HELP! Note 2 stuck in Factory mode. Can't clear it.

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
My Note 2 had a bad battery malfunction and I ended up wiping everything and bringing the phone back to factory new before I figured out that it was the battery. So, I bought a new OEM battery and it works OK now.
Except.

Now, I have this overlay screen that makes it hard to use. It's apparently in Factory Mode and I've googled and YouTubed and can't really find an answer or fix for it. It's running 4.4.2. I used KingRoot to gain Root control of it so I could use apps like Root Explorer to get into the areas found on the various YT videos and such. However, it seems they were all done prior to the 4.4.2 update and the ways mentioned don't work.

Either that or I'm missing something and not realizing I'm not doing a step.

Is there anyone here that can help? Any insight to this problem would be greatly appreciated. Here's a photo of my screen.

Thanks You in Advance.

Attachments

• 20160511_193201.jpg
    20160511_193201.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 3

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks,

I tried that a couple of times. I even went to the Linux Terminal Editor route that I found online to re-edit some of the settings and that too hasn't worked.

My factory Mode is set to ON. I even tried redoing that a couple of times by editing it to OFF, restarting, then changing back to ON and I still get the screen.

I'm at a loss to figure out what is causing this.

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
To give a better idea of the steps I've tried so far this link has all the steps from the Root editor section to also trying this with the Terminal Emulation editor.
How to Exit Factory Mode for Samsung Galaxy Devices

I still get the Factory mode. Is there some way to "UNcorrupt" my partition or whatever is causing this issue?

Here's another screen shot after I reboot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-15-15-48-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-05-15-15-48-51.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 11

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but that previous YouTube link was the best that I could offer. Hopefully someone else can weigh in--good luck!