My phone will not boot into recovery- rooted

Spectre130

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
My phone keeps on restarting. Makes it as far as the home screen and then reboots again. I try to boot into recovery (TWRP). I get to the TEAMWIN blue screen and then it restarts and tries to boot the phone normally. I am rooted and running Whompasaurus Rom. I am away from my home computer so I can not access ODIN at work. Any way to get to recovery...or hard reset? :-$

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Maybe a battery pull will help. Any changes, tweaks, mods implemented before the reboot cycles started?

Spectre130

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Pulled the Batt more than a few times. Nada. It will let me go into download mode but not recovery. When I try to go to recovery it flashes TEAMWIN then goes right into standard boot.
Home screen loads up for about 30 seconds then then it reboots back into an endless cycle.

No recent changed have been made.

Spectre130

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I finally got home and hooked it up to ODIN... it is still freaking out.

This is what I get:
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:1/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:1/004> File analysis..
<ID:1/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:1/004> Initialzation..
<ID:1/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:1/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:1/004> recovery.img
<ID:1/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:1/004> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:1/004> RES OK !!
<ID:1/004> Remain Port .... 1
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 1)
<ID:0/003> Added!!

and keeps rebooting. :-!

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
This thread has some good references [GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root/Rom/Return to Stock the VZW Galaxy Note II! - xda-developers

I remember seeing a troubleshooting guide for Odin that touched on drivers, USB cables, USB ports, etc as being a common source for Odin to phone connectivity and stability. I can't find that thread at the moment.

Appreciate that the above may not solve your immediate reboot issue, but if you can get a stable Odin session, then that should help get you on a path to reflashing a stable Custom Recovery and ROM.

Update: found the link for Odin troubleshooting guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=37196070&postcount=3

Last edited:

Spectre130

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
This thread has some good references [GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root/Rom/Return to Stock the VZW Galaxy Note II! - xda-developers

I remember seeing a troubleshooting guide for Odin that touched on drivers, USB cables, USB ports, etc as being a common source for Odin to phone connectivity and stability. I can't find that thread at the moment.

Appreciate that the above may not solve your immediate reboot issue, but if you can get a stable Odin session, then that should help get you on a path to reflashing a stable Custom Recovery and ROM.

Update: found the link for Odin troubleshooting guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=37196070&postcount=3

Thanks Dog! I'll give it a shot tonight.

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk

Spectre130

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Still didn't work last night. It now loads the boot screen but now instead of going into the phone's home screen, it just goes to black screen. I have to pull the battery to get the phone to turn off. It says that I need to urn phone debug on to go further in ODIN. I am stuck. I am not new to rooting but this is boggling my mind.

Spectre130

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried restoring the phone spctre?

Sent from my C6603 using AC Forums mobile app

Yes, I tried that last night and that is when ODIN told me that it couldn't continue until I set the phone to debug.

I tried several USB cords in all of the USB ports in the computer.

Deanig_12

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried connecting the phone to kies with the battery out see if that dose anything first run kies take battery out of phone see what that dose

Spectre130

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried connecting the phone to kies with the battery out see if that dose anything first run kies take battery out of phone see what that dose

I just tried Kies. It could not see the phone.
I went back to the tool kit and tried everything. Now the phone just goes between the Teamwin blue screen for 8 seconds then tries to boot and goes to the Samsung Galaxy Note II title page and then back to the Treamwin page.

I'm stuck.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
How many times have I seen toolkit problems on these forums. Countless. You would think by now people would realize the problems associated with toolkit rooters. Goomanager to install TWRP and cfautoroot to do the actual root it cant get any easier. Im sorry I dont have anything helpful to say as obviously I dont use toolkits for rooting.

So you get as far as the home screen and no further? You said 30 seconds and the phone goes to blackscreen, is this enough time to go into settings and turn on debug? I think I read somewhere that the note 2 has a safemode for troubleshooting. You could try and research that.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Gilbert Mirsky

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I know this is really late but if your still having your problem or if anyone is having this problem
This is how i fixed Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (SCH-I605) 4.4.2

Put your phone into download mode
Open Odin
Select Ap
Point it to I605VRUFND7_I605VZWFND7_I605VRUFND7_HOME.tar.md5
Select Pit
Point it to sch-i605-16gb.pit
Make sure you have a COM port active on the top left
Have Auto Reboot, Re-Partition, Nand Erase All and F. Reset Time checked
IF YOU DO THIS YOU WILL LOSE EVERY THING ON YOUR PHONE UNLESS YOU HAVE IT BACKED UP

Press start
When this boots you will either get into android or you will get stuck at the Verizon logo
if you get stuck then go into recovery mode (you should be able to now)
In recovery mode you want to wipe data/factory reset
and then wipe cache partion
After those are both done
Reboot into the system
And you should be able to get into setup
This method has worked for me every time i have used it on my device

Files: http : / / goo.gl/zsywEh?gdriveurl

I promise these are safe i use them every other week

Leojenaile Raras

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I cannot access this link , tried to remove the spaces still not working ( : / / goo.gl/zsywEh?gdriveurl )
Im stuck with the same problem . at first i just cant boot to recovery mode. then i tried using TWRP then when it rebooted im stuck at the logo, can't access anything except download mode. I NEED HELP. IM USING GALAXY j1.:(

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234