Hello everyone.
    I'm new here, also from the UK. As such, I'm not with any of the company's like Verizone etc,so I dont really know where to post this. If someone can re-direct me, and I'll re-post there
    My post is about the Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
    i have been really unhappy with the phone, and wandering if an one else feels like this. Thing is this phone is really expensive, and I can not just go out and buy a new 1 because this 1 'hurts my hands ' lol.
    My problem isn't very big , but I would still appreciate some feedback. I just feel conned especially by the company who holds my contract. I will basically be paying 200 more than the actual phone is worth (600).
    Note II wasnt really very long in the UK and now theyve come out with S4. I feel the S4 & S3 are kind of the same, so that doesnt matter.
    i tested out the Note 1 when it came out, I never had problems like I do now with the Note 2. It doesnt connect to my any PC via USB.
    Also my hand goes very numb when holding it with 1 hand and using the S-Pen. Im an artist and it was m main reason for the phone.I dont mean to offend any fans of this phone. Believe me I was 1 of them, but after a month I realized I was just in denial (lol weird I know its just a phone!) and that it isn't at all practical. Im most annoyed at myself because I had the Note 2 & tested it. It wasnt very long so I couldnt of noticed the hand numbness. Does anybody else hands go numb when using the S-Pen for writing or drawing for more than 10 minutes?
    This all sounds superficial, theyre not major problems . The phone is good and Im the market they aimed for, but Im not happy with the phone. The contract was knocked down from 34 to 32, still very expensive for something that isnt very useful. Everything it can do S3 and now S4. I will probably have to end up buying an S-Pen holder so the pen doesnt make my hands hurt so much, but its really expensive. if I knew that this would happen, I really wish I went with s3 or s4. Does anyone know of any options I can try/
    Yes, I know that this sounds tedious compared to people experiencing actual problems with their phones, I do apologies. But please remember, Im paying a lot of money for this phone, and really cant justify if there are better options, especially in the UK when the better phones are actually cheaper...
    The phone is too big, my hands are normal size. When I take it out in public its not that bad people do confuse it with an S3 (as I used to lol). But its not practical at all. ESPECIALLY when Im in a rush. I have to use 2 hands just to make sure I selected the right thing, even when in the useless '1 hand operation'. Fact that it needs that, should of told me me something when I tested it.
    Also I say it again, i dont want to offend people who are happy with what they chose. I know its not very good, when you choose something and end up hating it...especially when it costs money lol!
    05-12-2013 05:07 PM
    1. This post really belongs in the general samsung note 2 page.
    2. I hear alot of complaining and I would assume that since there have been 41 views and i am the first to reply then others dont feel the same as you.
    3. If you wanted a small phone you should have bought a small phone.
    4 This phone can do everything an s3 can do which it can but the s3 cant do everything the note 2 can do.
    5. How is the phone or pen hurting your hand? Oh i see, Your holding it wrong....
    6. You didnt pay anymore than anyone else in your region payed. If you dont like it take it back or sell it. Its an extremely popular phone so someone may buy ot off you.
    7. Other than its size, alot of your complaints are minor and can be fixed through external apps.
    8. How much time did you really spend playing with thing before you bought it. Your complaints are my favorite things about it.
    9. You might be better off with an iphone.
    10. Did you test this phone at all before purchase?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    MaoTzu likes this.
    05-13-2013 12:52 PM
    1. This post really belongs in the general samsung note 2 page.
    2. I hear alot of complaining and I would assume that since there have been 41 views and i am the first to reply then others dont feel the same as you.
    3. If you wanted a small phone you should have bought a small phone.
    4 This phone can do everything an s3 can do which it can but the s3 cant do everything the note 2 can do.
    5. How is the phone or pen hurting your hand? Oh i see, Your holding it wrong....
    6. You didnt pay anymore than anyone else in your region payed. If you dont like it take it back or sell it. Its an extremely popular phone so someone may buy ot off you.
    7. Other than its size, alot of your complaints are minor and can be fixed through external apps.
    8. How much time did you really spend playing with thing before you bought it. Your complaints are my favorite things about it.
    9. You might be better off with an iphone.
    10. Did you test this phone at all before purchase?

I think the phone is too big as well. I don't think it's a reason to get rid of it and it hasn't caused me any pain but it is too big for me. There is hardly anything I can do one handed on this.

If the rumors are true that the next note will have a screen a half inch larger than the gn2, I won't be getting it. This is absolutely as big a phone as I will get.

Don't tell me to get an iphone....
    05-14-2013 11:29 AM
    Lol iphones... kids toys compared to the note 2. Ill agree it is a little large, and I do infact use 2 hands for almost all tasks I do with it. However, I knew how big it was before I bought it. My father bought his a week before I did and I got to use his for several days before purchase. I cant imagine going to anything smaller and at this point I just dont see a need to upgrade past this.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk
    05-14-2013 08:22 PM
    Great response!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk
    I never said I disliked it. I said this was the absolute max size I would go. Would I have preferred a phone closer to the size of the gs4? Yes. But I didn't want to wait for it.

I can consider the phone to be too big but still like it.
    05-15-2013 09:17 PM
    if the phone is too big, there's not software/hardware/case etc that can help you here. it just simply isn't egronomically designed to fit your physical needs and interface with the phone. The only solution is to swap this phone with a smaller phone. If you like Samsung Galaxy phone's interface and UI, the next logical steps are to consider the S3 or S4.

