Unlocked ATT Note 2 On T-Mobile | No Wifi Calling :(

ScottMac53

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Title says it all.

I bought an unlocked ATT Galaxy Note 2 and am using it on T-Mobile's network. They have the ability to do Wifi calling, but the option isn't in the settings menu to activate it.

I called T-Mobile and they said it's because it's a different company's phone so it wont be compatible.

Is there any way rooting might help this problem?

I know there are apps that allow you to do WiFi calling, but I want to use my same number and also have signal to get texts through. Help anyone?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Title says it all.

I bought an unlocked ATT Galaxy Note 2 and am using it on T-Mobile's network. They have the ability to do Wifi calling, but the option isn't in the settings menu to activate it.

I called T-Mobile and they said it's because it's a different company's phone so it wont be compatible.

Is there any way rooting might help this problem?

I know there are apps that allow you to do WiFi calling, but I want to use my same number and also have signal to get texts through. Help anyone?

You won't be able to. WiFi calling is built into the T-Mobile ROM and software. Even if you root, its possible that since you don't have an actual T-Mobile device the system will 'know' and won't allow it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

ericrangel76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Try going to the XDA Developers forums. There's a rom called Jedi Master that has the T mobile Wifi calling feature in the rom. The rom is pretty stable. I have used Jedi XP rom that doesn't have that feature but its a really good rom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ericrangel76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
So I took the plunge and installed T-Mobile Jedi Master 14 Rom on my unlocked Att Galaxy Note2. I have my phone rooted and I'm able to make calls over Wifi. When I installed the rom, I kept the current modem and everything works fine.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

bobbehrooz

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Can you get 4G/LTE on t-mobile network with an unlocked AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2? Based on research the AT&T Note 2 supports 1700/2100 (band 4) MHz and should work with T-Mobile’s 4G LTE network using 1700 MHz and 2100 MHz. But has anybody verified this is actually works?

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Can you get 4G/LTE on t-mobile network with an unlocked AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2? Based on research the AT&T Note 2 supports 1700/2100 (band 4) MHz and should work with T-Mobile’s 4G LTE network using 1700 MHz and 2100 MHz. But has anybody verified this is actually works?

Yes, you can as long as you are in a refarmed area. I get T-Mobile LTE on my $30/month prepaid plan. About 20 mbps down/15 mbps up on my unlocked AT&T Note 2 as well as my wife's unlocked AT&T Galaxy S3.

bobbehrooz

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the confirmation. Do you use the standard AT&T Note 2 ROM? I am not sure if your unlocked AT&T Note 2 is able to get on T-Mobile’s 4G and 4G LTE? I have read that T-Mobile has reallocated (refarmed) their 1900 MHz band from 2G to 4G access and if your area has been reallocated you will get 4G on T-Mobile 1900 MHz band which the AT&T Note 2 supports. Are you also able to get on T-Mobile’s 4G LTE band (1700 MHz and 2100 MHz)? The Note 2 specs say it supports these two LTE frequencies. What have you seen?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000