Note 2 International version LTE?

mtucker

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I watched the Note 2 info in the Samsung IFA Unpacked video. They state the Note supports LTE. Is that for the International version or are they throwing in all versions to get that (meaning the international won't have LTE, but the US and other releases will)? I've also seen some info that says the processor is a quad core Exynos and others say that the processor wasn't named and it is either a S4 pro or Exynos. Is there a quad core Exynos that supports LTE?

If the International version has LTE, I may buy it (import and pay full price). I have been very happy with my original Note (ATT i717), but have longed for the smoothness I had on my GSII (ATT i777 with dual core Exynos). I'm not willing to lose LTE to keep the Exynos however.

lsutigers03

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I would assume that the international version would be hspa+ only. If LTE is important you can get the AT&T version like you did with the original note because the s4 processor is much better than the s3. You won't see the lag that you experienced with the original note. Jelly Bean will also help to make the phone very smooth.

mtucker

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I would assume that the international version would be hspa+ only. If LTE is important you can get the AT&T version like you did with the original note because the s4 processor is much better than the s3. You won't see the lag that you experienced with the original note. Jelly Bean will also help to make the phone very smooth.
I didn't think LTE was important to me when using my HSPA+ GS2. Who needs LTE speed on a cell phone? Then I got my Note and I think I would miss LTE a lot. Yes, I have read the S4 does great things in the GS3 and One X.
I'll just sit patient and see what the U.S. version is going to be running for a processor (assuming the International doesn't support LTE).

lsutigers03

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I didn't think LTE was important to me when using my HSPA+ GS2. Who needs LTE speed on a cell phone? Then I got my Note and I think I would miss LTE a lot. Yes, I have read the S4 does great things in the GS3 and One X.
I'll just sit patient and see what the U.S. version is going to be running for a processor (assuming the International doesn't support LTE).

Yeah waiting can be hard. I tried the first Note but sold it really quickly because of the size. After watching the hands on for the Note 2 I may give it a longer trial period. The software looks incredible.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Samsung had a press statement a few months back stating that their exynos cpu was now able to support LTE. That was their shortcoming.

It was either a exynos quad core and no lte or a dual core and lte.

I thought i had seen the report on AC when it came out.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

mtucker

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
According to the article I linked to, there are two versions (both running Exynos 4412), but one will have an additional chipset to give it LTE "We asked around and turns out that the Note II LTE has the same innards as well - a quad-core Exynos 4412 Quad SoC with an additional LTE chip inside."

Here is a review that also mentions both LTE and non LTE versions will have the quad Exynos. It also has good detail about the much improved display.
Samsung Galaxy Note II Preview | Android Emotions
"As far as connectivity goes, the Note II will come in two versions ? HSPA+ and LTE. Both use the same Exynos chipset, but the LTE version has an additional modem"

I suppose it is possible the U.S. version could use a S4, but if there is a Exynos version that supports LTE (that would work with ATT), then I am all over it.