than they are concerned about the $3.99 they lose a month on someone activating free hotspot.

DroidXcon I basically told him the same thing in another forum. I believe he is a troll. Just looking to argue.

Sent via Tapatalk
    01-26-2013 04:39 PM
    Sorry I posted on the wrong board! I meant to post on the htc board for my tablet ive been thinking of rooting too but im having second thoughts asbi cant find any good roms for it

01-26-2013 07:34 PM
    Tonight or tomorrow a guide will be up...simply rooting will not stop updates. Putting on a custom rom will. But usually the rom builder will update their roms to reflect updated changes.

If you remember please hit me up with a link when its available
    01-26-2013 09:57 PM
    Jasguild. What do you need help with? Im a forum junkie looking to help. Xda has everything you need to rom your phone. All roms are installed the same way. First you root. Then you install your recovery. Use goomanager for this. Its in the playstore. Goomanager will download and install the recovery for you. Once you have a recovery you can install the rom. Its stupid simple. Just download the rom to your phone. Load the recovery and there will be an option to flash the rom. Just point the recovery at where on the phone the new rom resides and it will do the rest. The phone restarts and you are done.

Sent via Tapatalk
    01-26-2013 11:31 PM
    Jasguild. What do you need help with? Im a forum junkie looking to help. Xda has everything you need to rom your phone. All roms are installed the same way. First you root. Then you install your recovery. Use goomanager for this. Its in the playstore. Goomanager will download and install the recovery for you. Once you have a recovery you can install the rom. Its stupid simple. Just download the rom to your phone. Load the recovery and there will be an option to flash the rom. Just point the recovery at where on the phone the new rom resides and it will do the rest. The phone restarts and you are done.

Sent via Tapatalk
    I think he wants a little more detail than xda gives without having to ask questions and get called a noob every 5 seconds.

For instance you don't mention wiping dallvik cache in the instructions you just gave. At the very least you should wipe dalvik to prevent boot loops. So he is looking for a step by step in that manner

Here is a guide I made for verizon version but if you follow directions in the twrp section you should be good. I plan on making a thread that is more universal

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=237940
    [How to] Use Custom Recoveries - Let the fun begin!
    01-26-2013 11:55 PM
    It wasnt meant to be a guide. More like an overview.

Btw I personally have never wiped the dalvik cache. I dont even know what it is. I read the forums for cleanrom and they say to do general wipe before the flash. So thsts all I have ever done. Never had a single problem. Not trying to be argumentative

Sent via Tapatalk
    01-27-2013 12:21 AM
    It wasnt meant to be a guide. More like an overview.

Btw I personally have never wiped the dalvik cache. I dont even know what it is. I read the forums for cleanrom and they say to do general wipe before the flash. So thsts all I have ever done. Never had a single problem. Not trying to be argumentative

Sent via Tapatalk
    You should wipe it next time you flash... You dont have the problem with cleanrom because it is close to what stock is and the same build but trust me in the future you want to wipe dalvik cache. In the thread I posted above I think I wrote up what it is

01-27-2013 12:25 AM
    Question...
    I have jedi x installed which I really like. But id also like to check out jellybam. Do I have to delete jedi x iff my phone memory in order to flash jellybam or can I have them both saved and just flash whichever rom I want when I want? Do I have 5o wipe data too whenbi do this or just wipe the cache and dalvik cache before I flash it? I just want to be cautious to make sure I dont do any harm.
    01-28-2013 06:23 PM
    You should wipe it next time you flash... You dont have the problem with cleanrom because it is close to what stock is and the same build but trust me in the future you want to wipe dalvik cache. In the thread I posted above I think I wrote up what it is

From what I read and understood, the cache are the temp files. If I do nothing else I wipe the cache now just out of habit.It then will rebuild the apps upon restarting the device.

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk
    01-28-2013 09:15 PM
59 123