[sprint only] toggle camera shutter sound no root

billard412

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
So while updating this for the SIII, I decieded to bring it to the note 2 and its easier than ever. Anyone familiar with my version of this for the s3 knows it involved using a odin one click (pictured below) and flashing the same system with the file needed to add the toggle already modified. Well in addition to waiting 15 mins to complete, the 700+ mb file was inconvenient too. So I have found a way to do this with a file less than 15mb and only takes about 1 min to complete. Download the exe, open it, boot the phone into download mode and click start. Then sit back while the phone does the rest.Phone will temp boot into my special recovery, changes the file needed to add the sound. Then undoes everything and boots up still unrooted with a "normal" status, no triggered count and a ON/OFF toggle in the camera. Think that covers it
l900mcv2.png

undo.png

This has been tested on my note 2 at least 10 times and works perfect but use at your own risk.
Also should add if your not rooted then you probably dont know how to fix your phone so DO NOT interrupt the process.

DOWNLOAD
!!SPRINT SPH-L900 ONLY!!

For those worried about this messing up OTA's or just wanting a way to go back. You can undo this mod with
THIS FILE HERE

Last edited:

aarongnp

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I just wanted to confirm that this worked for me. I now have the shutter sound toggle, and the app I've got that will not run when rooted (Good For Enterprise), still works.

No Shutter Sound, No Root, this is brilliant. Thanks!!!1!

Timanator

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Where is the camera volume toggle? I dont see that on my Sprint Note 2?

The program seems to run successfully but the phone does not auto reboot. When I reboot it says applying some application updates. But I dont see where I can toggle the camera sound?

Thanks.

Last edited:

billard412

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
If its not auto rebooting then its not working you should see a the box turn green and say pass. Your phone must be booted into downlioad mode to apply this(with the phone off hold volume down+home+power)The one-click probably doesn't see the phone. .While in download mode with the one click open, remove the cable and plug it back in.

bcbkw4

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Mine keeps failing. My phone is in download mode and everything. Whenever it gets to the cache.img line it stops and says it failed. What am I doing wrong?

billard412

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Sry for the delayed response. I can't imagine what's causing it to fail at cache? I will see if I can figure it out in the meantime (and this goes for anyone else experienceing this) feel free to contact me via Google talk and I can assist with any issues you may be having. Whenever it fails try pulling the battery and manually booting recovery via volume up home and power.

billard412

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
No files are deleted. The file changed is feature.xml and is located at /system/csc . One of the first few lines reads
<CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>false</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>
Change false to true

angelsrks51

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
So while updating this for the SIII, I decieded to bring it to the note 2 and its easier than ever. Anyone familiar with my version of this for the s3 knows it involved using a odin one click (pictured below) and flashing the same system with the file needed to add the toggle already modified. Well in addition to waiting 15 mins to complete, the 700+ mb file was inconvenient too. So I have found a way to do this with a file less than 15mb and only takes about 1 min to complete. Extract the one click from the self extracting archive, boot phone into download mode and click start. Then sit back while the phone does the rest.Phone will temp boot into my special recovery, changes the file needed to add the sound. Then undoes everything and boots up still unrooted with a "normal" status, no triggered count and a ON/OFF toggle in the camera. Think that covers it
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/sj22ksns3b...KF4WB5LPdnPtAxnmKggFj_Brse0xYVJDOv6-ojlA&dl=1

This has been tested on my note 2 at least 10 times and works perfect but use at your own risk.
Also should add if your not rooted then you probably dont know how to fix your phone so DO NOT interrupt the process.

The password on the archive is in ALL CAPS WITH SPACES as youll see. I know it seems like overkill but you make something dumbass proof and someone will make a better dumbass. So safety first.
DOWNLOAD
!!SPRINT SPH-L900 ONLY!!

Just curious where the updated download link is for the Galaxy SIII?

greyserf

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Just tried this on my Note II and it worked perfectly. Thanks so much! The shutter sound is something that has bothered me about the Samsung phones for a long time and I've been looking for a solution for years. So glad I came across this. Took less than two minutes to do starting from the Download time.

Quick question, is there any way to silence the popping noise during VIDEO recording? While the shutter sound is off now for the camera, when in video mode, it still makes a very loud popping noise when you start and stop recording.

wisty

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that this works! I am so excited that this is working now.

I originally rooted my phone and tried to change the "false" to "true" and it didn't work. It still made the shutter sound. So went back to stock unrooted and reset using triangle away.

I then used this and everything worked perfectly!!!

After talking with sprint customer care they said that they now don't allow the shutter sound to be silenced due to privacy concerns. So I am guessing that all their newer phones will have this option disabled.

Thank you again for your hard work and creating this great tool!!!!!

greyserf

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
This has actually been Sprint's policy with Samsung phones for several years. It isn't however their policy on other phones. I know that the iPhone 5 isn't forced to make a shutter sound.

I can confirm that this works! I am so excited that this is working now.

I originally rooted my phone and tried to change the "false" to "true" and it didn't work. It still made the shutter sound. So went back to stock unrooted and reset using triangle away.

I then used this and everything worked perfectly!!!

After talking with sprint customer care they said that they now don't allow the shutter sound to be silenced due to privacy concerns. So I am guessing that all their newer phones will have this option disabled.

Thank you again for your hard work and creating this great tool!!!!!

billard412

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
This has actually been Sprint's policy with Samsung phones for several years. It isn't however their policy on other phones. I know that the iPhone 5 isn't forced to make a shutter sound.

The reason iphone is not forced into this is that Apple has all the carriers under contract saying they cannot modify the device. Basically apple won't let them touch they're precious iphone. Samsung on the other hand has they're nuts in the carrier vice and will do whatever the carrier wants. Hence all the s4's having a locked bootloader. And this of course

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech