How to reflash stock recovery?

Kingcarter72

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for ignorance with this topic. I recently purchused a used note 2 on the verizon network, not wanting to upgrade and lose my unlimited data. The GN2 must have been previously rooted but no longer is, however it does still list as modified due to TWRP flashed. How do I remove the TWRP and go back to stock recovery. If it is possible to update with the 4.1.2 OTA with TWRP I guess would also solve my problem. Sorry for the long windedness. I currently have the OTA deferred for 5 days.
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for ignorance with this topic. I recently purchused a used note 2 on the verizon network, not wanting to upgrade and lose my unlimited data. The GN2 must have been previously rooted but no longer is, however it does still list as modified due to TWRP flashed. How do I remove the TWRP and go back to stock recovery. If it is possible to update with the 4.1.2 OTA with TWRP I guess would also solve my problem. Sorry for the long windedness. I currently have the OTA deferred for 5 days.

Are you sure it still has twrp? It could possibly be completely stock and still have modified in the about phone. Once you root it with twrp or cwm it will always say modified in the about phone/status menu.

The only way to get rid of that is to reroot your phone and complete a mod. After doing the mod you will have to use triangle away and immediately return to stock.

This is (of course) if the mod is even available for the Verizon phone.

Have you booted into recovery and actually checked which recovery you have? Or are you just assuming that it is twrp because it says modified in the about phone?

Kingcarter72

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
No I first noticed when I allowed the update. It rebooted into teamwin. I actually rerooted the phone. I figured I might as well have some fun with it since I was kinda forced to learn about rooting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance