How do i increase Battery charge speed and reduce battery consumption

Au3110

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Note GT N7100 [Rooted]
I am running on Project AOSP, at 1800mHz
I have used Juice Defender Ultimate, turned it to extreme and even then I had a 40% power drop while leaving it over night
Is there any setting I can change in STweaks to decrease battery consumption or even increasing charge speed.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming you've done the usual tricks already (lower screen brightness, turn of LTE or HSPA+ when not needed, turn off bluetooth and GPS when not using them, lower the time your apps refresh or poll for new data, etc)

Those things alone will do a LOT. Let's say for example you use Facebook with 200 friends. Facebook app defaults to refresh every hour... that right there is a lot of data to be polling every hour. Same thing with other social media sites, and you might want to reduce the refresh time on weather apps as well.

The other thing that may play into your battery life is how many widgets you have running, and how often THOSE refresh.

Other then that I'd say throttle your CPU somewhat, and look into other ROMs to see which has the best battery life.

Sadly it comes down to balance. Lots of features and extras and apps polling for data is super convinent but hard on the battery. Turning all that stuff off makes a "smartphone" far less smart and useful, but really takes a load off of the battery.

It could also be that the battery is getting old (depending on how long you've had the device and your previous usage and charging habits)

I don't have a Note but I've got a Galaxy Nexus which has terrible battery life. All these things are stuff that I've found helps somewhat.

Au3110

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply

Well my phone is quite new
I have removed the overclocking and am using battery doctor which showed quite an improvement in my battery life but still i am not getting the required battery life
I even used cpu sleeper which turns off 3 cores when the screen is not active.
All these stuff give me the same battery life at the end of the day

What I believe is that maybe I have too many applications on my phone (I dont use them all during the day but specially during my boredom hours{WHICH IS RARE},my phone mainly has its screen off)
Can this be a reason?!

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried uninstalling some useless apps? I know you said this before, but it is a solution. Are your camera albums synced to the cloud or something? That could be a reason

Sent from Samsung Z1 GPE on T-Mobile

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo