Google Now on Note 2

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
It's part of JB so yes it will be there. Also the phone hasn't even been released yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

darrenf

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I've only seen Google Now activated in one demo video and it's the one by Vlad Savov of The Verge. He launched it from a button located on screen at the bottom of the recent apps screen (long press on the home key to launch) and in his demo it only drew the graphic at the top before he cut away from it because it was taking too long to load. Interestingly, a message popped up after that reporting a network error despite the fact that the phone appeared to have good bars.

Since Vlad was able to handle the SGN2, unlike most other reviewers, we also get a look at writing on screen with the S Pen which looks incredible.

There is also a view of the phone with the back off and that photo was particularly exciting to me because it shows the NFC antenna has been moved from the battery to the battery door and is located at the top of the phone. That means that we can use cheap non-NFC batteries and it means that it should be easy to add a touchstone charging coil in the bottom half of the battery door -- one that makes use of contacts instead of wires and doesn't cover and interfere with the function of the NFC antenna. Yea!

-darren