12-11-2013 11:45 AM
55 123
tools
    Can you post the link that you used to get the files for the Samsung Galaxy S3 in order to turn off the shutter sound?
    THanks!
    05-20-2013 09:28 PM
    Sorry New to this. Do you do this download to your computer or your cell phone? Then what it's the next step?
    Thanks
    05-20-2013 11:19 PM
    Sorry New to this. Do you do this download to your computer or your cell phone? Then what it's the next step?
    Thanks
    You download to your computer then connect your phone with usb debugging on. Make sure you have the drivers installed before you start.

My phone got an update but it failed to install. My guess is because I modified that file. So how do I revert the files without having root so I can update; or will I have to factory reset?
    billard412 likes this.
    05-21-2013 12:25 AM
    Can you post the link that you used to get the files for the Samsung Galaxy S3 in order to turn off the shutter sound?
    THanks!
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/report.php?p=2664372 but be warned it has not been updated to the latest firmware (md4) yet. Im working on it

You download to your computer then connect your phone with usb debugging on. Make sure you have the drivers installed before you start.
    Thank you for answering that

My phone got an update but it failed to install. My guess is because I modified that file. So how do I revert the files without having root so I can update; or will I have to factory reset?
    Flash this one-click the same way
    http://rwilco12.com/Files/Devices/Sa...ock_Nodata.exe
    No data wipe required.

And hang in there updates to the newest fw are coming. working on a lot of s3/n2 projects and its a tad overwhelming. I didnt forget about this tho
    05-21-2013 02:33 AM
    Thanks Propane Tank. I did the steps you told me to but, can get it to work? I downloaded the zip on to my computer, opened up the software. Then plugged my phone to the usb. im pretty good with electronics but can't seem to make this work. Im able to run a test but, doesn't seem to link to the Note II?
    05-22-2013 03:19 AM
    You have to reboot your phone into download mode. I think its power+vol down (or up) and maybe the home button. Can't remember for sure. You are on the Note II?
    05-22-2013 12:30 PM
    THE LINK FOR THE DOWNLOAD SUCKS ..... it barely downloads please re upload to a mirrored site please..
    05-27-2013 03:11 PM
    I wish I would have read this two days ago. My phone required an update but it kept failing when trying to install. I couldn't figure out what was wrong and after trying multiple times, I reset my phone and it still wouldn't work. I wondered if it had to do with modifying the file for the shutter click. I ended up having to take it to the store where they had to do a wipe in order to get the update to install.

Is there a way to confirm that this mod to the shutter IS the reason that the update wouldn't take? And has anyone tried to the one-click with the no data wipe required and can confirm it worked? It will be good to know for the future.

And I look forward to an update regarding the shutter sound toggle for the new upgrade. I hate taking photos with the shutter sound as loud as it is, but will wait for the update. Thanks for all your hard work!

http://forums.androidcentral.com/report.php?p=2664372 but be warned it has not been updated to the latest firmware (md4) yet. Im working on it

Thank you for answering that

Flash this one-click the same way
    http://rwilco12.com/Files/Devices/Sa...ock_Nodata.exe
    No data wipe required.

And hang in there updates to the newest fw are coming. working on a lot of s3/n2 projects and its a tad overwhelming. I didnt forget about this tho
    06-04-2013 09:17 PM
    Please don't do it, it jacked my phone all the way up, it erased my backup, it also made my rooted phone get unrooted, and i had to erase everything and start all the way over. Thanks buddie
    06-05-2013 10:13 PM
    Any updates on this? Would love to be able to silence the camera on the latest update. Thanks again!
    06-22-2013 07:17 PM
    Good thing I read through the entire thread. Awesome that someone figured out how to do this without root! I too would like to do this, once it's compatible with the most recent Sprint ROM. Although I understand Sprint's policy for removing that toggle, I hate not having choices (especially with all my young nieces and nephews that we love taking pics of while they're sleeping).
    06-24-2013 07:16 PM
    Any chance there will be an update on this?
    08-18-2013 03:20 PM
    Any chance there will be an update on this?
    I'm sorry for the delay. It has been updated to work with mc2. It is also no longer password protected. Also changed the bit.ly link to something easier to remember so non-members of the site can download as well
    08-19-2013 03:51 AM
    I'm sorry for the delay. It has been updated to work with mc2. It is also no longer password protected. Also changed the bit.ly link to something easier to remember so non-members of the site can download as well
    Thanks so much! Appreciate all the hard work! Quick question. Do you know if this will effect auto updates? The last time I had difficulty getting the newest update and I had to wipe and factory reset my phone to get the latest update. Will this mod do the same thing? Will I need to flash a rom in order to get any updates? (I didn't know this last time and had to take it into a store to have them update which took them several hours). Just wanting to be prepared for next time! Thanks again for everything you do!
    08-19-2013 04:13 AM
    Thanks so much! Appreciate all the hard work! Quick question. Do you know if this will effect auto updates? The last time I had difficulty getting the newest update and I had to wipe and factory reset my phone to get the latest update. Will this mod do the same thing? Will I need to flash a rom in order to get any updates? (I didn't know this last time and had to take it into a store to have them update which took them several hours). Just wanting to be prepared for next time! Thanks again for everything you do!
    no this shouldn't affect auto updates. The reason that happened was due to the phone receiving an update and people continued to use this outdated fix. That problem should be solved but please, if something similar happens don't hesitate to message me for help
    08-19-2013 12:05 PM
    This ain't workin'.....

