12-11-2013 11:45 AM
55 123
tools
    Worked great! I rooted my Sprint Note 2 and manually changed the false to true. The toggle wouldn't stop the shutter sound, but it did stop the focus sound. After I installed this, the shutter toggle works. My last resort would have been changing the media file name for the shutter, which works but less convenient.
    10-12-2013 09:27 PM
    Thank YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

For people that are not into rooting or doing custom stuff to their phones, you made this super easy!!! I could squeeze you so tightly right now!
    10-19-2013 05:08 AM
    So while updating this for the SIII, I decieded to bring it to the note 2 and its easier than ever. Anyone familiar with my version of this for the s3 knows it involved using a odin one click (pictured below) and flashing the same system with the file needed to add the toggle already modified. Well in addition to waiting 15 mins to complete, the 700+ mb file was inconvenient too. So I have found a way to do this with a file less than 15mb and only takes about 1 min to complete. Download the exe, open it, boot the phone into download mode and click start. Then sit back while the phone does the rest.Phone will temp boot into my special recovery, changes the file needed to add the sound. Then undoes everything and boots up still unrooted with a "normal" status, no triggered count and a ON/OFF toggle in the camera. Think that covers it

This has been tested on my note 2 at least 10 times and works perfect but use at your own risk.
    Also should add if your not rooted then you probably dont know how to fix your phone so DO NOT interrupt the process.

DOWNLOAD
    !!SPRINT SPH-L900 ONLY!!

For those worried about this messing up OTA's or just wanting a way to go back. You can undo this mod with
    THIS FILE HERE
    Thank you for putting this out, I just did 4.3 upgrade and to my surprise it still doesn't have shutter off option by default. Is this update been tested for 4.3?

Posted via Android Central App
    11-25-2013 09:12 AM
    Thank you for putting this out, I just did 4.3 upgrade and to my surprise it still doesn't have shutter off option by default. Is this update been tested for 4.3?

Posted via Android Central App
    I will test and let you know. I think it'll be safe but I'd rather confirm b4 anybody tried. And I noticed on my n2 that even though there's no toggle, turning the volume all the way down does now mute the shutter.
    11-26-2013 01:46 PM
    Any news on if this works with the latest update? Just received an update notice from Sprint. Still had an issue with the Autoupdate not working. Uninstalled and will see if the update will take now. I see that volume off now turns off the shutter sound but wondering if the MOD will still work for a more permanent fix. Thanks.
    12-11-2013 11:45 AM
55 123