So it's been a while since I have even considered coming back to this section.

Last phone I that I modded tweaked and rommed the sh*t out of was my Droid Charge.

Following that the likes of the Galaxy S3, S4, and note 2 have curbed my appetite for that stuff. Today I peered over at my Note 2 slightly missing my S4 and convinced myself to ROOT it.

So i'm rooted now and considering some custom ROMS, but with losing touch with community I have lost touch with my trusted advisors and need some help.

1 - Is there a preferred rooting guide - I am assuming I have to unlock the bootloader - is there a way to check if mine is unlocked? If not a preferred guide anyone willing to talk me through?

2 - Which ROMS are the best and the most updated - with 4.3 coming around the corner (Oh wait I have verizon that could mean 4 days or 9 months from now ) I am hesitant to just start messing around, and could really use some direction.

Thanks in advance!
    10-23-2013 08:00 PM
    So it's been a while since I have even considered coming back to this section.

Last phone I that I modded tweaked and rommed the sh*t out of was my Droid Charge.

Following that the likes of the Galaxy S3, S4, and note 2 have curbed my appetite for that stuff. Today I peered over at my Note 2 slightly missing my S4 and convinced myself to ROOT it.

So i'm rooted now and considering some custom ROMS, but with losing touch with community I have lost touch with my trusted advisors and need some help.

1 - Is there a preferred rooting guide - I am assuming I have to unlock the bootloader - is there a way to check if mine is unlocked? If not a preferred guide anyone willing to talk me through?

2 - Which ROMS are the best and the most updated - with 4.3 coming around the corner (Oh wait I have verizon that could mean 4 days or 9 months from now ) I am hesitant to just start messing around, and could really use some direction.

Thanks in advance!
    I am not sure hoe to check, but I think a search in Google will give some good results in how to unlock the bootloader. And since it's Verizon, I am sure it is locked. I was running SlimROM, and I loved it. Already on 4.3.
    10-24-2013 08:52 AM
    Haven't found many comprhensive guides. Or a way to check bootloader. Any ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    10-30-2013 06:57 PM