Certainly, you need to go to your mobile carrier's store to test-hold the replacements before you buy.

Just to note, in consideration for phone size, I'm sure Samsung considered average hand sizes of the key markets and deducted that this is the current acceptable size for a handheld device. It's quite easy research to conduct as a lot of information is being held by apparal makers...just saying, I'm sure a lot of thought was put forth in figuring out optimum size.

That said, for me the device is about 1/2 inch too big for optimum single hand function (for me of course), each person needs to test hold this phone for purchase, b/c ymmv.
    05-16-2013 11:07 AM
    The Galaxy Note 2 is, for me, a PERFECTLY sized phone (I do have, I believe, slightly larger than average sized hands), and I LOVE it!

Before purchasing it, you should've tried it out in your hands to get a feel for it.
    05-25-2013 05:21 PM
    I love Note 2! think I can't switch back to iphone after using it! though I got some problem when operating it single hand during driving.
    You may opt for Galaxy S4 if you like a bit smaller size. Now I'm using it and feel great about its slim and light weight.
    06-12-2013 08:45 AM
    Most importantly, before you purchase a phone, decide everything you want in it. 1)Size 2)app availability 3)web searching. 4) Memory.......etc. I think it is also important to go to the store and play around with it just to make sure it is definitely what you want. These smartphones cost alot of money, so be sure you get what you want before you purchase.
    06-19-2013 12:06 PM
    It is too big for some people that have small hands. You knew the size of the phone before you bought it so what did you expect? As far as it making your hand go numb I don't know what to tell you. That's the first time I've heard that one. Maybe you have poor circulation? I see where you're coming from though. Maybe time to check out a smaller phone? As far as the price you're right that is kind of high, but you agreed to it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    06-19-2013 12:24 PM
    The rude and inappropriate comments in this thread are not warranted. The OP asked a legitimate question and was polite about it. There was no need for some of the replies that he has been given.

Jennifer Stough
    Forums Moderator
    Device: Droid DNA unlocked, s-off, rooted, running Hatka Supreme Sense 5.0, Android 4.1.2
    06-19-2013 12:30 PM
    Smartphones in general have become cumbersome. Manufactures keep making devices wider and taller but the thickness is way too thin. I believe it is a design to satisfy the ones who want devices to be 'sexy' while allowing devices to be very fragile. Thin phones are not designed for the hand. Less surface area = less friction which in turn creates a device that is more likely to be dropped and broken. Furthermore, it creates the unneccesary phone case market. I would like a manufacturer to create a phone designed for the human hand, not fingertips. Thicker, concaved back, an ergonomic interface, and built in crumple zones. With this design it would create a phone that felt sturdy (solid, not cheap), room for a larger battery, durability, and maybe some internal heat sinks so higher performace parts can be implemented.

... Your Mummy is a Zombie.
    06-19-2013 01:17 PM
    The rude and inappropriate comments in this thread are not warranted. The OP asked a legitimate question and was polite about it. There was no need for some of the replies that he has been given.

Jennifer Stough
    Forums Moderator
    Device: Droid DNA unlocked, s-off, rooted, running Hatka Supreme Sense 5.0, Android 4.1.2
    Which question are you referring to? The only legitimate question he asked was something about using the pen for longer than 10 minutes. Other than that it was giant statement more than anything else.

It reads like more of a manifesto about how tiny his little girl hands are and how big the phone is. How it hurts to hold a phone this big and so on and so forth.

06-22-2013 05:13 PM
    If it was too big why did you buy it in the first place? probably wasn't the best decision. Oh, and complaining on here won't shrink it. I honestly think you should look into returning it or even trying to sell it to someone and using the money that satisfies your needs better.

Enjoy!
    06-22-2013 05:40 PM
    I had a Note 2 and loved it, but it was a bit big for me so I sold it and bought an S4. Problem solved! I did not come on AC and complain because I spent a lot of money, we all did!

I saw the OPs post as mostly a rant about a poor decision. I suggest that you sell your Note2, take the hit and chalk it up to the cost of a poor choice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using AC Forums mobile app
    06-22-2013 05:58 PM
    Which question are you referring to? The only legitimate question he asked was something about using the pen for longer than 10 minutes. Other than that it was giant statement more than anything else.

It reads like more of a manifesto about how tiny his little girl hands are and how big the phone is. How it hurts to hold a phone this big and so on and so forth.

There were two questions in his OP, one asking if anyone else was feeling unhappy with the device, and another asking if anyone else was experiencing problems when using the s-pen for a prolonged amount of time. The OP was very adamant about explaining that he was not bashing the device, it is PERSONAL preference, and that he should have tested the device longer. Regardless of how his post read and what questions were asked, personally insulting a member, will not, under ANY circumstances be tolerated. If you would like to further discuss this with me, you can do so via PM. Thanks.

Jennifer Stough
    Forums Moderator
    06-22-2013 06:03 PM
    I can say this, sometimes your experience with a device in the store can be decidedly different than when you use the device on a daily basis. I remember once testing the Droid 2 in the store and thought that the keyboard was pretty good. Then I started using the physical slide out keyboard all the time and I didn't like the experience at all.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    06-22-2013 06:17 PM