So I'm currently running a rooted note 2 with perseus kernel. I've never run a non stock rom so I'm wondering if I upgrade to it, will I lose all my information, settings, etc? basically is it like starting with a new phone in terms of setup? or is this what is required with a new rom install? what about all the apps i have setup? if for some reason i don't like the rom, what is the easiest way to recover how my phone was assuming i did a backup? i have made a backup of my stock rom along with using titanium backup.

any help, thoughts, opinions would be appreciated
    05-24-2013 05:29 PM
    Sounds like you're running a custom ROM, or are you wanting to move from a stock to the Alliance ROM?

In either case you will lose settings, and likely some or all information. Appears that you made a Nandroid backup so can flash back to your current ROM if you don't like Alliance. You could restore your apps and app data via Titanium.

A few references that you may have already found.
    [XXDMC3][JB V3.0] N7100 AllianceROM V3.0 - It begins here | AllianceROM. Install Steps
    HOW TO: Install Galaxy Note 2 N7100 AllianceROM XXDMB5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware - Tutorial / Guide. Backup suggestions and install steps
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...n-w-video.html Verizon specific, but good references
    05-24-2013 06:54 PM
    currently stock. enjoying being able to tweak things for sure : i'll check out those links... thank you
    05-24-2013 07:40 PM
    I certainly enjoyed all the options allowed with Alliance Rom, but ultimately I found it hung up often. Touchwiz wouldn't work, the cpu speed would ramp up and not allow anything to work, etc. I'm sure a program I was using probably had a conflic, even as I added one at a time, but the hours of tinkering to figure out what that might be certainly was not worth whatever payoff i might have gotten. reloading the stock rom with the perseus kernel and calling it good
    05-25-2013 01:17 PM