I just grabbed the latest... booted into download mode.... and started up the exe, and clicked Start. It started and finished instantaneously, looked like it only did an MD5 check. (Phone didn't reboot, still said "Downloading...")
    I closed and re-opened the exe, and clicked Start.... and this time it hung for a long time...... It said "Please Wait..." and Windows said the process was Not Responding. I gave it a good 15 minutes before pulling the plug, and popping the battery. Thank FSM my phone rebooted normally and wasn't bricked...
    08-19-2013 01:20 PM
    This ain't workin'.....

I just grabbed the latest... booted into download mode.... and started up the exe, and clicked Start. It started and finished instantaneously, looked like it only did an MD5 check. (Phone didn't reboot, still said "Downloading...")
    I closed and re-opened the exe, and clicked Start.... and this time it hung for a long time...... It said "Please Wait..." and Windows said the process was Not Responding. I gave it a good 15 minutes before pulling the plug, and popping the battery. Thank FSM my phone rebooted normally and wasn't bricked...
    The one click just froze the second time. It never actually did anything to the phone. Just try again its not going to brick the phone. When it went through the steps instantaneously and the phone didn't reboot its because the phone wasnt detected. Remove the cord and reinsert before clicking start. A yellow box will appear if the phone is detected. I gave this to somebody via Twitter before I posted here. It worked just fine for me and that person
    dizzwave likes this.
    08-19-2013 06:59 PM
    IT WORKS... Thank you dude...... ^_^

I had to
    1) install Samsung drivers on my computer
    2) run Odin as administrator

Perfecto! Nice quiet camera! Thanks............
    08-21-2013 05:23 PM
    Thank you so much! I, too, downloaded and installed the Samsung drivers, plugged the phone in via USB, and then restarted the phone in download mode. As soon as it was ready, I clicked start on this program and everything went according to the description in the original post. The phone restarted, and my camera had a shutter sound option in the camera app. I turned it off, and my phone is silent. I've waited YEARS for this. Again, thanks so much for these instructions!
    08-26-2013 06:59 PM
    Reversal one click to undo this mod now posted in the op
    drexappeal and powered195 like this.
    08-29-2013 01:44 AM
    Worked great for me! Downloaded and added to my phone in less than a minute! Fast and easy. Thanks so much for everything!
    drexappeal likes this.
    09-01-2013 01:38 PM
    Got it working thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails [sprint only] toggle camera shutter sound no root-untitled.jpg  
    09-05-2013 02:24 AM
    Thanks for this post my camera without shutter sound is working great. Btw I'm not sure about your sprint GN2 but mine has problem locking gps connection. Do u recommend a fix for it?

Posted via Android Central App
    09-06-2013 01:13 AM
    Thanks for this post my camera without shutter sound is working great. Btw I'm not sure about your sprint GN2 but mine has problem locking gps connection. Do u recommend a fix for it?

Posted via Android Central App
    Well sprint shut me off so my gn2 is a wifi only device right now. Can't say I have any issues now on wifi but when I had service, it was always to crappy to get a solid gps lock. I would look around xda for a fix but since you're not rooted or anything a factory reset is probably a good place to start.
    raju130000 likes this.
    09-06-2013 01:50 AM
    Works Great and super easy. easiest mode I have done, thank you.
    10-01-2013 03:24 PM
55 123