[sprint only] toggle camera shutter sound no root

billard412

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
will this work with the most recent phone update? I have Android Version 4.1.2

It will, the only issue with using it on the newest update is that your phone will THINK its on the older build and you'll be nagged to update. Other than that its fine on the newest fw. With that said Im hoping to have a fix up today/tmw and if u choose to use this in the meantime just apply my update when i post it and it will fix the update nag.

TheOhmRanger

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi, this looks great, thanks for the coding. The camera sound is the only thing I don't like about my phone.
My note II isn't with Sprint, I live in Australia and have a stock Optus issue handset. Will this work for me?

raymond71

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey thanks alot!! i just downloaded this into my phone and it works perfectly. Appreciate the effort you put in to this to figure it out.:D

Last edited:

raymond71

May 16, 2013
Visit site
It will, the only issue with using it on the newest update is that your phone will THINK its on the older build and you'll be nagged to update. Other than that its fine on the newest fw. With that said Im hoping to have a fix up today/tmw and if u choose to use this in the meantime just apply my update when i post it and it will fix the update nag.

Have you found a fix yet for the update message? I just downloaded this and already its asking me to update.

Propane Tank

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Sorry New to this. Do you do this download to your computer or your cell phone? Then what it's the next step?
Thanks
You download to your computer then connect your phone with usb debugging on. Make sure you have the drivers installed before you start.

My phone got an update but it failed to install. My guess is because I modified that file. So how do I revert the files without having root so I can update; or will I have to factory reset?

billard412

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Can you post the link that you used to get the files for the Samsung Galaxy S3 in order to turn off the shutter sound?
THanks!
http://forums.androidcentral.com/report.php?p=2664372 but be warned it has not been updated to the latest firmware (md4) yet. Im working on it

You download to your computer then connect your phone with usb debugging on. Make sure you have the drivers installed before you start.
Thank you for answering that

My phone got an update but it failed to install. My guess is because I modified that file. So how do I revert the files without having root so I can update; or will I have to factory reset?
Flash this one-click the same way
http://rwilco12.com/Files/Devices/S...estore/Unrooted/SPH-L900_MC2_Stock_Nodata.exe
No data wipe required.

And hang in there updates to the newest fw are coming. working on a lot of s3/n2 projects and its a tad overwhelming. I didnt forget about this tho

POLO1374

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Propane Tank. I did the steps you told me to but, can get it to work? I downloaded the zip on to my computer, opened up the software. Then plugged my phone to the usb. im pretty good with electronics but can't seem to make this work. Im able to run a test but, doesn't seem to link to the Note II?

Propane Tank

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
You have to reboot your phone into download mode. I think its power+vol down (or up) and maybe the home button. Can't remember for sure. You are on the Note II?

greyserf

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I wish I would have read this two days ago. My phone required an update but it kept failing when trying to install. I couldn't figure out what was wrong and after trying multiple times, I reset my phone and it still wouldn't work. I wondered if it had to do with modifying the file for the shutter click. I ended up having to take it to the store where they had to do a wipe in order to get the update to install.

Is there a way to confirm that this mod to the shutter IS the reason that the update wouldn't take? And has anyone tried to the one-click with the no data wipe required and can confirm it worked? It will be good to know for the future.

And I look forward to an update regarding the shutter sound toggle for the new upgrade. I hate taking photos with the shutter sound as loud as it is, but will wait for the update. Thanks for all your hard work!

http://forums.androidcentral.com/report.php?p=2664372 but be warned it has not been updated to the latest firmware (md4) yet. Im working on it

Thank you for answering that

Flash this one-click the same way
http://rwilco12.com/Files/Devices/S...estore/Unrooted/SPH-L900_MC2_Stock_Nodata.exe
No data wipe required.

And hang in there updates to the newest fw are coming. working on a lot of s3/n2 projects and its a tad overwhelming. I didnt forget about this tho

djrob87

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Please don't do it, it jacked my phone all the way up, it erased my backup, it also made my rooted phone get unrooted, and i had to erase everything and start all the way over. Thanks buddie

drexappeal

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Good thing I read through the entire thread. Awesome that someone figured out how to do this without root! I too would like to do this, once it's compatible with the most recent Sprint ROM. Although I understand Sprint's policy for removing that toggle, I hate not having choices (especially with all my young nieces and nephews that we love taking pics of while they're sleeping).

greyserf

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry for the delay. It has been updated to work with mc2. It is also no longer password protected. Also changed the bit.ly link to something easier to remember so non-members of the site can download as well

Thanks so much! Appreciate all the hard work! Quick question. Do you know if this will effect auto updates? The last time I had difficulty getting the newest update and I had to wipe and factory reset my phone to get the latest update. Will this mod do the same thing? Will I need to flash a rom in order to get any updates? (I didn't know this last time and had to take it into a store to have them update which took them several hours). Just wanting to be prepared for next time! Thanks again for everything you do!

billard412

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much! Appreciate all the hard work! Quick question. Do you know if this will effect auto updates? The last time I had difficulty getting the newest update and I had to wipe and factory reset my phone to get the latest update. Will this mod do the same thing? Will I need to flash a rom in order to get any updates? (I didn't know this last time and had to take it into a store to have them update which took them several hours). Just wanting to be prepared for next time! Thanks again for everything you do!
no this shouldn't affect auto updates. The reason that happened was due to the phone receiving an update and people continued to use this outdated fix. That problem should be solved but please, if something similar happens don't hesitate to message me for help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech